Thread: Need some help identifying DEPO headlights for wiring diagram.

My Cars
    09 Chevy 1500 4x4

Need some help identifying DEPO headlights for wiring diagram.

**Couldn't get any response in the Lighting section so I'm bringing this here.**

Bought some DEPO 55w HID's a while back and it seems that the wiring diagram for the connector on the back is missing. Could someone point me in the right direction? They were bought used and I have lost the user name of the person I bought them from.

DEPO 12v 55W H1 HID's w/Angel Eyes
    Looks to be part number 08-444-1110, searching doesn't turn it up anywhere though.

Hopefully one of you guys might know, I really don't wanna take them apart and trace wires for an hour. If it helps any, it seems that the ballasts are mounted on the inside of the headlight casing and have no markings on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arby1028 View Post
    Hey pal, I may have a needle d**k, but I've got an a** like a sewing machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Volf View Post
    I still can't believe you rode that bitch like a pony at a 6th grade birthday party and lived to tell about it...

My Cars
    1997 bmw 318is
    do you have any pictures of the headlight i might be know what's going on

My Cars
    09 Chevy 1500 4x4
    Here's the pics I took. Hopefully these help someone.

Note that these were taken with a cell phone. Love me new BB Tour.

I still can't believe you rode that bitch like a pony at a 6th grade birthday party and lived to tell about it...

My Cars
    1999 e36 328is
    bump. I also need this diagram.

My Cars
    09 Chevy 1500 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 325is View Post
    bump. I also need this diagram.
    I played with it a little and got it to work. What seems to be your problem? Wires loose on the outside or just can't figure out how the harness adapters go on?

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    Hey you guys. Ok i dont have one off hand but i'll try to help out as best as i can...

With the glass portion of the headlight facing your stomach (your leaning over it and looking down) the top metal contact is the low beam one. The bottom one is ground. The one on the right is for the Angel Eyes and the one on the left is the High Beam...

With the Stock wiring from DDM the Yellow is Low Beam, Brown is ground, Grey is Angel Eyes and the last one thats left is the High Beam. I forgot what color it is but ya.

I just read your post and I dont think that will help you but if thats what you needed then there you go...

As far as the wiring goes INSIDE the housing.. I have no idea bro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
    You ride in a Mercedes, You Drive a BMW

-Andy

My Cars
    1999 e36 328is
    just don't know which wire goes on which little prong thing. For some reason my lows work, but now my high beams and fogs do not, so I have a feeling the wiring is the problem.

My Cars
    97 318is 5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 325is View Post
    just don't know which wire goes on which little prong thing. For some reason my lows work, but now my high beams and fogs do not, so I have a feeling the wiring is the problem.
    work on one side at a time. put the stock bulbs on the side that you aren't working on. the typical wiring for DDMtuning's depo headlights (when looking at them from the back, correct-side up), is brown, gray, yellow, white in a clockwise pattern. the brown wire is either at 3 o'clock or 6 o'clock. brown is ground, gray is angel eye, yellow is low, white is high. trust me, this is correct information. i was on the phone with DDM for several hours last monday trying to get mine to work. my information is up-to-date and accurate. the guy that i talked to also said that you aren't going to hurt anything by testing out different plugs on different pins, so don't worry about plugging something in incorrectly.

Driving is a spectacular form of amnesia. Everything is to be discovered, everything to be obliterated.

My Cars
    1999 e36 328is
    Perfect! thank you for the info. I probably won't get around to this until this weekend since I need to finish up a few other things first, but I'll come back if something doesn't work.

My Cars
    09 Chevy 1500 4x4
    That's what I had to do. Took me a little while but now everything is working.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    This would make things easier i believe http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-325...ghts/ES251478/

My Cars
    97 318is 5spd
    ^^^ i believe they have those harnesses, it's just plugging them into the correct pins on the back of the headlight. either way, they've got it now.

Driving is a spectacular form of amnesia. Everything is to be discovered, everything to be obliterated.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    ah ok

My Cars
    1999 TiAg M3, 2003 E46M3
    The same thing happened to me with my lights; I had to fiddle with the connections a bunch to get it wired up properly.

IIRC I ended up using a continuity tester (beeps when the leads are touched together) to trace the pins in the socket to their destination inside the DEPO light housing.

As a side note, is this problem specific to DEPO lights, or all euro glass lights in general (ZKW's, DJ Auto's, etc.)?

1999 ///M3 TiAg | Heated Power Vaders | DDM Projector36 5000K 55W HIDs | DDM 3000K 35W HID Fogs
    DDM Smoked Corners | DDM Weighted Shift Knob | K&N CAI | Mishimoto AL Rad w/Zionsville AL Shroud
    Stewart HiPo Water Pump | Samco Hose Kit | 16" SPAL Puller Fan | Viper 5701LE Security
    E36 OBC is now open! Join the effort: BF.C Thread | openOBC Wiki

My Cars
    97 318is 5spd
    it's just the design of all the lights with the 4 pins on the back. there's no way to tell for sure which pin goes to what wire unless you wired them up yourself.