Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Wheel Spacers

My Cars
    1994 525i

1995 525i

Would like to buy 19" x 8.5" wheels all the way around, would it fit without modifying fenders?

My Cars
    1983 533i

85 535i

Sorry, moved to appropriate thread.
    Last edited by 5pite; 03-09-2011 at 03:16 PM.

My Cars
    1997 328is
    I have a e36 328is Coupe and I plan to get new wheels, the wheels are 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 both off sets are 20. Will i need spacers to get those wheels flush?

My Cars
    2000, bmw 540i
    i recently bought a set of rims from a wheel shop out of town for my 00 e39. The guy at the shop told me that the wheels would fit my car but after he shipped them to me and i took them to my local rim shop they didnt fit because the center hup on the e39 is to big. when i called and told him he was sorry and sent me out the wheel spacer adapter. The problem with that is the adapter still was to small by about 1.5mm. so at that point they called around and found a machine shop that was willing to bore it out to 74mm exact. So just when i feel like problems are all solved i do some reading on here and go back and look at the spacer adapter they sent me and realize that it is 12mm witch is leaving me 3 mm short of the 15mm i need. Please can someone tell me what this means and what can i do to fix this. Thanks a lot.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i

Question Do I need spacers ? Or Will these work

I have a 2000 540i sport and looking a purchasing some XXR 526 18x9 (offset 25) and 18x10.5 (offset 20) need to no if they will fit or what would I have to do to get them to fit...

My Cars
    540wagondinanstage4
    Hi,

I have a full set of E9X Dinan wheel spacers. Sizes for all for are 10.5mm spacers. I only used them once. I bought different wheels and don't need them any more. Cost me $600 new. Will be happy to sell them for $450 plus shipping.

My Cars
    325i
    Good info

My Cars
    just your car.
    So, go with a 6 or 7mm (if they exist), use my 12mm or get something else all together? Sorry for all the questions but this is confusing to me.

My Cars
    victory12
    Quote Originally Posted by angeleus View Post
    Regarding the offsets on the wheels, how low is the offset? Coming off of a 1995 5 series, the offset should be around high teens to low 20's. The lowest I've see is 15mm and highest was 28mm off a 5'er. Anything lower than 17mm offset would severely poke on a E36 and you would need flares/widebody kit.

Regarding the rolling and running skinny stretched tires it won't affect your camber or wheel bearings until you start actually adjusting camber. lol As long as you don't excessively adjust your camber your bearings should be fine.

Let us know what the offsets are and we can help you more.

To stay on topic, I will most likely be buying some spacers after I measure the difference the "old school" way on my wheels after I get my lug stud kit.
    Well, just measured them up, and they are 10" wide and there is 5" of backspace. Therefore the offset is zero. They were off a 1995 e34 540i. The wheels came with the car when she bought it a few years ago, along with the stocks. The lady I bought them from said she was going to keep the car as a dd. So see said she didn't need two sets. Other than that, she didn't know anything about them. Saw them on Craigslist, and almost s*** my pants when she only wanted $350. Like I said ACS type III Racing with tires. The fronts don't really stick out but rub wheel wells, so smaller tires are the way to go. But when the are on the rear, They stick out from the fender about 3/4" and have about 3/4" height til contact with the fender. Looks pretty funky.
    So, what is the best thing to do?

My Cars
    99 bmw m3
    great info!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325i
    that whole bit about the 10mm spacers confused the crap out of me. i guess im just not comfortable with the big words and terminology.

it particulalry scares me, because i was just spacer shopping, decided i want 10mm spacers. i already did the measuring bit. I have 18x8.5 et40 with 235/40. im getting coilovers and was concerned about rubbing the springs. now i dont know what size to get.

any help? btw 03 325i non-sport

p.s. sorry for the resurrection!
    Last edited by ryansser; 08-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.

My Cars
    n54 535
    Great resource, thank you.

My Cars
    HELIX 05 cooper S, Z4
    I learned something.

My Cars
    2002 Mini Cooper S
    Can someone help me or know where I can get some 4 to 5 lug wheel adapters for my Mini?
    I really want to run C4 Corvette wheels but can't seem to find the adapters.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    I'm not entirely convinced about the bit on antiseize. Sounds like a cya recommendation. Could globbing on a whole bunch of anti-seize cause a problem? Maybe... although the wheels are then torqued on evenly so probably not even then. Will putting a thin film of anti-seize cause a problem. I'm not convinced. It doesn't on my vehicle and my spacers don't weld themselves to the rotors.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    2001 325i
    wow this whole wheelspacer thing is intimidating. but this is very helpful article. i will be reading this many times before changing rims sizes

My Cars
    2007 BMW E92
    ]Basically I am going to start work on my e92 from the new year and I am starting with the wheels....got a set of wheels but I would like them to stick out bit but without altering the arches or rubbing against them or be legal....could anyone please help us out mitz

My Cars
    e39
    There are so many on this tread that are buying wheels and asking about spacers. Spacers are a tool when things have gone wrong and it doesn't fit. So get the right offsets in the first place. Spacers should be the last resort if everything else fails. You get a stronger and better fit if you get your offset right the first time.

My Cars
    BMWs and Mini's
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppeli View Post
    There are so many on this tread that are buying wheels and asking about spacers. Spacers are a tool when things have gone wrong and it doesn't fit. So get the right offsets in the first place. Spacers should be the last resort if everything else fails. You get a stronger and better fit if you get your offset right the first time.
    Yes, and no. Some wheel manufacturers (BBS for example) do not make every offset to fit every car, and actually include spacers with their wheels for certain car models. So as long as you are using a good quality, hubcentric spacer there are no worries, mate.

Turner Motorsport
    / // Parts and Performance for BMWs
    16 South Hunt Road
    Amesbury, MA 01913
    800-280-6966
    info@turnermotorsport.com

spacers

hey i have 17" mille miglias with et38 that im putting on my 91' 318i ,the tires i have are 205/40/17... what size spacer would u recommend? ive heard 15 0r 20mm but dont know which ones i should go with. any info would be appreciated.

My Cars
    BMWs and Mini's
    Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw18 View Post
    hey i have 17" mille miglias with et38 that im putting on my 91' 318i ,the tires i have are 205/40/17... what size spacer would u recommend? ive heard 15 0r 20mm but dont know which ones i should go with. any info would be appreciated.
    All the info you could need is in post # 1 of this thread.

This should be very helpful for you to determine what size you need for your unique and particular set up:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...59&postcount=1

Turner Motorsport
    / // Parts and Performance for BMWs
    16 South Hunt Road
    Amesbury, MA 01913
    800-280-6966
    info@turnermotorsport.com

thank you

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe

http://www.turbochargerx.com/?sid=C16E4159

what can make you happy,The answer is here http://www.turbochargerx.com/?sid=C16E4159 many turbocharger As you choose,
    Quote Originally Posted by nickle555 View Post
    hey buddy i do have the same kind of issue regarding brembo caliper but then i straight away search via online and find the sloution through www.autopartsway.ca they really guide me well so you may try to catch them and get the right kind of technical support

My Cars
    BMW E39
    Wow! nice to know about the wheel spacers,its very informative stuff especially for me because it helps me in my professional work as an mechanic.Although everyone get familiar with it because some times it needs too on the travelling, so easy to fix the problem.I know well about it but it increase my knowledge about the wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12