Thread: Anyone using the Innovate WB from the group buy?

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS

Anyone using the Innovate WB from the group buy?

I am curious as to whether anyone here is using the innovate LM-1 WB unit from the recent group buy?

I am having some troubles with mine (supposedly it is getting too hot), but I checked it tonight against my "old school" Bosch LSM-11 based unit, and it was not even CLOSE, until it errored out again (which it does consistently after several minutes of use).

This is a pain for me, since I was hoping to use it as a second unit to double check/backup my other unit during testing and tuning of the twin-screw. I have been pretty confident in my other unit until now, but with them being so different, it is starting to scare me. At least I KNOW that my older unit reads correctly at stoich, and that when it was telling me I was running rich, it was clear from other indications that I WAS.

Any other results? Anyone check it vs. a dyno or other unit.

Steve
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    TurboVert, MCoupe, 335xi
    I'm running mine, but only went through the calibration mode. I'll let you know how it compares to the TEC3 monitors AFR when I get a chance. Hopefully I'll have better luck than you. Sorry to hear about the problems.

My Cars
    Blown....

Re: Anyone using the Innovate WB from the group buy?

I just got mine 2 days ago so I haven't tried installing it yet. I know there is a number of people with the same problem as yours, and from what I understand Innovate is replacing such units. Talk to Cort at Innovate, he should be able to help.

SL

Originally posted by stimpee
    I am curious as to whether anyone here is using the innovate LM-1 WB unit from the recent group buy?

I am having some troubles with mine (supposedly it is getting too hot), but I checked it tonight against my "old school" Bosch LSM-11 based unit, and it was not even CLOSE, until it errored out again (which it does consistently after several minutes of use).

This is a pain for me, since I was hoping to use it as a second unit to double check/backup my other unit during testing and tuning of the twin-screw. I have been pretty confident in my other unit until now, but with them being so different, it is starting to scare me. At least I KNOW that my older unit reads correctly at stoich, and that when it was telling me I was running rich, it was clear from other indications that I WAS.

Any other results? Anyone check it vs. a dyno or other unit.

Steve
    1996 318ti Active Garrett aspirated...
    1996 318ti Sport

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    As an update, I have been talking to Klaus at innovate about my problems. They got a bit worse this morning.

However they have responded by UPS Red shipping me a new unit and sensor, and a "send back" box for my old unit so they can check it out. COuldn't ask for better support than that.

I will keep everyone posted as we go forward. Hopefully I can get it sorted out, as it is a kick-ass unit and has amazing features and capability for the price, as well as what appears to be excellent support so far.

Anyone else?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    '97 E39
    which unit is that, site link?
    Originally posted by Beau
    the turbo is the perfect garbage can....

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    '97 E39
    ah yes, that's the one I was thinking of....let us know how the new unit's working when you get it?
    Originally posted by Beau
    the turbo is the perfect garbage can....