RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Fan Delete WIERD instant overheating!

My Cars
    none

Fan Delete WIERD instant overheating!

ok as some of u know.. my fan blew up a few days back... anyway...

everything put back together but without a fan... and my car overheats realy damn quickly...

is this normal...

i did not realy do the "fan delete mod" cuz i dont have new sensors or anything...

i thought that my car should run fine or do i NEED the new temp sensor... my car overheats in around 5-10min..

also i have "low coolent levels" but my levels seem fine... how do i know if my radiator is damaged? im not leaking anything

My Cars
    '95 BMW M3-V8, '04 Ram D
    have you bled the system? Did you install the new lower temp thermostat? Did you install it correctly? The car should be "ok" without the lower temp aux fan switch, as long as the weather is cool. But you really need to have it in there.

My Cars
    none
    i have not bled the system.. or installed a lower temp thermo... whats the lowertemp thermostat do?

My Cars
    Volkl Gotama
    It turns the aux. fan on at a lower temp, thus preventing you from overheating in ten minutes.
    Check out www.understeer.com. He sells a kit, you can find out what you need to make your setup work.

...or you could buy a new fan.
    no

My Cars
    '95 BMW M3-V8, '04 Ram D
    ok, the thermostat doesn't turn the aux fan on sooner, the aux fan switch does. The lower temp thermostat open sooner, allowing the engine to theoretically run at a lower temp.

The reason, however why your car is overheating, is that you didn't bleed it. Do this....Turn the car on. Turn the heater and fan on full blast. Wait till the engine gets to operating temp (hot air blowing gauge in the middle.

Open the bleeder screw on the radiator, air should bubble out. raise the RPM to 1500 or so, the radiator should burb a bunch. when no more air comes out, close the bleeder screw. Check your fluid level, DO NOT OVERFILL. When the engine is cold, it should be at the "Kalt" mark, no more.

This should solve your problem, provided that you did everything else correctly

I usually open up the radiator cap before I turn on the engine - if you wait until the engine is up to operating temp, you're going to get a fountain of hot coolant. Remember, when the cooling system is hot, it's pressurized.

So, remove the radiator cap, start the engine, turn the heater up to its highest (hottest) setting. Let the engine idle while it comes up to temperature. Open the bleed valve until there are no more bubbles coming out, just coolant. Keep refilling the overflow tank, keeping the water level between the two lines. Squeeze the upper and lower radiator hoses to help remove any air bubbles. Gently raise the RPMs up to around 1500-2500. Do this until no more bubbles are coming out, both the radiator hoses are hot, and the radiator is hot. Then close the bleed screw, turn off the engine, top off the coolant, and replace the radiator cap.

Jim

My Cars
    none
    ok THANKS GUYZ!!!!

i bleed the radiator and it is runnen normal temps now.. ill do the rest off the fan delete later.. cuz i aint got no money now! lol

thanks again guyz..
    mad propz :p