Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: E65/66 Tech questions.

what would cause all the lights on the ac to light up but no air blowing out the vents??

My Cars
    2004 745LI
    Kyle- One quick question What sensor faults when the P0492 light comes on? I have changed my blower,both valves and light still comes BUT after i put on about 400+ miles. I'm wondering if I should change out my Oxygen sensors I'm performing a smoke test this weekend to check my hoses again

My Cars
    88 M3,94 840Ci, 06 M6

Low Transmission Fluid & Engine Oil Warning Message

Is there a low Transmission Fluid Warning Message/Lihgt if there is a lost of Fluid?

How can you tell if a leak is Engine Oil or Transmission Fluid. Ie Mechatronics(transmission computer/valvebody) seal and the trans. I have slow drip that matches the dipstip oil!
    Last edited by 840ways; 11-07-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    It's the Machine in Me!

unresponsive accelerator pedal after battery drain

I have an 02 745Li and I was getting the recharge battery message for about 2 weeks. Went out bought the battery. The day I was going to change the battery, I made the mistake of forgetting my key in the ignition for about 3 hours. Needless to say the battery died. I tried to jump start the car, when it started the idle was bouncing and when put in gear the car cut out. Got the battery replaced the next day and it is doing the same thing with the idle and it'll go into gear but the gas pedal is unresponsive. My questions are have you ever seen this before Kyle? And what are the possible problems. Thanks for your help!

My Cars
    E36 Arktissilber 328is /
    Kyle,

Can you tell me where the cigarette lighter fuse is in E65 750i?? All 4 of them not working, I suspect it's the fuse... And it's not in the trunk. Thanks!
    Last edited by bene36e39; 12-06-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    tech junkie
    DD: 2009 Spacegrau Metallic e60 550i ///M-Sport | Cruiser: 2008 Titansilber e65 750i | DE: 1996 Arktisilber e36 328is - not street-legal in TX thanks to some random mods
    Retired DD: 1998 Alpinweiß II e39 528i | Retired Grocery Getter: 1999 Metallic-blau e46 323i
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=4e474a2ab9

My Cars
    2006 bmw 750i

how to

just bought 750i 2006 , need to know how to set the garage door opener & phone thanks

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745Li
    Kyle,

I am Dean, I have a 2004 745li "driver airbag fault " is lit on the I drive...too,it to local Exotic car garage and had the system scanned- service tech said " there are 20 different error codes and the system needs to be reprogrammed by BMW. Any idea of the cost to reprogram?? Thanks. Dean

My Cars
    07 B7 , 91 E30 (m102)3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jon750i View Post
    just bought 750i 2006 , need to know how to set the garage door opener & phone thanks
    if im not mistaken should be quite easy basically u have your garage door open , go to where the motor and gears are for your door and theres a little button you press after pressing this button you have 15 sec to press and hold eighter 1 2 3 on your pad just hold it until your garage door closes

Quote Originally Posted by blackpearl745 View Post
    what would cause all the lights on the ac to light up but no air blowing out the vents??
    blower motor resistor
    Last edited by alpinaman; 01-17-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2004 745 Li
    TO FLY745LI

Did you ever get these issues fixed? I just had a drain and fill on transmission and now my car is behaving the same way when you shift? Please advise?

When I shift the car into park mode, I hear little knocking noises coming from the engine, when I shift into a gear and start moving, it goes away, Whats can this be? Also, when I shift through gears in D mode, it shifts fine but when I take my foot off the gas, in a certain gear, it starts to downshift and the rpm gage kinda goes up and down, What can this be?

Quote Originally Posted by fly745li View Post
    Hello Kyle, I have a 2004 745li with 66,000 miles on it. When I shift the car into park mode, I hear little knocking noises coming from the engine, when I shift into a gear and start moving, it goes away, Whats can this be? Also, when I shift through gears in D mode, it shifts fine but when I take my foot off the gas, in a certain gear, it starts to downshift and the rpm gage kinda goes up and down, What can this be? Also, I parked the car in my garage and I noticed a big leak on the floor, I took it to my mechanic and he said that the transmission pan needs to be replaced because there is a minor crack in it, My Question for this is if I replace the transmission pan and mechitronic sleeve, will the downshift in the transmission go away? I also heard that the transmission could be reprogrammed and could make the little downshift go away.. Thanks
    TO FLY745LI

Did you ever get these issues fixed? I just had a drain and fill on transmission and now my car is behaving the same way when you shift? Please advise?

When I shift the car into park mode, I hear little knocking noises coming from the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]engine[/COLOR][/COLOR], when I shift into a gear and start moving, it goes away, Whats can this be? Also, when I shift through gears in D mode, it shifts fine but when I take my foot off the gas, in a certain gear, it starts to downshift and the rpm gage kinda goes up and down, What can this be?
    Last edited by Catanzaro; 01-24-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    318ti

EGR and Throttle fault codes

Hi Kyle

I have been driving my friends 225K mile 2006 730LD SE which I am in the process of preparing for sale (he buggered off to Australia and left me with the 7 on the day he flew!), it has needed a few things to bring it to saleable condition (tyes, lower steering arm, discs and pads) , now this beast threw up a fault code at the weekend "emission limit exceeded" appeared briefly on the display along with a warning chime, it left an ECL on the dash.
    Having read the codes now it appears there are two problems. .1. P0401 EGR flow insufficient.......2. P2620 Throttle position output signal open circuit.

Now I think there is little I can do about the EGR flow apart from spend more money, unless you know different, maybe a cheap fix? Ok grabbing at straws here!

The throttle position output signal I am willing to have a poke at if I knew where the sensor was....is it on the pedal assembly or like more usually on the throttle body? And is there a procedure for testing it and the readings I should be getting at the terminals?

Basically I do not want to spend too much more on this beast as its eating its way into his sale money!

My Cars
    07 B7 , 91 E30 (m102)3.5
    first take care of egr .. must be some carbon build up .. if im not mistaken they have valves that can be replaced ... the tps is something i think you cant just "poke" at .. its more complicated than you think

My Cars
    07 B7 , 91 E30 (m102)3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmak View Post
    bimmer8604, thanks for helping us out.

I bought my '02 e65 with abs light and park brake failure light on. Rotors were really worn so i figured this was the problem . I replaced all rotors/pads/pad sensors. fault lights are still there. they stay solid. when i open my door and sit before putting the key in i already get the park brake failure on the dash. i dont think its the abs module because i don't get the dsc error but then again im not a tech
    did you end up fixing the park brake failure?
    if not its a common problem with the plastic gears inside the motor mechanism .. pop the trunk take the trunk floor mat out and infront of you toward the rear seats is a plastic black cover open three 7mm or 6mm not sure allens and you will see whats up .. odometer gears inc sells the "fix"

you WILL need a press and a table vise .. theres a youtube video on their website .. costs 180 - 200 versus 600-800 dollars

My Cars
    318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinaman View Post
    first take care of egr .. must be some carbon build up .. if im not mistaken they have valves that can be replaced ... the tps is something i think you cant just "poke" at .. its more complicated than you think
    The poke I was reffering to would be a measurement of the resistance and loads at the terminals, hopefully the sensor itself will be completely sealed!

My Cars
    07 B7 , 91 E30 (m102)3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by boxbrownie View Post
    The poke I was reffering to would be a measurement of the resistance and loads at the terminals, hopefully the sensor itself will be completely sealed!
    ohhhhhhhhhhh lol i knew thattt ..

My Cars
    318ti
    Of course you did.....

My Cars
    745i
    hey kyle how r you ?.........so it started yesterday, I started my car and in the middle of my claster it keeps flashing from -40F to +122F what does that mean please help

My Cars
    e24, e36, e38

Replacing engine in a 2004 745Li

Got a friend with an '04 745Li. Engine seized. Looking at buying it from him (cheap) and replacing the engine with a used.

Have four post lift and engine hoist. No special BMW tools except Peake readers. Have done a lot of work on e38's and e39's, and replaced engines in 2000-era Audi's and Subaru's.

Questions:
    -Used Bentley manuals before. Anything available either electronic or paper?
    -Any diagnostic equipment recommended?
    -Any special tools recommended?
    -Is this something I should be able to accomplish? Doing it as a hobby, so hours don't matter that much.

Any help or opinions (including that I must be crazy) are welcome.
    Thanks.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmpls View Post
    Got a friend with an '04 745Li. Engine seized. Looking at buying it from him (cheap) and replacing the engine with a used.

Have four post lift and engine hoist. No special BMW tools except Peake readers. Have done a lot of work on e38's and e39's, and replaced engines in 2000-era Audi's and Subaru's.

Questions:
    -Any special tools recommended?
    -Is this something I should be able to accomplish? Doing it as a hobby, so hours don't matter that much.

Any help or opinions (including that I must be crazy) are welcome.
    Thanks.
    You can pull the engine from up top if you have a friend and and a balance beam for your hoist. You'll obviously have to drop the tranmission and exhaust first, but the exhaust manifolds will clear with the steering shaft disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by boxbrownie View Post
    Hi Kyle

I have been driving my friends 225K mile 2006 730LD SE which I am in the process of preparing for sale (he buggered off to Australia and left me with the 7 on the day he flew!), it has needed a few things to bring it to saleable condition (tyes, lower steering arm, discs and pads) , now this beast threw up a fault code at the weekend "emission limit exceeded" appeared briefly on the display along with a warning chime, it left an ECL on the dash.
    Having read the codes now it appears there are two problems. .1. P0401 EGR flow insufficient.......2. P2620 Throttle position output signal open circuit.

Now I think there is little I can do about the EGR flow apart from spend more money, unless you know different, maybe a cheap fix? Ok grabbing at straws here!

The throttle position output signal I am willing to have a poke at if I knew where the sensor was....is it on the pedal assembly or like more usually on the throttle body? And is there a procedure for testing it and the readings I should be getting at the terminals?

Basically I do not want to spend too much more on this beast as its eating its way into his sale money!
    The throttle has two potentiometers built into it for position monitoring. I would check that A) the connector is connected/no wiring damage and B) theres is nothing caught in the throttle. The throttle motor sometimes fail on diesel models. Check for buildup in the EGR system including the cooler.
    Last edited by meangreen94z; 04-06-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2008 BMW 750Li
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmpls View Post
    1) Yes, BMW TIS is the only reliable service manual you should consider using.

2) Yes, BMW DIS-GT1 is the official tool for the E65-E66.

- You will also need SSS-ProgMan to code your modules, because everything on this series has to be coded to function properly, even struts and batteries.

You can install both on a dedicated laptop (I have them on a Lenovo T61), get a cable made specifically for BMWs and you will never set a foot on the dealer again.

My Cars
    2003 745i
    hello, Kyle

I have a service engine light on my 03 745i and I'm showing codes p3240 fuel/ air metering and auxilary emission controls is probably causing the engine light to come on and p2187&p2189 lean mixture in bank 1 &2, can you help me understand what i need to fix to pass inspection.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 750LI

Outside Temperature for '06 750LI Reads Its 40 Below Zero (IN ATLANTA!!!!!)

Thanks for being part of this forum, Kyle. I have an '06 750LI. Yesterday the thermostat (or sensor???) that reads the temperature outside of the car said it was 40 below zero (I live in Atlanta so if that was true, hell has officially frozen over) and the little yellow engine lit up. I checked the onboard stats for the car and it says everything is normal....any ideas on what this might be? Thermostat issue? Sensor or fuse issue? Thanks.

My Cars
    745i
    some how my temp wires got snaged and the wires was touching each other and thats where that bad reading and flashing temp came form,thanks guys for your help

My Cars
    2005 BMW 745i

Hey Kyle

Hey Kyle,

I would first like to thank you for all of your repsonse and valued info! Now down to aksing for a favor, I have a 2005 745i and have been having some problems start scare the crap our of me! I fist discovered a leak (I think of engine oil) and now I have a weird thing happening when i drive roughly 45 mins, the car seems to reset while I am driving. The nav screen and the cluster would just turn off, I would lose power steering and then 1-2 seconds later it would turn back on but it would either say transmission malfunction or I think DSC malfunction. I had someone tell me that it might be because there is a oil leak that is shooting oil into my alternator and causing a power spike or low? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you
    Darryl

My Cars
    2008 BMW 750Li

2008 BMW 750Li "Transmission Fault Code" and Starting Problems

I am about as frustrated as I can get about 2 issues (probably related) with my 2008 BMW 750Li. The first issue is that about once every 2-3 times I try and start my car... I get nothing... no response from the engine at all. My radio will turn on, AC, etc... but no response from my engine. I will wait 5-10 minutes and after repeated attempts, the car will finally respond and start.

The second issue is that after driving my car under normal conditions it will "sputter" and my dashboard lights up with "Transmission Fault Code... drive moderately). I have 71,000 miles on the car and it has been so frustrating. I fear taking it to the local BMW dealership becuase of the potential cost. Does anyone have any advice or experience in getting this resolved?

Thanks in advance, Bob O.

My Cars
    89-735iL/03-745Li
    is there anyway to make the car happy? i removed the rear self leveling pump in the spare tire compartment and installed a new air system. which is controlling the factory rear struts.. is there any way to trick the car to be happy and make it stop yelling at me saying leveling system on the dash? can the dealer make it stop? its slightly annoying

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast