Thread: 1994 BMW 850csi 58K Miles

My Cars
    '98 540i & '98 dinan 540i

1994 BMW 850csi 58K Miles

just saw this while browsing eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-8...5fTrucks#v4-37

My Cars
    '94 850CSi, '08 RS4
    Looks like a very nice car. Does anyone actually believe it sold for near $50k?!? Is that a true market price? Maybe I should jack mine up some. With 25,000 less miles mine is a bargain at $28k!

My Cars
    e38

To Blk850

If your car is a clean example (no salvage, rebuilt, etc with records) then for sure you are underpriced. Try Greenwich Concours in June, I bet you could sell this car in the parking lot across the street from the show (thats a real show too) for atleast $35K. A little marketing material, some pictures of the CSI and articles and specs and you got it sold. I think you just need to reach more people with the sufficient means to match their interest (no offense to anyone here!).

My Cars
    2003 540I , 2000 Mcoupe
    And the same car is still available on sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-8...%3D5%26ps%3D63

My Cars
    '00 M5 '02 325xit
    I thought I seen e31 for sale for aroun 5-6k when I was shopping for a couple years back.

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Quote Originally Posted by jfboy View Post
    I thought I seen e31 for sale for aroun 5-6k when I was shopping for a couple years back.
    Not a CSi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    '00 M5 '02 325xit
    csi=hot investigators looking for killers

CSI = v12?

My Cars
    911 + E31
    csi=hot investigators looking for killers

CSI = v12?
    CSi = Rare S73 ///Motorsport 5.6L V12 engine

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    CSi = Rare S73 ///Motorsport 5.6L V12 engine
    And M tuned suspension etc....Nice little story on a Dakar one in England on one of the Discovery HD programs this morning....

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    '00 M5 '02 325xit
    so the v12 ones with manual transmission are always pricy?

My Cars
    911 + E31
    so the v12 ones with manual transmission are always pricy?
    Not always, but there are people who prefer the manual V12 over the auto. The early auto M70 is a 4-speeed, the later M73 is a 5-speed. All M60 + M62 E31 were auto 5-speed (aside from some very rare 6-speed manuals, only available in Europe). M73 + M62 E31's are steptronic autos.

The only 'real' factors in gauging the relative worth of an 8 is originality, desirable mods, excellent maintenance records and high quality work already done to the car. Many have been abused and buying cheap means dumping a huge amount of restoration $ into it. The 8 is very expensive to resurrect back from the dead. Pay more upfront for a good example to hedge your bets.

Rare iterations of the 8 will always be worth a significant amount of money. This includes the 850CSi, Alpina B12 5.0, Alpina B12 5.7, Dinan-8 Twin Turbo Stage I, II and III, Zeemax Widebody, ACS, Keonig TT 8, Hartge 8, etc... Most of these do not have manual transmissions.

Cheers
    Last edited by Koizumi; 01-18-2010 at 05:43 PM.