Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: E65/66 Tech questions.

My Cars
    BMW 735 2002
    hey man,

i've been having a problem with my 02 735i. After driving for around an hour or so, maybe a bit more, the car starts stuttering when I push the pedal, but as long as the rpm is above 2 it stutters for a bit and then its ok, if I stop, and then try to accelerate, the car chokes and sometimes it shuts down, as if its out of gas or something. The engine light came on nd I hooked it up to scanner and it gave me P0363 and P0491 as well as misfires in cylinders 1,2,3, and 4 (P1343 5 7 and 9) after parking the car for a bit, around 15 mins, the car started ok, a bit of stuttering but the pedal was fairly responsive and I was able to get home, park the car for a couple of hours, when I started it back up the engine light was off! I put some injector cleaner in the tank with a 1/4 tank. The stuttering is still there, but the car is drivable, it sort of jumps after I push the pedal with a noticeable thud as if something took a beating to start running. I've had this problem before and I replaced the tank vent valve and the secondary fuel pump, cause that's what was showing on the scanner, as well as the spark plugs, which had normal wear btw.
    One more thing, on the highway, while stepping on the pedal VERY lightly, the rpm oscillates, especially between 2000 and 2500 rpm, i can also feel the car lurching and receding, pushing the throttle bit more fixes that.
    i've read that maybe its a leaking air whose somewhere? any thoughts about this?
    how can I fix it?

My Cars
    07 B7 , 91 E30 (m102)3.5
    sounds like valve timing ..

My Cars
    BMW 735 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinaman View Post
    sounds like valve timing ..
    nd how do you solve that?

My Cars
    2009 750LI
    Driving into work yesterday morning my NAV screen / radio abrutply shuts off for about 35-40 seconds, comes back on for maybe another 20 seconds, then shuts back off again and hasent been on since.

At the moment I have no functionality from the unit. Everything else is the car seems to be working fine. I've checked fueses and they all seem to be good.

Along with that I've noticed that I no longer get the seatbelt warning and my doors dont beep when opened. Im sure these two issues are tied to each other.

Any one else expierence this? I dont even know where to begin troubleshooting. Before everyone suggest taking it to the dealer it is out of warrenty so I will have to pay out of pocket for it.

Car is a 2009 750Li

Thanks -Doug

My Cars
    07 B7 , 91 E30 (m102)3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by mokh View Post
    nd how do you solve that?
    gotta hook it up to a scanner and see whats going on

check engine light on ?

how many miles and whats been done to the car so far

Quote Originally Posted by DRedd View Post
    Driving into work yesterday morning my NAV screen / radio abrutply shuts off for about 35-40 seconds, comes back on for maybe another 20 seconds, then shuts back off again and hasent been on since.

At the moment I have no functionality from the unit. Everything else is the car seems to be working fine. I've checked fueses and they all seem to be good.

Along with that I've noticed that I no longer get the seatbelt warning and my doors dont beep when opened. Im sure these two issues are tied to each other.

Any one else expierence this? I dont even know where to begin troubleshooting. Before everyone suggest taking it to the dealer it is out of warrenty so I will have to pay out of pocket for it.

Car is a 2009 750Li

Thanks -Doug
    could be as stupid as a software update could be as major as replacing the screen unit

09 i bieleve is f01/f02 chassi so theres always new updates for the 09 model because its fairly new and they are probably still working bugs out on them ..
    Last edited by alpinaman; 10-17-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW 735 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinaman View Post
    gotta hook it up to a scanner and see whats going on

check engine light on ?

how many miles and whats been done to the car so far ..
    i hooked it up to a scanner and i got an "engine too rich at idle" code. ive changed the spark plugs, tank vent valve, cleaned the MAF and changed the air filter.

engine light is off and once i cleared the engine too rich at idle code it didnt come back again. that was about 10,000km ago.

how do i conduct a smoke test to check for leaks? maybe some air hose is leaking?

My Cars
    BMW 2004 745i
    Hi there,

I have a 04 745 I , with 149,000 miles, So my starters been acting up for the last 6 months, several times a month i would try to start and would get nothing (no cranking), just a single click sound that seemed to be comming from the glovebox. after several attemps of removing key she would fire up normally, so I assummed the starter was just getting stuck.
    A few weeks ago I get in the car after work crank her up she starts right up then dies after 3 seconds, crank her again she starts up and dies after a few seconds. I try a third time and now she just wont fire up (she cranks just wont turn over).

I Checked the fuel pressure at the injectors while cranking and its like 3.5 bar, if i stop cranking preasure drops and holds to like 2.89 bar, then I remove the key and like 30 seconds later the gage spikes to 3.5 bar then back down to 2.89

I can hear the fuel pump going when i try to crank, so I know its getting power.
    I put a new fuel filter on last week no change. Its driving me crazy

Power module?

crank sensor?

My Cars
    BMW 735 2002
    seems to me like its a battery problem...how old is ur battery? have you hooked it up to scanner? if its a starter problem there should be some error code.

My Cars
    BMW 2004 745i
    battery is original I believe, its never given me any low battery warnings before, and ive charged it several times in the past few weeks (due to trying to crank and no start), holds a charge well, right now its
    12.45 V

My Cars
    2002 E65 745i

Code Help

I have a 2002 745i with 60,000 miles on her.

I read the following codes from the hidden service menu:
    0A3BA 20 000 2EA9 7A
    1A3AA 20 037 31DC 96
    8E111 20 000 2E19 7B

I read the codes after the following occured:

While driving, I received a Transmission Fault on the I-Drive screen regarding limited gear selection.

Limped her home and shut her off. Received an Engine Fault message and Parking Brake Malfunction message when I shut the car off.

She sat for a week and a half due to my busy life, started her back up to check out the messages. Now there are no Transmission fault or parking brake malfunction messages. But I did get a message that said Emissions Fault.

I still have not driven the car since the original message, and after restarting a couple times in the driveway, all fault messages and check engine lights etc. have gone away. And the car appears to be telling me everything is fine.

Can anybody decode these codes for me? I know they are not the ODB-II codes, but I figured this was the place to ask about them.

Thanks for any help,
    Slowey

My Cars
    02 745i
    Help! 2002 745i, I have multiple light malfunctions. Left License, Left Rear turn, Left side mounted turn, Right [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]Backup[/COLOR][/COLOR], Right front turn, Right side turn, only the left high beam works, no headlights work. Tested with Bavtech fault code 9CA9. (Terminal 30A junction faulty) A15E: Error [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]light [COLOR=red !important]module[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. I have replaced and coded the [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]light [COLOR=red !important]control[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] module. Any idea what the problems could be? Help greatly appreciated. Anyone tell me more about [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red ! important]the [COLOR=red ! important]code[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]? Thanks

My Cars
    2002 x5 4.4 2004 325cic
    Stealer? Give me a break! A BMW tech spent two weeks in an intensive class learning about this very complicated model. Then, he spent countless hours working on this model back in 02 to 04, with software glitches and control unit failures due to software. Once 04 came around, the cars were the same, essentially, but the software had become stable. You bought the flagship of BMW. Perhaps you bought it used, or maybe new. Either way, it is an expensive, complicated car, and most BMW techs are honest or they would be fired. Just because the hourly rate is now way over 100 dollars an hour does not make them a stealer. you bought an expensive car, and it is complicared and expensive to repair. Stop bashing the very people most qualified to diagnose and repair it! As far as 1.5 times warranty labor, that is customary in the industry overall. The 745 has its issues, but is a wonderful driving automobile. Not cheap or easy. any ten year old car is going to have problems, and the dealership tech is the most familiar with the cars quirks. Transmissions have some known issues, but are very reliable and robust. Often have shift quality issues, but last a lot of miles. Sometimes as with any lockup converter trans, the converter clutch slips in and out, usually on this car at 40 to 45 mph in 6th under light throttle, but smack an aftermarket converter in it for 1200 bucks and go on. Fix the electrical connector before you run it low and damage it. I agee the oem converter price is high, but that is not the technician's fault. The hard downshifts can be expensive to fix, but they are typical and really not a big deal, can easily be ignored and continue to enjoy the car. Dead battery issues can take some time to pinpoint, but the dealership techs know what to look for. Sorry it is not often a quick fix.

My Cars
    2007 750li
    hi guys i just bought a 2007 750 li and the knock senors code is popn up does any one hav a salution is this a big job were are they located on my car please some one help me

My Cars
    2002 745li
    Hello all I've been reading threads to get some insight on what I'm dealing with but I'm also having some issues with my 02 745li. Everything was all good just a week ago lol then I tried to go to wrk one morning and no power at all out of nowhere. It was fine before that. Long story short I purchased a new battery and put it in and it worked again. This was Saturday morning. I replaced it bc I took it to get tested and the battery wouldn't hold a charge. So it was running again and I didn't drive it after bc i assumed that was the problem well it happened again Monday morning. It's like it doesn't want me to go to wrk lol. But in seriousness what could be causing this? Could it be the alternator? Or something draining the battery? And this sleep mode this car has is silly. I plan on getting a 09 750li in the next two yrs but for now I need a car to get me to wrk. I would like to keep this one bc I love it but if this continues like what I've read for some I'm gonna have to sell it and get something without a brain

- - - Updated - - -

Damn bro 09 750li giving problems??? That's the next car I wanted.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 745i
    Did u register the new battery?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

My Cars
    2008 750li
    hope someone can help... I have a 08 750li and the trans light comes on and says something along the lines of good luck dude hope you can drive in 3rd and 4th gear only.. then sometimes if i turn off the car then turn it back on everything is fine... whats going on? does this thing need a new trans or just a simple reprogramming.. sometimes there is a check engine light on when this happens then it goes off after awhile.... oh man this bites help me please

My Cars
    2004 745Li
    Quote Originally Posted by linetech View Post
    Stealer? Give me a break!

Say, that reminds me. I have a 2004 745i, at idle it oscilates between 800 & 1100 rpm. Every now & again, it'll drop further, maybe as low as 200 & the car feels like it wants to stall. I took it to the dealership & they told me the problem is caused by faulty communications between the alternator & the ECM.

That sounds odd to me. Why would the alternator want to communicate with the car?

Well I found this document on the net. Sure enough the alternator has plenty of reason to want to communicate with the car.

However, I can't find anyone on the internet that has experienced a similar problem. Surely I'm not the first.

I'd hate to pay the dealership to change the alternator, only to still have this problem. I wouldn't get my money back.

So I'm asking you guys here. Anyone have a similar problem that changing the alternator fixed?

My Cars
    E39 540i Msport, E28
    I have a 06 750i and am getting tire monitor unavailable, dsc traction control, abs, and parking brake malfunction. I scanned it and the only code I'm getting is (5EAD) left front wheel speed sensor harness failure and or (5F17) wheel speed sensor wrong type. This is the orginal speed sensor that been on the car and has worked fine up until yesterday. i replaced the sensor with a new one from BMW by the vin# and its giving me same error codes even after i clear them. if the car sits over nite it resets but comes back on within 15 min of driving the car. any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
    "It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not!"

My Cars
    730d MY2007
    Check wires from sensor to ABS module , if wires are ok and error come back after engine is hot your problem is in ABS module

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    bmw 735i 2003
    Hi, Bmw 735i year 2003 is it ok to use wynns oil treatment 400ml.
    Last edited by nektarios; 11-06-2013 at 09:45 AM.

My Cars
    BMW Serie 7 e65
    Hello masters,

I bought a 2002 735i and I have a problem

I have CD changer and works but the display goes offline does not recognize as

What can be happening?

Thanks for your help

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745i
    Anyone know what size the power steering pump bolts are particularly the one that connects from the back of pump and the one that connects closest to the bottom of the block In the front of the pump?

Hi all

I am from south africa. Have a 2004 E65 730D.

Have a fault on dim light. I have swopped the globes same fault. I have swopped ignitor and same fault. I have bougt a ballast from ebay but same fault.

Using bmwhat it says error 9cbc. Short circuit 1. Dont have a clue what to look at. Both sides angels work. Brights work on both sides.

Cannot get error cleared with inpa.

Any help will suffice as a new headlight unit is R20000 and a new ballast is R6000.

P.S light did work for a while about 2 minutes and then error was produced. Right side dim error.

Thanks

My Cars
    2007 BMW 750li
    2007 750li i have a triangle light and it says drive control in window??? and my blinkers dont go off after i turn. are these the same thing and whats the fix? thanks

My Cars
    2005 745i
    The car is a 2005 745i,

I replaced and checked all of the fuses, even the ones in the glove compartment.

The radio and all of its buttons work. The hazard button also works.

But the climate control buttons, temperature, fan speed, door lock/unlock etc., none of them work.

On the main display, I can get to the climate screen and select the different options but I am unable to adjust anything.

The temperature says 127 degrees...

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited by JakeSteel; 08-17-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast