Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Member POLL/Questions

My Cars
    2005 BMW 645ci cab
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com?

I just did a general search for information regarding my new to me E38

2. Why did you decide to join?

It seemed to be the best forum site with members that kindly tolerated new member's questions even though the question might be an obvious and tedious one. There's nothing worse than joining a site and watching a newcomer ask an innocent question and see that person be blasted to bits by an mean-spirited, arrogant member.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

I definitely observed first before I posted anything

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

My answer to Q2 is the reason. Also, the site and how it works is complex and isn't exactly user-friendly. For example, when one posts, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to monitor incoming replies without tracking the post back down again in the stream. Not follow up in a day or two and there's a good deal of posts to sift through to uncover yours again. I would like to have a special area that saves ALL your posts and all the replies to it. Furthermore, it would also be nice to cherry pick good posts that one wants to save for future reference. There's A LOT of good stuff here and it isn't always easy to find it and tag it to create your own personal groupings to suit your personal needs.

My Cars
    1998 e38 740i (stock)
    1. I learned about BimmerForums.com by Google lingerie for advice on doing gasket repair to a 740i.

2. I joined because I own a e38 and am either upgrading or restoring something

3. Well I'm posting now, an hour after joining so...

4. I looked around for a day or three before joining.

My Cars
    2001 e38 740il
    Have a 01 e38 740il. Come on here for ideas and help. Decided to finally make an account. Would like to participate in discussions, but words only go so far. When can we add pictures?? Might give this up if it takes any longer.

My Cars
    2017 740i
    1. How did you learn of BimmerForums.com? - Google searches to questions directed me here.

2. Why did you decide to join? - Bought a 2017 740i (nicely equiped) and thought I should join as I owned a Pilot and an Accord and these forums are a big help.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while? - Took two days.. does that qualify for an active poster?

My Cars
    90 735i
    1: how did I learn of bimmerforums?
    Google. Litterally typed in "bimmer forum" and this is where it lead me
    2:reason for joining?
    Well I got an old bmw and I needed to learn the car inside an out so here I am
    3:active poster or lurker?
    Active. I posted a few things my first couple days here then once I fixed my little issues (thanks to shogun every time) I haven't been as active but my need for more knowledge burns with the intensity of a thousand Suns as I get further into planning out this build I'm mustering up and everyone on here so far has been kind and helpful

My Cars
    2001 750il Sport

Google search for something on my 97 740i many years ago.

I've owned many BMWs and now believe I found the best one yet. Wanted to post Pics of it.

3. Were you an active poster right away or did you "lurk" around and watch for a while?

Lurking many years.

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation?

Just ideas - answers to simple questions. Look at ride pics. BForums comes up lot in Google.

My Cars
    740i 330i
    Learned about BF just by googling info about my car and this forum popped up every time. I've been active since I got here but this only my second of many post I plan on making

My Cars
    Google question.

Wanted help

Dealership not helping.

My Cars
    2005, BMW 740 I Sport,
    I had lurked on this and other site's, liked the response's to problem's, everyone is very helpful, so i joined.
    I hope i can help in a small way.

My Cars
    01 740i, 91 318i vert
    Searching for solutions to problems

To become interactive with the community and to ask questions about certain members' vehicles.

Lurker

4. If you "lurked", Why? Were we forthcoming in our help? Or did you feel perhaps not technically advanced enough to be involved in a conversation
    Had no reason to post until (see question #2).

My Cars
    1991 BMW 750iL

I Google searched like many to find a BMW forum. I typically find that brand/model specific boards are more helpful than those that have a ton of different cars

I found many answers that I was looking for by using the search. Shogun's responses and page were extremely helpful.

I "lurk"

A lot of my questions were those that I figured someone had asked before. I am a new owner of a 91 E32 750iL. Since its now classified as a classic I thought it'd be better for me to do some research before and after I bought it. I figured that most if not all questions would have been covered before. I am new to BMW, but not new to german cars. I am very fluent in Porsche.

My Cars
    audi A4 , BMW 740il
    I have an issue with my new/old 740il and posted it up see if anyone had the same issue i had
    1. Google Search for BMW forums
    2. saw there are plenty of people on here and thought maybe i could find answers to my questions
    3. I posted a question as soon as i got approved also read a thread where someone recommend a company ECS Tuning where i have purchase some things for my Bimmer
    4. even tho im not a technical person when it comes to the BMW or Audi i own both and i did lurk around to get a feel for the forum, but tech or not if i feel i can help out on something that i have known or learned i would jump right in.

My Cars
    Bmw e38 740d
    Hi everyone. Im new in here and want to ask: does someone upgraded 5hp30 gearbox from e38? I need that she will be holding about 400hp and 1000nm, i am trying to search info somewhere about it, and now joined this famous club 😉🖒

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Good ol' Google

I felt bad in a way just lurking, getting free info and help and not being a member. Maybe I can contribute too. 😀

I was a lurker. Hahaha 😂

I was looking for info on wheels and spacers on Google. I found this site. I found excellent info here and now here I am. 🍻

My Cars
    2001/740i
    Good question lots of good answers my journey here first involved buying my first bummer 4 years ago I found this site from e38.org I lurked for a while gathering as much info as possible didnt quite have enough expertise to add input became a member to get to know the community that has been expert advise for the advid D.I.Yer thanks bunches saved me a ton in labor. 2001 740i 191k chain guide broke 3 days ago became a member today first response to my first post has already given me the confidence to tackle. Thanks again

My Cars
    97 325i 98 740i 07 325i
    I follow the forum for a while. I decided to join after visiting multiple sites and forums, by far this forum has the most useful information so that’s why I join. I lurk just because most of the topics have already been covered. I do own 3 bummers a 98 740i 97 325i sedan and a 07 325i sport. Also I appreciate how you all monitor all the threads as most as possible to keep them about helping each other and bashing one what someone else is doing to the car. Semper Fi

My Cars
    2000 740i m sport
    Found it looking for problems on Google didn't make an account untill I found a recent posting cause all the threads I was looking at last postings were from 2013 so didn't know what was up. Became a member because there's a huge amount of info and knowledge here every problem I have encounters someone else here has and it usually gets figured out or at least ideas of where to start and test not just throwing parts at it. Not to much side tracki ng or thread jacking. Can't stand when people are arguing over something that has nothing to do with what's it's about while I try to solve problems

My Cars
    2000 740il
    I recently ,(1 yr ago), bought an 2000 e38, for project restoration. So far bimmer forums have helped me the most.
    I havr learnt alot with this car, so im hoping my experience can help others. I decided to join because its only fair i contribute as well and not just "lurk".

My Cars
    2003 BMW 760LI
    What does the c7 on a 760 stand for?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Hi Jake: Glad to have the opportunity to finally answer a question. 1.) Surfing through web for answers to questions about my 2001 740i obtained in 2006 (approx 200,000 miles) and ran across the site.
    2.) I really liked the people willing to share their knowledge and wanted to learn as much as I could and pay it forward if I could.
    3.) I don't know if I was an active "poster" or an active "leacher" in the beginning? I'm sure I lurked around a lot.
    4.) Everyone was very nice to help out and things have gotten a lot more clear with the DIY videos these days. Some are amazing; even I can mimic their professional work.
    5.) I was away for many years until I recently relocated, became retired and had more time to spend on the site. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Jerry Scholder; 05-05-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: add mileage

My Cars
    1973 Gt Veloce
    Hey everyone, Leo from Greece here 😊

Searching for info regarding an E38 purchase.

This seemed the best place to be in (BMWwise)

I got here yesterday lol...

I like reading and learning things...if I see a topic I can be useful I will participate for sure!!

My Cars
    2009 BMW 750i F01
    I recently bought my first BMW and was searching for various BMW related communities and groups on Google.

I want to be part of the BMW community, I love the social side of forums, especially when they are related to something I am passionate about (cars). Also potentially hoping to find people near by so we can go on BMW rides together.

As soon as I saw the forum and read some posts I decided to join immediately - this is my first post.

Excited to be part of this community thanks for having me guys!

My Cars
    1998-e38 -750il-

Re: new member poll

The previous owner I purchased the car from.

Stranded and need help and knowledge

I’ve been keeping and eye out and rummaging through threads from the outside looking in for a while

I’ve been involved in threads before and realized quickly how opinionated we are as individuals we sometimes forget to respect each other despite the lack of skill or advance skills one may or may not posses. It’s the car that brought us here in the first place so let’s just stick to that ...

My Cars
    BMW,GMC YUKON XL 1500
    Newbie here..
    ✌🏾

My Cars
    84 733i
    - I used to have an e46 so I often used E46fanatics, but sold that car but was familiar with all of the forums. recently purchased a 84-733i so I new i needed get back on the forums because I refuse to pay the dealer 10x the amount to change a simple part here and there.

- because I love the community of the forums and all the good resources available

Posted right away
    - posted right away

-lurking is fun

BMW world is a global community that is a bunch of dudes that love German cars. Had my first BMW at age 19 325ci (E46). then a few years later got an 328i (e46) (bad idea) and now just recently got my 84 733i. i guess as you get older you appreciate older things.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast