My Cars
    96 M3, 97 M3, 2008 MiniCooper S

New X5 diesel to be ordered

Getting ready to order a X5 diesel and looking at the options. I plan on towing my track car to DEs so the dealer installed hitch and spare tire look to be a go. Probably cold weather pkg, plus leather and Sirus radio. Seems like the Prem Pkg has a bunch of nice stuff but is costly. So thoughts on Prem Pkg -- worth it??

Other options I should consider??

thanks,

Ken
    96 M3, no sunroof, OBD1-M50 intake manifold, ASC delete, CAI by TMS, Shark, VAC oil pan baffle kit, VAC HD oil pump shaft, VAC oil filter top, JB light-flywheel, B&B cat back, AA headers,underdrive pulleys, TCKline Coil overs-Koni SA, JT Design front strut bar, HR springs & bars, TCKline camber plates, Power Flex throughout, X brace, B&M-ssk, 4pt roll bar, fiberglass hood & trunk, Recaro Driver and Corbeau pass. seats and Schroth 6pt, Zionsville alum rad. JT Design front splitter, Z3 power steering rack (2.8 turns), A/C delete, Racepak IQ3 Data Acquisition plus eng oil pres, eng oil temp, eng water temp, brake pressure, and throttle position, final drive - 3.64 LSD by Blanton.

My Cars
    After driving a new diesel X5 yesterday and looking at many X5s to get an idea of options, I ordered one today. Hopefully it will be here in Feb.

Ken
    96 M3, no sunroof, OBD1-M50 intake manifold, ASC delete, CAI by TMS, Shark, VAC oil pan baffle kit, VAC HD oil pump shaft, VAC oil filter top, JB light-flywheel, B&B cat back, AA headers,underdrive pulleys, TCKline Coil overs-Koni SA, JT Design front strut bar, HR springs & bars, TCKline camber plates, Power Flex throughout, X brace, B&M-ssk, 4pt roll bar, fiberglass hood & trunk, Recaro Driver and Corbeau pass. seats and Schroth 6pt, Zionsville alum rad. JT Design front splitter, Z3 power steering rack (2.8 turns), A/C delete, Racepak IQ3 Data Acquisition plus eng oil pres, eng oil temp, eng water temp, brake pressure, and throttle position, final drive - 3.64 LSD by Blanton.

My Cars
    1985 M6 euro
    I'm ordering one for my girlfriend today... Definitely getting the cold weather package, premium package, multi-contour seats, comfort key, rear climate, ipod/usb, premium sound...

The diesel is the future...

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurburger View Post
    I'm ordering one for my girlfriend today... Definitely getting the cold weather package, premium package, multi-contour seats, comfort key, rear climate, ipod/usb, premium sound...

The diesel is the future...
    sounds like she will have a nice one - a real nice one. I am sure they told you about the $4500 ECO rebate through BMW and if she has been a BMWCCA member for a year there is a $1000 reward check too.

I ordered, cold weather pkg, multi-contour seats, running boards, Sat radio, space saver spare, and hitch. The build date for mine is 10 Feb.

also got dealer to agee to let me have 1.5 hours of a master techs time to go over the X5 on a lift. Things like oil change, air filter changing, urea injection, cabin filters, WP, belts, TPM, brake pads, etc. Did this on my last car and it was really nice to see what the tech thinks and how they do some of the work. Actually the tech had fun too. He was surprised that an owner was interested in the car.

Good luck,

Ken

My Cars
    '00 M5 '02 325xit
    Cool beans... report back with fuel mileage when you get a chance.