Thread: e65 starting problem

My Cars
    e65, impreza GT, e39

e65 starting problem

Dear all,

The car has been in service now for allmost 4 months and we can not find the problem. The situation is next: After the car has been parked for over 4-5 hours it will not start. When You push the ignition on it shows different errors (example: transmission failsafe, dynamic drive error, servotronic failiure etc) and the starter won't start. The battery is brand new original, the preheating system is ok..

And only time it starts to make me andgry is when it's parked in a cold plase ( below 3 celsius ) for a bit longer..

Does anyone have any ideas? For the record, if somehow i manage to start the car then after 3min or so all the errors disappera and the car starts to work normally..

Help, someone?

Regards
    Peeter
    Last edited by beha; 12-21-2009 at 03:57 AM. Reason: car details

My Cars
    Black 2002 745Li, white 1997 740iL
    Did you register the battery? Have you tried swapping out the battery again? I battery that seemed decent most of the time, but ultimately it was weak and struggled to hold a charge, and gave precisely the same issues. I swapped out the battery, registered it, and now it doesn't hesitate a bit and no longer throws errors.

If you can predictably get this to happen, an easy test would be jump-starting the car (using the terminals in the engine compartment).
    Last edited by KeifR; 12-21-2009 at 11:16 AM.

My Cars
    e65, impreza GT, e39
    the battery was chenged and registered first thing. Nothing changed
    thanks anyhow. I am really thinking of buying another e65 for spare parts. No f***ing idea what is wrong with it. Maybe it needs a little attention like a spoiled brat

Thoughts, anyone?

My Cars
    Black 2002 745Li, white 1997 740iL
    Already tried jumping it yet (just to eliminate the argument that it may be a voltage issue)? Additionally, having someone actually pull the actual errors would help narrow it down to a simple voltage issue or other. The errors going away after a few minutes would help support that it is a voltage issue.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but just because a new battery was thrown in doesn't necessarily mean it was a good battery; jump starting it and still seeing the same errors would help put it to rest that it's not the battery.
    Last edited by KeifR; 12-22-2009 at 04:13 PM.

My Cars
    e65, impreza GT, e39
    all of the errors have been eliminated for a couple of times, they just keep reapperaring after trying to start the parked car..

at the moment i haven't yet tried to jump start, the immo has gone nuts and i have to fix that first. after it's done i will try jump starting.. but if that does not work i am looking for a car to buy for spare parts, it will be cheaper that way.. so if anyone has a 730d (160kw engine) with a nice price i am intrested..

i wil let you know, thanks at the moment.

My Cars
    e92 M3 DKG
    Have you resolve this problem? Im suffering same things right now and about to loose my temper with this 7-series.... Ive been investigated PT-can etc, but cant find results.
    Sometimes mine one starts sometimes not, DDE is offline for a while and comes back to life after 10minutes when key is on...

My Cars
    08 750i
    Wiring Harness? Look into that. Good Luck!

My Cars
    e92 M3 DKG
    Can-bus and other wiring harneses where fine, but DDE relay was cutting off and STUPID DDE couldnt tell me that as "Main relay error or +30 missing or similar". Rheingold (Ista-D) was telling me that can-bus signal was gone and nothing else.... Stupid bmw factory codes, there should be error code for +30 supply error, but theres not.

Change your relays from DDE box with 730d and your good to go again, if you got this similar problem!

My Cars
    2004 BMW 760Li
    I understand a common fault causing no start is the IVM. Given the other errors showing perhaps this is worth looking at.

My Cars
    e92 M3 DKG
    Yes, IVM was my first choice to take look at but these M57 diesels doesnt have it. Most of the petrol engines has it, but diesels doenst.

My Cars
    2002 E65 730d
    did you fix the probmel? i have the same issue, please let me know