Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Help with Touch Up Paint

My Cars
    fortwo

Help with Touch Up Paint

THe previous owner of my car used some bmw factory touch up paint and left it with the car when he sold it. I wanted to use it, and I see there are two bottles, one with white paint, and the other is clear. I assume i apply the clear coat after the paint, but I just wanted to make sure seeing as how all the instructions are in german. Am i correct? is there a proper way to apply this?

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    Most touchups dont need the clear. Only use the clear if you find that after touching up, you cant get the area to shine. Ive never seen this to be the case though on most typical small touchups.

Also, check out www.langka.com for the best way to get rid of the 'touchup blob'. Typically, you will fill the chip with enough paint such that when it has dried within a couple of hours, it will be a little higher than the surrounding paint. Use the Langka to knock it back down to the surrounding area, and you generally will not be able to detect the area that you repaired if you did it well.
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boostm3/

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    i was told to apply the paint in thin layers, over the span of a few days so it had plenty of time to dry. Shake the bottle for at least a minute straight before applying. Once it's even (and dry), put the clear over it. Given paul e's comment, maybe you don't need clear.

I've been using a paper towel to dab away the extra paint, seems to be going ok.