Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked myself INSIDE my car!!!

My Cars
    03' 330xi auto
    Haha, sorry for laughing but that was a cute story.. Made me chuckle a bit. Glad you made it out okay. LOL @ jail cell

Quote Originally Posted by slvrXI View Post
    Whoa, slow down, first of all, you are the stupid one for leaving your lights on. Second of all, the locks in E46 are mechanical controlled by electronic actuators. You can always still unlock and lock your doors without "Electronics."

But Brool Story Co...
    Really? Because I know that when the alarm is engaged, you can pull on those inside handles from the inside all you want, but they won't help you get out of the car. Im assuming the alarm is disabled when the battery is dead, so he should have been able to get out, using the inside handles. Or not..

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Cry about it some more...

Cool Brory Sto....
    -///Mike ///Michael ///Mikey

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    I just tried and locking with the remote in the car you cant open the door unless you use the remote or push the unlock button in the center console twice or pushing it once allows you to then unlock the door just by pulling the handle inside of course. so that being said if the battery was dead I guess its possible. Then again I hear the beeping when I get out that lets me know the lights are on so i can't say that this would happen to me lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by softwarehawk View Post
    Does anyone know how the keyless ignition is meant to operate? The current system could be very dangerous if someone drove to an unsafe area, and then could not start the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwarden5 View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayzracer View Post
    The poors might get him...

My Cars
    2004 330i zhp s/c
    Quote Originally Posted by e46bro View Post
    Ok so today i actually locked myself inside my car.. heres how this went down.

I got off work, and walk to my car. press the unlock button on my keys and nothing happens.. so i figured my key was dead. i use the actual key in the door and it still will only unlock like halfway, which i thought was really strange. i jiggled the door and it was hard to open, but eventually did roughly. Excited that im finnaly in my car and not standing in the cold i put the key in the ignition and come to find that the battery was sooo dead that it wouldnt even unlock the doors. I go to leave the car and believe it or not, the door had relocked (or was still locked???) and i couldnt get out! pulling on the handle and pressing the button in the middle console did nothing because the stupid unlock system in e46's are completely controlled by electronics and dont function without power. TO MAKE THINGS WORSE MY CELL PHONE WAS DEAD!

Im in my car freezeng to death for about an hour (i live in canada... its
    -20 C ) untill some chick finnaly arrives in the parking lot. im banging on my windows yellig at her to come over.. and luckilly she had booster cables. Funny thing is she didnt know how to use them so i had to yell at her from inside the car and direct her how to boost a car hahaha. Thank god this actually worked and i was free from my jail cell. I think its probablly the most rediculous situation i have ever been in haha.

what would happen if i was in some deserted area ?? I would have to kick my own window out lol. pretty dumb.

Morale of the story: DONT LEAVE YOUR LIGHTS ON AND KILL YOUR BATTERY. YOU WILL BE TRAPPED!!
    and whoever said canadians were slow and humorless

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nK3y View Post
    Did you at least get the girl's number?

lol...

lol for real! It would have been a cool story to tell your kids! haha, was she good lookin? Damn bro, you failed! j/k!

You should do it again.

My Cars
    04 325 Ci, 93 NSX
    I lol'd. You're not stupid, it was just an unfortunate situation At least you can laugh about it now.

04 BMW 325Ci/ 03 Accord EX-L Navi/ 93 NSX/ 89 Prelude 2.0Si Turbo/79 Civic 1200. 5 modded cars
    Im a lady, NOT A DUDE

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillips0417 View Post
    lol for real! It would have been a cool story to tell your kids! haha, was she good lookin? Damn bro, you failed! j/k!

You should do it again.

yea lol that be a great ice breaker.
    Last edited by WHITEXi; 12-27-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Does anyone know how the keyless ignition is meant to operate? The current system could be very dangerous if someone drove to an unsafe area, and then could not start the car.
    What?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i

Cool Brory Sto....
    instead of being an ass, be helpful and explain to us "noobs" how one would manually get out off the car if the battery has drained 100%. because pressing on the button in the midle console and repeatedly pulling on the haddle did not workkkkk .
    Kiss french, wear Italian, DRIVE GERMAN.

Car domain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3830740

My Cars
    and bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by e46bro View Post
    instead of being an ass, be helpful and explain to us "noobs" how one would manually get out off the car if the battery has drained 100%. because pressing on the button in the midle console and repeatedly pulling on the haddle did not workkkkk .
    I'd love to hear slvrXI's explanation also. Being familiar with these cars, i can't think of a way out that wouldn't require ripping things apart or breaking something.
    GSXR750T- Stock Motor, Junkyard 16G, Corn Fed.

Lowest Boost, one and only 60-130 VBox run = 4.10

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k
    You guys are all noobs. It's nearly impossible to lock yourself in these cars... I can prove it in literature, but I'd rather no waste my recources... Lol kdz
    If the doors are locked via the remote, the console button and the interior handles do not work. Try it for yourself: Get inside, lock it with the remote, then try to get out without using the remote. If there's a way around this, please let the community know.

Better yet, lock your wife/GF in the car, that's always good for a chuckle.

Presumably, a failing GM5 or a dead battery can lead to the sequence of events that got the OP stuck in the car.

My Cars
    2008 335i coupe MT6

Cool Brory Sto....
    just another fanboy who thinks he knows it all................

2008 CPO 335i, MT6,Cobb AP, AFE CAI,ER/Tial Diverter pipe/BOV,BMW Performance flat bottom steering wheel,H&R Sway bars,Reiger trunk spoiler

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
    If the doors are locked via the remote, the console button and the interior handles do not work. Try it for yourself: Get inside, lock it with the remote, then try to get out without using the remote. If there's a way around this, please let the community know.

Presumably, a failing GM5 or a dead battery can lead to the sequence of events that got the OP stuck in the car.

If you lock the car with the remote you cant get out unless you push the button in the center console at least once, that un does the dead bolt feature and then allows you to open the door using the inside door handle and if you push it twice it unlocks it fully. I tried this earlier.
    What?

My Cars
    Too much crap
    I lold pretty hard.

Oh and and.
    Last edited by amd4me; 12-27-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally posted by pup "yeah. stick to pedophilia, racism, misogyny, homosexuality, the disabled and the poor"
    Originally posted by
    Aindriu "It is made to be a crusing machine. Top down, cruise control on at Autobahn speeds, bit of classy music and an attractive woman in the passenger seat with the IQ of a peanut."

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post

To Nathan...

The center lock button does work. It puts the car into Single Lock mode, where the handles are then used to unlock the door. I tried it with both the 01 and the 03 with factory alarm... The double lock feature makes it so that the doors can not be unlocked from pulling the inside handle, but if you put the car into single lock mode, (by hitting the switch) the handles are now able to unlock. Oh and I took the time to disconnect the battery and try... Guess what, you can't put the car into double lock mode no matter how hard you try. Key fob doesnt work, nor does central lock button when the battery is failing.

To OP...
    So Cool Story Bro, but your E46 is not as stupid as I think you might be.

To the rest of BFC...
    Its amatter of opinion, take it with a grain of salt, its the internet, lighten up people.
    Last edited by slvrXI; 12-27-2009 at 04:01 PM.

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    1998 328is
    I really want to know more about how the car was jumped. I would assume the trunk could not be opened as the keys were in the car and the inside release should not have worked. How did she know where to jump it under the hood? In the freezing cold.

My Cars
    Golf R & S10 ZR2
    Jebus! That sounds like a freagin nightmare. Yer lucky that girl was willing to help or you would've ended up having to break a window ($$$$)

Cool Story bro.
    Posts like this (and your other ones calling OP stupid) are what normally separate bf.c from e46fanatics . . . neither useful nor funny.

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by toyofixer View Post
    I really want to know more about how the car was jumped. I would assume the trunk could not be opened as the keys were in the car and the inside release should not have worked. How did she know where to jump it under the hood? In the freezing cold.
    Yeah.....how did the trunk open?

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    Im thinking they jumped the car from under the hood. I thought I have read that the hood wont open either if the car is locked.
    What?

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Lol this thread belongs in e46fanatics.

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    i was terrified the hood wouldnt open but appearently it isnt run by power (thank god) and opened fine. i had to explain to her where the positive post was in the engine bay. pretty intense lol.

ps thanks for the positive support guys!
    Kiss french, wear Italian, DRIVE GERMAN.

Car domain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3830740

My Cars
    2007 BMW 318i
    So i just did this too guys..

Had my keys on the kitchen table. was cleaning the car,,, the door shut behind me, and that was that.. was stuck there for an hour in the blistering heat. Surely there is a way to open the car from the inside? my battery wasnt dead, i just didnt have the keys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12