Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    '13 E70 35D
    here ya go...

1. When i purchased my E39 M5 in 2008, i asked around and was told of this forum by a friend.
    2. i Recently re-joined (lost all old info from 2008) due to the purchase of the E38.
    3. not really lurking, just gathering info and asking questions (most were already asked/answered)
    4.most answers were posted, the E38 is an old car, most issues have been covered.

Great Forum, very mature, and look forward to my own contributions.

My Cars
    08 750Li /09 G37 TECH-NA
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?
    Google.
    2. Why did you decide to join?
    Seemed interesting.
    3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    Just lurked for a while. I can't post anything with pic.s yet due to forum rules.
    4. If you "lurked", Why?

My Cars
    08 750Li /09 G37 TECH-NA
    Google.
    Seemed interesting.
    3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    Just lurked for a while. I can't post anything with pic.s yet due to forum rules.
    4. If you "lurked", Why?

My Cars
    540i X5 745Li
    1. Googling car issues.
    2. Finally decided to start contributing to the knowledge base.
    3. Lurked until very recently
    4. Must've been a lack of self confidence lol

My Cars
    e38 728i M Sport

newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE
    4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    1. Found bimmer forums from a link on the uk 7 series forum
    2. I decided to join to ask about a heating issue. Generally I join and get involved with forums of cars and bikes I own.
    3. Active right away. See answer 2.
    4. No lurking and certainly not short in confidence. I administrate various other forums too.

My Cars
    Bmw 328iat -98
    1. I google it a few years ago.

2. Becuse i want to share pic and info about my rides

3. active right away.

My Cars
    "97"740iL"95"316i"93"525

Google search

lack of knowledge and also members here(E38) are much more mature than other forums, much more helpful instead of cat fights or trying to show off their rides (usually happens in 3series forum)lol

- I try to be an active poster; I guess I'm doing well... But yes, I do watch too (if that make sense, haha...).

My Cars
    Black 2001 740i Sport

A buddy owns a 3 Series and a 5 Series. He suggested this place.

I am considering a 2000/01 740i Sport.

I read for a day or two, then signed up. I will likely lurk for a while - at least until I make a decision on a car.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

I have nothing worthwhile to contribute...yet.

My Cars
    1989 bmw 750il

y?

i actually ,just got a couple month ago a bmw 750il 1989 is my first car other than a volvo v70 wagon family car that i am can't touch coz is just a family car so i bough the car for 500 bucks knowing it was gonna need some money ,the car has a few problems and just look around in google and found this site after a few hours and look around again like the people stories and the peoples efforts to help bmw lovers with the will of fixing the cars without being screw by f dealerships so i really liked the site and hope i can help people too if anybody ever needs it i will help with my experience

so far i learned from this site and done

spark plugs , oil filters , all brakes fixed resistor from dash upper pan gasket , stereo code, and trying to get a pentosin leak fixed .

cheers and thanks everyone

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740i

Thumbs up

(A1)1 day after I bought my 7 series I hopped online to find a proper forum for support and just so happened to come across this lovely place.

(A2)I've been lurking the threads on and off about 2 months, after wanting to join in on the convos and ask questions I just decided to join.

(A3)I just joined today and this is my second post so yeah i guess lol.

(A4) I just wanted to see how the people on this forum was. Alot of times you come across forums where all the people are know it all douches. But this place turned out to be great.

My Cars
    2001 DINAN7

new member poll

1. i learned out bimmerforums from the senior members of another bmw forum
    2. i wanted to make more bmw friends would like to meet more local area member especially
    3. nope why lurk when you can listen and butt into other folks conversions

My Cars
    740 ILP
    I was searching around looking for information on the 7 series and stumbled upon the forum.

After reading several posts on the forum I was very impressed with the camaraderie, the willingness to provide information and advice, and the general knowledge of the forum. After I acquired a 740iLP, I knew that I needed a good resource for help and information so I joined immediately

I lurked around for a while.

I lurked around for a bit because I was trying to educate myself on the common issues of the 7 series and to a gain a deeper understanding of BMW maintenance and modifications. I saw that most everyone on the forum was very helpful and understanding of the less educated folks asking questions, which was very refreshing. Also, since I did not have a lot to offer in terms of advice and instruction I did not feel technologically capable to offer much to the conversations. But I am slowly becoming more involved and look forward to offering help where I can when I gain some more knowledge. I am looking forward to contributing to the community.

My Cars
    E38
    Google search typing E38 forum.
    What to show off my BMW CAR.
    I want to post right away with my picture and link but I can not share my project picture due to forum rules.

Google searched a question about bimmers and ended up here
    I'm hoping to get a used 740i 1998 for my first car, I want to learn to take care of it and be a good owner. I'm hoping to get it in a week or so...
    This is my first post, I lurked for a day or so hahahaha
    I was so immersed into the conversations people were having and learning so much I didn't think of posting :p

My Cars
    1991 318i, 1997 740i
    Kyle Anderson!

To get more information and maybe some help with my 7.

Lurked around for a bit.

Wasn't sure if I was going to buy another car just yet, not enough time, etc.

Story: I've dealt with "American" cars and wanted to venture into something more interesting and, well, designed with more elegance. Needless to say I don't like interiors made of cheap plastic or shoddy engineering. I have built up an LS1 Firebird, plenty of DIY on suspension, engine, clutch, electrical, etc etc. It's a hobby.

I just bought a 1997 740i, engine is out of a 99 car. All of the pixels are missing in the OBC display and trans went out last week I am suspecting an electrical problem the way it is behaving but have yet to really look into it as I have no time due to pharmacy school. I'll post a thread on it tomorrow when I get some time to investigate and take pictures.

My Cars
    2001 bmw 740il
    new 740i owner. been into vw on vortex for years, now moved on to bmw. need many answers and info on these cars and this forum looks like the right place to start!!
    thanks

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740i
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy)

google

been droped into bmws and now im addicted

active the moment i signed up, but lurked well before i joined

learning the forum to see if it was layout out decent, could use some work compared to other forums that i am part of, like for each series have separate categories if you look on crownvic.net, each generation has its own bank of sub categories

i made the effort cause now that i own a bimmer, and am now knee deep in the world of the bimmer, i want to chat with people who i can learn things from, make friends and bring my own mix and style to this cool place

My Cars
    1982 E23
    Google

Want to know more about my new car (1982 E23) and want to interact with others that know about these cars.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Just signed up a few minutes ago and now writing this post.

Didn't lurk, ready to jump in feet first.

My Cars
    1996 BMW E38 750iL
    searched google a number of times for problems and mostly ended up here
    I finally got my dream E38 750i so i thought that after 2 years now would be a good time
    I lurked around for about 1,5 years.
    at that time i had a e39 528i but it wasnt anything special, now with my 750 things are different, i want to give it the best care possible so i decided to join now. And since i couldnt add anything of significance to the conversation i just sat there watching and reading other more experienced people talk.

My Cars
    2000 740i
    I did a Google search for a BMW forum when I was considering purchasing an E38.

I bought the car.

lurk and watch

I'm new to the car and new to BMW. I'm definitely not technically advanced enough to get involved in most conversations. This is a very welcoming environment and I will contribute more as I learn more.

My Cars
    2001 bmw 740il
    new bmw 740il owner, been into vws for years on the vortex and new of this site for a long time, once in a while id check it out to whats up in the bmw world, now im in it deep, 740il with loads of stuff to repair so ill need all the advice i can get!!

My Cars
    1998 m roadster
    I know I have beena member longer than 6mo, but need more posts so that I can put some pictures up! Hope this is ok.

Wonderful Google

I liked the tone of everyone here.

Lurked around for purchasing info & then joined after buying a Z

Everyone was super helpful!

My Cars
    850 745,914,57 speedster

I'm a car dealer /colloctor, became aware of your forum through internet investigation I would say, joined right away as I needed a part for a new addition to my collection a 1985 745i sweet car one owner euro car 94k out of an estate sale and a cherry, may or may not sell it, nice group keep up the great work, thanks. may have found my part hope I can return the favor in the future. How can I post pictures of my car, can't figure out how to attach photos?

My Cars
    E39 M5, E32 750 highline
    google!

Cause i'm a BMW fanatic and i want to share experience and learn more than i already know from my own experience and swedish BMW forums.

I've been reading some threads for a couple years but it was when i got my E32 i became a member.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    I found some info that was helpful regarding the highline model, "shogun" really knows his highline..

My Cars
    2009 BMW 750i, 04 745LI
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? Googled "745 and 750 forums"

2. Why did you decide to join? Why not! Seems like a great group sharing a common passion.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Lurked for a bit. Have been off and on since purchasing my first 7 series. That died off up until I just got a F01 recently

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? Appreciated everyone's help, thought I might as well join at some point!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast