Thread: water pipes

My Cars
    2000 bmw528i

Red face water pipes

first of all hi to all.does anyone have a diagram of under the intake manifold of a 2000 528i.as i have a leak from that area.think its from the heater return pipe is there anything else that can leak coolant from that area.and iam struggling where to buy it from is it plastic or metal.just dont want to buy this pipe if it is not that.as removing the intake manifold is a shite of a job.any pics or info would be great i have looked on here but cant seem to find any pics of under the intake.any help would be much apprecated.

My Cars
    '04 525i

My Cars
    E39 99 528iT
    This will give you a few clues.
    The end of plastic manifold tube 8 connects to the heater valve on the LH inner guard. The end of hose 11 is the return from the heater. Plastic manifold tube 6 goes into the back of the block/waterpump area. Tubes 6 & 8 are sealed with 2 O rings each part 7. Its a bit of a labyrinth of pipes and tubes between the expansion tank, the aux waterpump, the heater and the block etc.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...38&hg=11&fg=35

Hope this helps
    RonR
    99 528iT M52TU

My Cars
    2000 bmw528i
    thanks for the pic aussie528it that looks the same as mine.now i guess i have to remove manifold to get to the pipes under it.your a star thanks again.

My Cars
    '03 540i/6 M-tech
    Wait... this thread isn't about Bongs?

oh well.

2001 330Cic/A in the same color combo is "Her" ride.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    I recall CNN has posted descriptions & pictures of the coolant pipes & hoses under the inlet manifold, i.e. for cabin heater feed and return.

Perhaps a PM to him asking for some direction?

Regards
    RDL

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3/4/5
    I changed those pipes on my 530i... if you know how to remove the intake manifold, it's an easy 2 or 3 hour job.

My Cars
    E39 99 528iT
    I haven't done the job yet as I was hoping to be able to replace #8 without removing the manifold by working from below with the car on a hoist. I don't have any leaks but the pipe is showing signs of a colour change from black to brown. This is a sign that its becoming heat effected and could fail soon. Top radiator hose plastic parts showed the same colour change before cracking so I think its a good indicator of failure in the not too distant future.

RonR
    99 528iT M52TU

My Cars
    1997 540ia
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin517
    Wait... this thread isn't about Bongs?

oh well.
    Haaa, that's what I was thinking.

Sent from BF.com using my iPhone?