Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to permanently disable dsc

My Cars
    z3 02' 3.0i coupe, 99M3
    DSC effects the Throttle as well as the Brakes. In my 2002 Z# it is a Two Stage DSC, first the triangle comes on then the Brake light
    Hold for about 10 seconds

My Cars
    E46 M3 SM,VW Golf R
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIZTEDBMW View Post
    Can you tell me what fuse. There is a few that are listed for abs and dsc.
    If you pull fuses you are going to kill the ABS. They are an integrated unit. There are 3 fuses that feed the power. Pulling any fuse will turn the ABS off. Either:

1. Push the DSC button each time or
    2. Disconnect the steering angle sensor, recognizing that you are PERMANENTLY disabling DSC.

Your choice. Chris
    Last edited by CP Louie; 01-07-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    #175 CM E46 M3
    Former Knee Dragger
    Real name= Chris P. Lewis
    Occupation= Green House Gas Creator, but I planted a GARDEN last year.
    "When you live inside a vacuum, nothing sucks"
    http://flickr.com/photos/8150451@N03...7602830737584/

My Cars
    01 325i
    thank you sir. Do you still have it on the race car

Also there is a sensor that is connected to the brake pedal and booster so when you press the brake pedal and gas at the same time it still cuts the power. Ex doing a burnout and pressing the brakes so you dont move. With the dsc all the way off it still does this. Any ideas how to deal with this.
    Last edited by TWIZTEDBMW; 01-07-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36 JP,E39it,e46,e30ix

Also there is a sensor that is connected to the brake pedal and booster so when you press the brake pedal and gas at the same time it still cuts the power. Ex doing a burnout and pressing the brakes so you dont move. With the dsc all the way off it still does this. Any ideas how to deal with this.
    DSC knows your on the brakes because of the brake pedal switch and the psi sensor on the brake line coming off the master cylinder.
    With DSC off completely,(i think you hold DSC for about 8 seconds) you can brake-torque the tires loose without DSC intervention.

My Cars
    01 325i
    I have tried it with dsc off and it still interferes.

My Cars
    E36 JP,E39it,e46,e30ix
    Sound like you need more power

OK, how do YOU shut off DSC???

My Cars
    01 325i
    hold the button for 10 sec till the two lights come on. while doin a burnout as soon as i touch the brakes it cuts power. I lightly taped them at the track and it just cut the power .

My Cars
    Wreck Miata,Dirty Thirty
    Regarding brake and gas at the same time: If I keep pressure on the brake pedal for 3-4 seconds while on the gas(like trying to put some heat into the pads) it'll cut engine power. This is with DSC off(accelerometer removed).

My Cars
    E46 M3 SM,VW Golf R

My system is an E46 M3. Yours may be different (as seems to be the case with the JP car).

I actually disabled DSC by breaking the LWS module. I did not mean to do it. I have all power to the ABS/DSC module. You need the brake light switch trigger to the DME (computer) and the ABS/DSC module. I doubt (although I don't know) that brake pressure is used to tell the 2 computers that you want the brakes applied. I had to create a inverse logic switch from a pressure transducer on the rear brake circuit to tell the DME that the car is in brake mode BECAUSE I do not have the stock pedal setup. I also have software to read the brake pedal status so that I can verify that I designed the correct circuit. You really can hose your car up if you don't know what you are doing. The more you dig, the more chance that you will mess something up. I would push the DSC button and move on. Back to work...
    #175 CM E46 M3
    Former Knee Dragger
    Real name= Chris P. Lewis
    Occupation= Green House Gas Creator, but I planted a GARDEN last year.
    "When you live inside a vacuum, nothing sucks"
    http://flickr.com/photos/8150451@N03...7602830737584/

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    Cutting power while you're on the brakes is not a DSC thing, it's an EML thing. I don't think there is any flexibility there.

Remember that dude who died because his gas pedal got stuck? This is why that doesn't happen in BMWs.
    No PMs. Email through forum please.

My Cars
    BMW M235iR / SpecE30
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cutting power while you're on the brakes is not a DSC thing, it's an EML thing. I don't think there is any flexibility there.

Remember that dude who died because his gas pedal got stuck? This is why that doesn't happen in BMWs.
    Yeah, Toyota is redesigning their ECU's to incorporate this feature.

Weird thing... I left-foot brake on most tracks and my Z4 3.0si Coupe does NOT cut power when I use the brake while on the gas (either tapping the pedal or transitioning off-gas / on-brake or vice versa at the same time). I drove my friend's Cayman S at Mid-Ohio and it would cut as soon as I touched the brake pedal. VERY annoying in that situation. It would be nice if it was deactivated with DSC/PSM/etc being turned off.
    -Anthony Magagnoli
    #80 BMW M235i Racing - Pirelli World Challenge TC - 2017 Rookie of the Year
    Rooster Hall Racing / FCP Euro
    '87 BMW SpecE30 #007 - 2012 NASA SpecE30 NATIONAL CHAMPION
    '08 BMW "130i" 6MT, '01 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5MT
    '88 Pontiac Fiero GT 5MT (my childhood dream car!)
    Send Your Teens to Street Survival

Drive Faster Now

My Cars
    BMW z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    It didn't on my car, I've run several races with it removed and with working ABS.
    How do you disconnect this from the steering angle sensor? I’ve looked it up online and can’t find any video or post on what to disconnect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12