Thread: M Roadster/ Coupe Database

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Vehicles registered at M Registry as of 3/01/10:
    266 Roadsters
    178 Coupes

333 with links in the database:
    http://www.bmwmdata.com
    If you have recently registered or have recently made your VIN visible, please PM me, otherwise I'll never know. Also, some vehicles have dropped out of the registry, so you may get a bad link on the results page. I have no control over what goes on in the M Registry.

Thank you to those of you that PM'd their VIN and a link to the M Registry. It makes things much easier. Keep them coming.

Please consider making a donation via Paypal to:

wildag@dreamingwell.com

to compensate him for all the time and effort he has put into obtaining this data.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...92&postcount=1

Perhaps our generosity can persuade him to scrape the data for early S52 Roadsters VIN #'s LC85000-LC85999 so that the database can be complete.
    Last edited by akreis; 04-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Vehicles registered at M Registry as of 3/17/10:
    266 Roadsters
    180 Coupes

335 with links in the database:
    If you have recently registered or have recently made your VIN visible, please PM me, otherwise I'll never know. Also, some vehicles have dropped out of the registry, so you may get a bad link on the results page. I have no control over what goes on in the M Registry.

Thank you to those of you that PM'd their VIN and a link to the M Registry. It makes things much easier. Keep them coming.

wildag@dreamingwell.com

to compensate him for all the time and effort he has put into obtaining this data.

Perhaps our generosity can persuade him to scrape the data for early S52 Roadsters VIN #'s LC85000-LC85999 so that the database can be complete.
    "No matter what you make,
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Vehicles registered at M Registry as of 4/1/10:

267 Roadsters
    226 Visible VIN
    41 Invisible VIN

180 Coupes
    143 Visible VIN
    37 Invisble VIN

347 with links in the database:

wildag@dreamingwell.com

All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I've made some changes to the page. I've added a "Registered Vehicles" search instead of "All Vehicles". You can already do an all vehicles search with the custom query.

Does the page display correctly on everyone's computer? I'm using a Mac and it displays fine. Some Windows users have told me the "Submit" and "Reset" buttons were not visible. Please let me know of any problems so that I can correct them. Also, let me know if you have any suggestions or advice.

Please PM me if you've added your vehicle to the M Registry or made your VIN visible (or deleted your vehicle) so that I can make the appropriate changes to the database.

Thanks.

www.bmwmdata.com
    Last edited by akreis; 04-21-2010 at 06:17 AM.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Quote Originally Posted by akreis View Post
    I've made some changes to the page. I've added a "Registered Vehicles" search instead of "All Vehicles". You can already do an all vehicles search with the custom query.

Does the page display correctly on everyone's computer? I'm using a Mac and it displays fine. Some Windows users have told me the "Submit" and "Reset" buttons were not visible. Please let me know of any problems so that I can correct them. Also, let me know if you have any suggestions or advice.

Please PM me if you've added your vehicle to the M Registry or made your VIN visible (or deleted your vehicle) so that I can make the appropriate changes to the database.

Thanks.

www.georgekaplan.net/BMW.html
    Looks much better now that the buttons are completely visible. Using Firefox on XP at work it's perfect. Thanks for your continued work on this. I love having access to the database online!
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    No problem. I've learned a lot from creating the database. I would like to do the same thing for all M models.

I'm thinking of adding a new query instead of "Special Vehicles" because you can already search for special vehicles with the custom query. Any suggestions?

Should this thread be a sticky?
    Last edited by akreis; 04-07-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    No problem. I've learned a lot from creating the database. I would like to do the same thing for all M models.

I'm thinking of adding a new query instead of "Special Vehicles" because you can already search for special vehicles with the custom query. Any suggestions?
    Could you add model year?

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I'll try.

Each parameter adds 2^n conditional statements. That would mean 32 if I add the year (5th parameter). I'm not a programmer. I'm sure there is an easier way that I don't know about. Again, I'll try.

Thanks for the input.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    '06 Z4M Roadster
    I'll try.

Each parameter adds 2^n conditional statements. That would mean 32 if I add the year (5th parameter). I'm not a programmer. I'm sure there is an easier way that I don't know about. Again, I'll try.

Thanks for the input.
    Whhaaaa?? Please post the resulting SQL statement for this 2^n parameters. I'm curious...

DreamingWell.com Web Services

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by wildag View Post
    Whhaaaa?? Please post the resulting SQL statement for this 2^n parameters. I'm curious...
    It's PHP. I'll email it to you. Don't laugh at my code. I just learned enough of this stuff to create the page.

Thanks.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster

New URL!

I am moving the database to:

www.bmwmdata.com

I am going to attempt to create online databases for the other BMW M cars. There will be a link to E36 Roadsters and E36 Coupes on the main menu. These are the only active links at this time. I will add active links to the other vehicles in time. Please be patient. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

The old www.georgekaplan.net/BMW.html will remain active for one week. Please change your bookmarks.

Thanks.
    Last edited by akreis; 04-13-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    One mild comment that I hope is taken well: the links to the cars need to be links. I just sat staring at the page for 5 minutes trying to figure out what to do. Then I started rolling over all the car names to no avail. Make active items like bright red and underlined so it punches me in the face (sarcasm, but the bold is way too subtle in Firefox at least).

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Sorry about that. I quickly made up a the home page in order to get it online. I've "greyed out" the non active links for the time being.

Thanks for the input!
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster

New URL complete!

www.bmwmdata.com

Change your bookmarks. The old URL no longer works.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster

Search by Year Added!

You can now do a Custom Query with Year!

In order to add this feature, I split the database into E36 M Coupes and E36 M Roadsters.

Let me know what you think. I can restore it back if need be.

www.bmwmdata.com
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    You can now do a Custom Query with Year!

In order to add this feature, I split the database into E36 M Coupes and E36 M Roadsters.

Let me know what you think. I can restore it back if need be.

www.bmwmdata.com
    That's fantastic! Thanks for adding that, it works great! I think it works well to have the Roadys and Coupes seperate. If you want data from both, it's easy to do two searches. Thanks again for creating a great resource and continually improving it.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    The database now includes E85 and E86 data!

Try it at:

www.bmwmdata.com

Let me know if there are any problems or suggestions.

Also, PM me if you add your vehicle to the M Registry. I will make a link in the database.
    Last edited by akreis; 05-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    What sort of bribery would it take to do a scrape for the non-M Coupes? Or at least the US spec ones?

/.randy

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Talk to wildag. I'm just using his data to create a MYSQL database with a web front end.

I would love to get the early M Roadsters LC85000-LC85999 to complete the E36/7 database. I do not have access to bmwtis.com, nor do I understand the PHP involved in his scraping scripts.

I have received a ton of positive comments. In time, I'm going to try and complete databases for all the M vehicles.

Thanks for the input.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    '07 M Z4 Roadster
    Would be so nice if euro M's could be added to this database...

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed^ View Post
    Would be so nice if euro M's could be added to this database...
    Sorry. bmwtis.com only has North American data from what I understand. I would be happy to add euro vehicles if someone could get the data.

Thanks.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    '07 M Z4 Roadster
    Sorry. bmwtis.com only has North American data from what I understand. I would be happy to add euro vehicles if someone could get the data.

Thanks.
    You sure? I recall wildag once said he could do it for euro cars too, but it costs him money and time to access the site. Would be a shame if it's somehow not possible at all.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    It would not surprise me if they had north American models only, as bmwtis.com is run by BMWNA. I can't tell you for sure, since I don't have a Hasbro computer they require for access.

/.randy

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed^ View Post
    You sure? I recall wildag once said he could do it for euro cars too, but it costs him money and time to access the site. Would be a shame if it's somehow not possible at all.
    You would have to ask wildag to clarify. As far as donations:

Paypal to wildag@dreamingwell.com

He has paid to get this data. I think this is a great resource, and judging by the web server traffic, I think a lot of you feel the same.

Thanks.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Vehicles registered at M Registry as of 6/3/10:

278 Roadsters
    235 Visible VIN
    43 Invisible VIN

185 Coupes
    145 Visible VIN
    40 Invisble VIN

383 with links in the database:

wildag@dreamingwell.com

Last edited by akreis; 06-03-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    All that you can take
    Is what you give away."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast