Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: M Roadster/ Coupe Database

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster

M Roadster/ Coupe Database

I have posted 2 downloadable databases at

http://www.bmwmdata.com

Choose: Data

One was created using Access 2007. The other is an SQL script that will build and populate tables for MySQL. Both are based upon the data from wildag scraping scripts. I'm trying to create a web based database which will give all the details (including pictures) for a vehicle when the VIN is input. Ultimately, I would like to incorporate current mileage, owner info, etc...

However, I am still learning PHP/MySQL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by akreis; 04-20-2010 at 02:43 PM.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by akreis View Post
    I'm trying to create a web based database which will give all the details (including pictures) for a vehicle when the VIN is input. Ultimately, I would like to incorporate current mileage, owner info, etc...
    That would rock!
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Here is some SQL to use on the MySQL database to:

Select All Vehicles
    SELECT tblVehicles.VIN, tblVehicles.ShortVIN, tblVehicles.ProductionDate, tblVehicles.Series, tblVehicles.ESeries, tblVehicles.BodyType, tblPaint.EnglishColor AS Paint_EnglishColor, tblInterior.EnglishColor AS Interior_EnglishColor
    FROM tblPaint INNER JOIN (tblInterior INNER JOIN tblVehicles ON tblInterior.InteriorCode = tblVehicles.InteriorCode) ON tblPaint.PaintCode = tblVehicles.PaintCode
    ORDER BY tblVehicles.ProductionDate;

Select S52 Roadsters
    SELECT tblVehicles.VIN, tblVehicles.ShortVIN, tblVehicles.ProductionDate, tblVehicles.Series, tblVehicles.ESeries, tblVehicles.BodyType, tblPaint.EnglishColor AS Paint_EnglishColor, tblInterior.EnglishColor AS Interior_EnglishColor
    FROM tblPaint INNER JOIN (tblInterior INNER JOIN tblVehicles ON tblInterior.InteriorCode = tblVehicles.InteriorCode) ON tblPaint.PaintCode = tblVehicles.PaintCode
    WHERE (((tblVehicles.ShortVIN) Like "LC%") AND (tblVehicles.BodyType = "Roadster"))

Select S52 Coupes
    WHERE (((tblVehicles.ShortVIN) Like "LC%") AND (tblVehicles.BodyType = "Coupe"))

Select S54 Roadsters
    WHERE (((tblVehicles.ShortVIN) Like "LJ%"))

Select S54 Coupes
    WHERE (((tblVehicles.ShortVIN) Like "LK%"))

Select Special Vehicles
    WHERE (((tblVehicles.PaintCode) = 490) OR (tblVehicles.InteriorCode = "490"))

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    nerd.
    Let me get this straight. You have 6,245 posts on an online bulletin board...

Anyway, just trying to help.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    Please make it non-nerd friendly
    2000 Z3 MCoupe, '01 LSB E46 M3, '99 GTI VR6, '06 Audi A4, Andrew '95 Avus M3

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by MCoupeVet View Post
    Please make it non-nerd friendly
    I'll try. I'm actually not very computer savvy. I just happen to be taking a class in database management. Again, any help would be appreciated. I think it would be a great tool for the forum members.

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(

your point being..?

997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandS62 View Post
    your point being..?

Just a nerd trying to help the community.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse

I don't think Scott was trying to be a d!ck. I think he was just messing around...

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    e36/7/8's
    Why all the hating? It's a neat, albeit ambitious, project. If he succeeds we all benefit, if it doesn't work out, what's the harm?

OP - GL with that, and don't let the hating nor the challenges of your project get you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    Don't fret, love, you're still at the top of the weirdo list and I <3 you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
    I need to say something to get into einzlr's signature.

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    i'm pretty sure that i don't understand any of this.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3Couper View Post
    I don't think Scott was trying to be a d!ck. I think he was just messing around...
    I know. No problem.

Anyway, back to the topic of a M Roadster/ Coupe Database.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Anyway, back to the topic of a M Roadster/ Coupe Database.
    Oh, right.

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    What program(s) do I need to have installed to use this? BTW thanks for doing it!
    Kelvin

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    What program(s) do I need to have installed to use this? BTW thanks for doing it!
    These are two databases that I have created using wildag data.

Just clicking on either one of them will not do anything. You must first download them onto your computer. Then, if you have one of the programs installed, you can use the database.

The first (Z3M Database_Shared.accdb) is a Microsoft Access 2007 database, therefore, you need Microsoft Access 2007. Right click on the link and save it to your computer. Be sure to add the .accdb extension. Then, if you have Microsoft Access 2007, you can open it up and use it.

The second (z3m_mysql.sql) is a SQL script that you can run to create the tables and populate them with data. I'm using MySQL which is a free progam that you can download from www.mysql.com.

Eventually, I would like to make the database available to everyone through a web page. The web page would accept input from you, give it to MySQL running on the web server, and return a result back to you in a web page. This allows for one central database accessible to everyone through the web, without any additional programs installed on their computers.

However, one must know web scripting languages (PHP, Perl,Java, etc.) in order to make the data on the server available to clients on the web.

I'm in the process of learning this scripting language (PHP). I just made these available so that all can use, and some can help make it better. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by akreis; 12-07-2009 at 07:16 PM.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    dude - put it all in excel or something that everyone has. Great idea - only if we can use it.
    2000 Z3 MCoupe, '01 LSB E46 M3, '99 GTI VR6, '06 Audi A4, Andrew '95 Avus M3

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    I agree with MCoupeVet, create it in Excel, you will have alot of options with that. One thing that is of concern to me is who will have access to this information. When I had my Cobra, we had an owners directory that was only available to the owners, so our private info was not released to the public.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    If you want it in your spreadsheet program, just download the original file. I applaud the OPs idea and enthusiasm (though I agree on the privacy issues). Alas. my knowledge is limited to the muttering and cussing necessary to get MySQL and MythTV talking.

/.randy

My Cars
    01 E36/8
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandS62 View Post
    your point being..?

http://www.georgekaplan.net/BMW.html

One was created using Access 2007. The other is an SQL script that will build and populate tables for MySQL. Both are based upon the data from wildag scraping scripts. I'm trying to create a web based database which will give all the details (including pictures) for a vehicle when the VIN is input. Ultimately, I would like to incorporate current mileage, owner info, etc...

Your efforts are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3Couper View Post
    +1

http://www.georgekaplan.net/BMW.html

Ever looked at www.lynda.com?
    Last edited by 01MCoupe; 12-07-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    01 M S54 Estoril Coupe (Fun)16 Mini Clubman S(Daily)03 325i (Wifes Car)Your never further away from oblivion than a distracted soccer mom in a SUV.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by MCoupeVet View Post
    dude - put it all in excel or something that everyone has. Great idea - only if we can use it.
    Done. Excel file is third one listed.

My Cars
    '06 Z4M Roadster
    Here's a link to the original thread, which includes a link to a CSV file that can be used directly in Excel.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1310936

If anyone really cares to have the original MySQL dump, I could set that up somewhere. Its as raw as you'll get.

DreamingWell.com Web Services

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by wildag View Post
    Here's a link to the original thread, which includes a link to a CSV file that can be used directly in Excel.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1310936

If anyone really cares to have the original MySQL dump, I could set that up somewhere. Its as raw as you'll get.
    I'll put the original MySQL dump up with the others if you get it to me. PM me.

CSV file now fourth one listed.
    Last edited by akreis; 12-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Hahaha, sorry OP, i was, in fact, messing around. Thanks everyone else for knowing me too well. OP, I've got a masters in Computer Engineering...I was lovingly calling you a nerd...or am I a nerd for understanding what you posted? damn it....

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Hahaha, sorry OP, i was, in fact, messing around. Thanks everyone else for knowing me too well. OP, I've got a masters in Computer Engineering...I was lovingly calling you a nerd...or am I a nerd for understanding what you posted? damn it....
    No problem. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast