Thread: Battery Size For 2006 325i

My Cars
    2006 325i

Battery Size For 2006 325i

I want to go to a Pep Boys or Auto Zone to get a replacement battery. I called the BMW dealership to get the battery size (group #), however they said that there are 3 different size batteries and couldn't tell me which specific size to get. They also quoted me a $219 replacement price from their stock.

Can someone please help me figure out what size battery to get?

My Cars
    2006 325i, 2007 Mini
    If it is a e90 Sedan it would more than likely be an H6 battery. I wouldn't recommend getting those terrible batteries from autozone or pep boys. There batteries are not made to BMW spec. If you do get an aftermarket, get an Interstate. Also you need to reprogram the car to accept the new battery. I have heard of some people getting around this but I would not. If you reregister the battery then it will continue to be charged properly without any faults.

My Cars
    06 BMW 330i, 89 F150
    I have a 2006 330i and I just had to have the battery replaced. I wanted to get one from an auto parts store and install it myself, but after getting good advice on this forum, I had it installed at the dealer. The car can detect when your battery is going bad and will change the way it charges the battery. It cannot detect when you put in a new battery, so it continues to act as if the battery is going bad. Unfortunately there is no user friendly way of registering your new battery. Only the dealer can do it. It cost me $350 to buy the battery and have it done.

My Cars
    BMW 328i

Problem Solved

These batteries are compatible with your bimmer.... The vendor I obtained this from is at http://shop.advanceautoparts.com

hope this helps!!

Autocraft Gold Battery, 600 CCA, Group Size 48H6

Part No. 48H6

Be the first to write a review

Warranty: 36 MO.FREE REPL 84 MO.PRORATED
    600 EN; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $155.99

Core Charge $12.00 ? What is a Core Charge?

A "Core Charge" is similar to the deposit you might pay for a can or bottle of soda. In many states, to promote recycling, you are charged a deposit when you purchase a can of soda and you receive your deposit back when you return the empty can. Many automotive parts have a Core Charge, or Core Price, that works the same way as a soda can deposit.
    Here's how the Core Charge works:

• The part you are purchasing contains a component that is recyclable

• The Core Charge deposit is charged at the time of purchase

• When the recyclable component from your old part is returned to us, the charge is refunded to you

To receive your Core Charge refund, you can do either of the following:

• Bring the part to any Advance Auto Parts store along with your receipt or packing slip

• Mail the part back to Advance Auto Parts following the directions including on your packing slip

Core Charges are often mandated by state legislature, and, as such, the actual core charge and taxes on the charge may vary depending on the state in which you buy your part. The Advance Auto Parts core charge presented to you online today with your item is representative of the most common core charge. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-ADVANCE or visit any Advance Auto Parts store.

Part No. 48H6

600 EN; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $155.99

A "Core Charge" is similar to the deposit you might pay for a can or bottle of soda. In many states, to promote recycling, you are charged a deposit when you purchase a can of soda and you receive your deposit back when you return the empty can. Many automotive parts have a Core Charge, or Core Price, that works the same way as a soda can deposit.

• When the recyclable component from your old part is returned to us, the charge is refunded to you

• Bring the part to any Advance Auto Parts store along with your receipt or packing slip

• Mail the part back to Advance Auto Parts following the directions including on your packing slip

Core Charges are often mandated by state legislature, and, as such, the actual core charge and taxes on the charge may vary depending on the state in which you buy your part. The Advance Auto Parts core charge presented to you online today with your item is representative of the most common core charge. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-ADVANCE or visit any Advance Auto Parts store.

Autocraft Gold Battery, 800 CCA, Group Size 49H8

Part No. 49H8

760 EN; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $134.99

Part No. 49H8

760 EN; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $134.99

Autocraft Silver Battery, 700 CCA, Group Size 91

Part No. 91-1

Warranty: 24 MO.FREE REPL 72 MO.PRORATED
    CCA: 700; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $93.99

Part No. 91-1

CCA: 700; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $93.99

Autocraft Silver Battery, 850 CCA, Group Size 93

Part No. 93-1

CCA: 850; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $93.99

Part No. 93-1

CCA: 850; OE Group 48; OE CCA Rating: 570; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle; Installation may take up to 30 minutes; Battery located in trunk
    $93.99

My Cars
    2004 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by rayceholt View Post
    The car can detect when your battery is going bad and will change the way it charges the battery.............. It cannot detect when you put in a new battery,
    No offense to the author intended....but does the above comment make any sense? Either the car can identify good and/or bad batteries....or it can't.

If it "knows" when your battery is "going bad".....how in hell can it NOT know when a NEW, GOOD, PERFECT IN EVERY WAY battery has been put in it's place??

i.e. The system is SO SMART it knows when your battery is dying.....but, SO DUMB it doesn't know when you put in a new one? Sorry, makes no sense.

So, either this isn't being explained correctly........OR, the technology isn't all it's cracked up to be! (Do you agree?)

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The intelligent battery sensor is for the alternator so when you register the battery the alternator charges at a specfic rate it is part of the negative cable. The car will let you know when the battery is worn out its when the engine will not turn over that's your warning system