Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    1998 740il

DiamondAngel = Melissa (nice to "meet" you!)

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy)

1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?
    I searched for a forum for E38's.
    2. Why did you decide to join?
    We're car enthusiasts! Aside from our love of Bimmers, we adore first and second generation Camaros. We're currently restoring a 1968 Ermine white with black/black convertible, a '71 RS, and have a '71 Z28 in the wings waiting to be put on the spit.
    3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    No lurking here, lol. I jumped right in!
    4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

If you would be so kind as to reply, I would like to hear from you as OUR goal is to make this the BEST forum.

I would like to extend this to any member less than 6 months old.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.
    Because the only way to learn is to read AND ask questions! Besides, no one aside from my husband around here shares my love of German engineering.

Can anyone tell me where to go on here to fill in my profile and add an avatar?
    [/quote]

My Cars
    Two '01 740iLs
    On the top of the page you'll see 'User CP' Click that and go from there. Welcome to the Forums!
    - Sean
    RIP Blitzkrieg

My Cars
    future 740il
    1: Internet search
    2: Because Jaguarforums were so helpful with the jag
    3: Joined yesterday, posting today!
    4: Always helpful

My Cars
    2001 540i, 1995 750iL

New Member Poll

Like most, google is the search tool.

With 2 (BMW) cars in the stable now, and the wealth of information available, it seemed a wise choice to join.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?
    I was a definite lurker. I wanted to be sure that I had exhausted all the threads as best as could be, before asking questions.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?
    I definitely do not know enough about the cars yet to be of any help to anyone, and besides, reading back and forth through the posts kinda gives you a feeling about the folks that frequent here, and the level of expertise of the different moderators and posters. Which by the way, I find to be quite high. So I am in for good, at least as long as I own at least one of these "driving machines"
    `hege

My Cars
    BMW 740iL '96

A lot of my Google searches brought me here...more than a lot actually.

I joined because I was finally about to make a purchase and needed/need all the info, advice, and help I can get.

Haven't had too much to post about as of yet. But I lurked for months!

You guys rock!

My Cars
    1999 740iL

New Member Poll

Google search for BMW forums.

I like the way this site is configured/organized and this site had the most info regarding the E38.

Lurked for two whole days.

I had to do my due diligence.

My Cars
    2015 328i M Sport
    1. Hi guys new to bimmerforums, have definately lurked for quite some time, mostly because procrastinator lazy, but have chosen to finally do it already.
    2. Decided to join because, i love bmw, love my bmw, and theres so many nice people on here and tons of things to learn, and almost every question gets answered no matter what it may be.
    Basically cut down 3&4 for some short, more indepth answer.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    There have been lots of new members join in the last month or so.

Im curious and have a few questions. (Im a curious guy)

If you would be so kind as to reply, I would like to hear from you as OUR goal is to make this the BEST forum.

I would like to extend this to any member less than 6 months old.

I ask these silly questions for a reason. Anybody can google and find BFC and get free information without joining. I want know why you took the extra effort and joined.

Ill start with my story:
    Had a very hard to diagnose electrical problem on my car. I googled for help. Found this site. I liked the format and the way help was presented.
    I lurked around a bit, and saw that the people were cool and it seemed like every problem got solved. I started posting to help others. My kinda place. Still here.
    1. I think I Googled a question and the forum turned up in the results

2. This is by far the most active E38 board I've seen, with very knowledgeable users

3. I lurked until I was sure I was getting a 7
    2000 740i Sport Titanium Silver/Black

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740il
    Hey y'all names Rico
    Just like every body that knows about bimmers

To further my knowledge on my flagship. And to ask why it came with a baby cup holder lol.

Active poster/lurked a bit.

Lurked just to see if it was newbie friendly lol. I'm a newbie towards 7dubs but I'm pretty knowledgeable towards cars.

God I love my 7DuB!!!

My Cars
    1985 BMW 735i
    The Googles

Was looking around for help on how to fix a part, figured I;d give this a shot

Right away.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Bimmer search.

Bought a Bimmer.

Bimmer lurker.

Didn't want to be a wanker when most questions had been asked and answered a bimmerillion times.

My Cars
    BMW 740i & 328i Cabrio
    I was looking for a halfwit who tried having my pants down on 7 series parts that he hadnt delivered and i found you guys talking about him on here!

wanted to add myself to the list of victims.

am unsure i fit in these forums but thought id go for it.

Although friendly it can be a bit daunting if your a newcomer to these sites as you maybe judged into thinking you only just got a 7 series and will have nothing to offer. Ive had around 20 beemers but in fairness still dont have much to offer lol

My Cars
    1998 740il
    the only reason i "lurked" is to ensure this forum was not a bunch of know it alls acting like im a four year old with my car. . .dont get me wrong everyone is entitled to their opinion but i dont want some desk jockey telling me (an ase certified mechanic) whats wrong/ what i should do to my car

My Cars
    BMW 1985 735i, 1988 535i

Newbie again

G'Day People,
    Been away for a while....No! Not one of THOSE 'Holidays'

Prior member with my 1st E23er

To gain info in bringing my Beemers up to "Ultra-Reliable"

Lurked for a day or two.

Post when and with what I feel comfortable.
    Have a MotoGuzzi and am on AIGOR, they are also most helpful.
    http://home.pacific.net.au/~cusacks4/aigor/

Have a ZF 4HP22 with no forward Gears,
    and some wiring issues in my Grey 'battle Cruiser'; another E23

Ta,
    Ivan

My Cars
    '95 740i
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? - My buddy (Speede7) is a member here.

2. Why did you decide to join? - I've always been a fan of BMWs and my next car will either be an E32/34 or an E38.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? - I spent about 35 minutes lurking before I registered.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? - I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but I know very little about bimmers, but I can tell their a different animal than my volvos lol

Anyway more about me I'm Miguel, I'm from Mesa, AZ (suburb of Phoenix). I'm a volvo kid (I have 2) and I'm starting to get into BMWs. I'm in the market for an E32/34 or E38 depending on how my budget is going to look in the next few months...

At the moment I'm just gonna lurk and drool at the cars posted in the showroom forums.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 740iL

1.) Google is my friend.. 2.) I joined because I picked up an E38 recently & this was the best forum on Google... 3.) I lurked around for a bit, then I registered.. 4.) I have some Automotive knowledge, but very little when it comes to BMW's... Now that we got that out of the way, my nameis Mark Cepeda, i'm from Guam, but Going back to Cali soon (my car is out there).. Just "lurking around" looking for ideas on how to improve my E38...

My Cars
    1999 BMW 740i Sport
    Hi am just new here and would like to join. Just got my 740i sport and looking for good mechanic for it. If someone can tell me were i can get some parts and fix it at the right place. Thank you.

My Cars
    E65
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? - google

2. Why did you decide to join? - coz i have a bmw(e65) and got some problems and want DIY's and to see what the crowd are upto

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? Yes i was.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?--

My Cars
    1993 740i
    My 1964 F100 tranny was fixin to go sneakers up plus with 12 mpg I started looking for an automobile. Craigslist had several 740i's listed so I looked at them, liked em and did research, which led me to here. Lots of good comments so I took the leap and paid $3500 for a 1993 740i with 148,000 miles.

At the time I purchased the 740i, I couldn't even spell BMW, knew nothing of it. I looked at a couple other forums and liked this atmosphere best. I'm digging Shoguns and a few others comments and the DIY forum. Seems a very thorough knowledge base here and freely given help. I like that.

I lurked or rather researched and learned about my new auto until now, this is my first post. I probably know enough now to be dangerous but I did get the Bentley manual, its heavy and appears quite detailed, still finding my way around it.

I was and still do work 3 part time jobs though not as many weekends anymore. I was learning my vehicle and didn't know enough about it to comment to any discussions I read.
    The help/homework was all there so I didn't need to repost a previously answered question, just do some research.
    I have made several purchases based on the advice and comments posted on this forum. Another planned purchase is Shoguns reset tool, probably tonight. In fact I just bought the ATE rotors based on his comments today about the balancing vibes.

I need to find the thread to introduce myself, see you out and about.

Donvick
    Last edited by DonVick; 07-07-2012 at 10:30 PM.

My Cars
    E32M60 1993 740iL
    -I found BF.com through goole searches of certain problems on my 740iL.
    -I decided to join because there was just some things I couldnt find, and I knew SOMEONE here could answer my questions
    -I "lurked" for maybe a week before joining. If it tells you anything, I made an account and less than 10 minutes later had a question thread open.
    -I still feel as though im not advanced enough, but im willing to learn!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? I was researching possibly getting an E38 and was in the process of collecting as much information as possible. This site was one of the first ones I came across and it became an immediate "bookmark" that I started referring to constantly.

2. Why did you decide to join? Once I found out a regional forum existed for my area, I decided to join so that I could start participating in discussions, stories and meet-ups that would be relevant to me.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? I'll admit, I lurked for several weeks. I guess I just naturally do this. It gives me time to get familiar with the forum first and see what the general "tone" and "environment" is like. I could tell pretty quickly that people here seem friendly and are genuinely interested in helping each other out.

4. If you "lurked", why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did youfeel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation? I think for me it was more a matter of not physically owning my E38 yet, so on one level I really didn't need help with any kind of problem I was havng, plus there seemed to be a lot of information already posted concerning Buyer's FAQ's and such, which I found very helpful.

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? google

2. Why did you decide to join? 'quick fix it' tips and suggestions

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? an 'active lurker'

my car alarm would go off for no reason at all.. weird. googled the problem, found this site.. easy fix.. don't leave my cell phone while it's turned on, in the car when activating the alarm..

My Cars
    2007 750i Sport Pkg
    I checked out the site because I was considering a BMW for our next car. Just the wife and I now so we thought we would like to go upscale with a nicer more comfortable car for our road trips etc. After researching through this site and many others I found Bimmerforums to be the most helpful in my info gathering. So after purchasing a 2007 750i Sport package loaded with everything I wanted to sign up and give a big thanks for all of the posters and to the forum administrators for the help you gave a "lurker"

My Cars
    1983 BMW 733i
    '83 733i 42k miles

I was thinking of selling my car and thought you guys may be interested. I soon changed my mind and want to drive this thing until one of us dies.

Posted first day and have been lurking up till now.

I wanted to learn a little before I participated.

My Cars
    1999 750i 1995 740i
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? I had a problem with a rough idle and googled it.. The answer was in this forum.

2. Why did you decide to join? Because of the comaradire and good well and helpfullness of the members here.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?Pretty much started posting right away.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or di Nope. I jusmped right in..d you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast