Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: My E39 Audio Upgrade Thread ( In progress )

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe

Exclamation My E39 Audio Upgrade Thread ( COMPLETED )

I have purchased the folloing:

2x Clarion SRG1320R Coaxial 5.25" Speakers 150W 4ohms
    2x JVC CS-V526 Coaxial 5.25" Speakers 190W 4ohms
    1x Fusion 400W 2" Subwoofer EN-SW12ES

Done So Far:

Installed Front and Rear Speakers, Customised rear of the car and mounted Subwoofer in boot

To Do:

Install AMP(s) Into boot of car,
    Wire Amps

Need Help With:

Now all i need is an amp ( or 2) to power the sub and speakers.

Can somebody tell me where i can find a wiring diagram for the speaker pins connected in the rear of the car, so i can install my LOC's.

I also need to know what channel to run my SUB from, as the cars only wired for 4 speakers and no sub channel?

Photos of Installation:

Rears:

Fronts:

Sub Installation:

Last edited by willymanilly; 01-02-2010 at 04:14 AM.

My Cars
    e36 M3 Supa'Charged \ 53
    like the free air sub, haven't seen that in a long time
    "Don't tell me your opinion, don't tell me what you think. Tell me what you know."
    ~Any Military Officer

If it was an American car we would call it un-reliable. Since it's German we call it maintenance dependant.

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by trimegatron View Post
    like the free air sub, haven't seen that in a long time
    Just hate the idea of having an ugly sub box in the boot when i could just pump the noise into the cabin straight.

My Cars
    E39 WIN!
    Looks good! I like the IB sub as well... was thinking about doing that myself, but ultimately decided I didn't want to cut the hole in the ski-pass, in case I want to sell the car down the road, etc...

I assume you have a non-DSP stereo? If so, this might be of help to you:

http://www.bmwtips.com/

For whatever reason, I couldn't link to the page I wanted directly, so go there, and click on "Tips & Tricks," and then scroll down to the "Stereo" section, and click on "non-DSP E39 speaker color codes." Might have what you are looking for there...
    2001 525i (Jet Black) | De-badged | White AngeliBright v3.0 (remote turn-on wired--INFO) | GromAudio Aux Input | DDM Blackout Grilles(PICS)
    Hoen Xenon-Match Fog Bulbs | White LED interior/trunk/plate lights | Chrome Gauge Rings | Chrome E-brake Handle | DDM Aluminum Pedals(REVIEW)
    M5 trunk spoiler | Smoked Side Markers | Black/White Emblems | 10" RF P3 Sub w/Custom Fiberglass Enclosure(WRITE-UP)

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyslims View Post
    Looks good! I like the IB sub as well... was thinking about doing that myself, but ultimately decided I didn't want to cut the hole in the ski-pass, in case I want to sell the car down the road, etc...

I assume you have a non-DSP stereo? If so, this might be of help to you:

http://www.bmwtips.com/

For whatever reason, I couldn't link to the page I wanted directly, so go there, and click on "Tips & Tricks," and then scroll down to the "Stereo" section, and click on "non-DSP E39 speaker color codes." Might have what you are looking for there...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, thats what i have been looking for, for a few days now!!

With that diagram what would i tap into for the subwoofer and if i just wanted to amplify the front door speakers?

Do i look at the 24 pin or the 12?
    Last edited by willymanilly; 12-27-2009 at 05:34 PM.

My Cars
    E39 WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by willymanilly View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, thats what i have been looking for, for a few days now!!

With that diagram what would i tap into for the subwoofer and if i just wanted to amplify the front door speakers?

Do i look at the 24 pin or the 12?

No problem, man--glad you found it useful.

For the sub, you want to tab into the rear woofer wires from the 26-pin connector(blue/black twisted with brown/orange, and yellow/black twisted with brown/orange). Not sure about the front speakers, but perhaps someone else around here might know.

Good luck with the rest of your build!
    2001 525i (Jet Black) | De-badged | White AngeliBright v3.0 (remote turn-on wired--INFO) | GromAudio Aux Input | DDM Blackout Grilles(PICS)
    Hoen Xenon-Match Fog Bulbs | White LED interior/trunk/plate lights | Chrome Gauge Rings | Chrome E-brake Handle | DDM Aluminum Pedals(REVIEW)
    M5 trunk spoiler | Smoked Side Markers | Black/White Emblems | 10" RF P3 Sub w/Custom Fiberglass Enclosure(WRITE-UP)

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyslims View Post
    No problem, man--glad you found it useful.

For the sub, you want to tab into the rear woofer wires from the 26-pin connector(blue/black twisted with brown/orange, and yellow/black twisted with brown/orange). Not sure about the front speakers, but perhaps someone else around here might know.

Good luck with the rest of your build!
    So use both rear woofer channels?

My Cars
    E39 WIN!
    Yes.

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe
    Does anybody know what cables i tap into for the front speakers, is it the 24 or the 12 and what cables?

Thanks

OK now i need to tap into remote for my E39, is that in the pinout?
    Last edited by willymanilly; 12-28-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe
    Wired in and pumping

My Cars
    McMerc
    Just a quick question, does the cone of the sub not hit the metall plate? I thought the excursion on a sub like that would have caused it not to function properly. Not trying to piss on your fire or anything, I ended up using a box install instead on my bro in laws E39 instead of using a free-to-air sub.

Nice clean install bruv ; )

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92 325i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sel The Don View Post
    Just a quick question, does the cone of the sub not hit the metall plate? I thought the excursion on a sub like that would have caused it not to function properly. Not trying to piss on your fire or anything, I ended up using a box install instead on my bro in laws E39 instead of using a free-to-air sub.

Nice clean install bruv ; )
    Yes as a matter of fact it does, i need to build a spacer between the back of the car and the sub, which ill make this weekend.

Yeh the free air sub works nicely, the bloody bmw's are soundproof so im not sure how good a sub mounted in a box would have worked in a car of this quality.

My Cars
    Bmw 540i 2002 5HP-24
    Im no expert but isn’t a lot of air blocked by that small hole?