Thread: Brake caliper and bleed screw

My Cars
    2000 740iL Schwarzes mit Sandinnenraum

Brake caliper and bleed screw

I recently had my brake fluid flushed and the shop told me that the front left brake caliper's bleed screw was rusted on or at least they couldn't remove it to bleed it. They said I'd need a new caliper. I just saw that I can get a new bleed screw from BAVAuto. Does anyone think I need to buy a whole new caliper or can I get away with having them forcibly remove the old screw and just put a new one on?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    BS. Pop that thing out and put in a new bleed screw. They are pulling on your wallet.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    No 1/2 tons
    Try using a brake line wrench and soak it down with some form of penetrating oil. Leave the oil sitting to soak in and break down the rust. If that doesn't work flash it with heat for a short period of time(torch of welder). If it strips break out the vice grips and put the clamp down. Ive arced the top of a striped bleed screw and just the rapid change in temp enable me to break it free with vice grips. If you use a welder on your car unhook the battery terminals. hillbilly i know but it works. Do not over heat the area as it may screw with you calipers.

I have a feeling they saw 20's in your wallet after you paid for the bleed job, and weren't satisfied they cleaned it out entirely.

My Cars
    2000 740iL Schwarzes mit Sandinnenraum
    I figured. Thank you both.