Thread: looking to buy this car Please help

My Cars
    91BMW525I98Saab900se

looking to buy this car Please help

Just wondering if u guys could help me out looking at this car and was wondering if this is a good deal or not and if u could tell me the good and bad's about this car if any thanks http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...acktype=usedcc

Please help Thanks
    Last edited by swill424242; 12-04-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 530i
    Looks like a decent price. Do the car fax thing for sure. Probably take it to an indy , maybe Gumbi to look at it. If it is 100K miles and had nothing done to it and you don't fix it yourself your looking at $5K to bring it all back to shape. Doing your own work it is probably closer to $2K. Maintaining a BMW at a dealer cost $5K/100K miles w/o serious problems, e.g. MAINTENANCE. Blow up a trans, motor and the price goes to the moon.

My Cars
    2009 C350
    It looks ok, but looking at pictures is not going to tell you much. First things I notice is that it's a pretty basic 528, no sport package, auto, no dsp, no premium package. For that price with those no options, I would expect the car to have had almost all the maintenance done (full suspension, cooling system, maybe vanos). If it has no records, I would look for one that has the records and the very least the sport package. Even if it does have a few more miles, it's much better to get a well maintained car with desirable options than settling for something like that.

My Cars
    2003 530iA
    Does not look too bad, but you might have to go and check the car personally. Maybe even get a mechanic who knows BMW's (I think you know something about these cars too).
    Also, a 2001 model would be a 530, with some improvements - some better oomph, and facelift. Also nicer wheels. All these will add to your budget when you will want to improve the looks (and I see your e34 looks really good).
    If you find a later M sport model, you will get the facelift with the M bumpers AND the sport suspension.
    As mentioned, always check for maintenance.
    Looking for a DIY? Parts? Check this out, it might be your ticket

Stable: e92is, e53 N62, e46M54B25, Tribby & e39 M54B30 R.I.P.

My Cars
    X3,528i,
    sounds pretty good deal with that mileage which is low for a almost 10 year old car.
    if there is no major problems,and carfax comes out ok, i would go for it.
    it does not have sport package but not sure if its got premium package.
    Last edited by ganzibye; 12-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    2000 BMW 528i / Manual Tranny / Sport & Premium package / Xenon headlight / Sport seats / Premium sound / DSC /
    2011 BMW X3

My Cars
    01 540i
    Let me tell you something about this car:

On 8/11/05 it was involved in a rear collision that disabled the vehicle & required towing. This definitely will affect resale in the future. Get a PPI and pull up the service records. If everything checks out ok and you plan on keeping it, then you just might have one heck of a deal here.

My Cars
    2001 540i
    http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

Considering that the cars trade in value in EXCELLENT condition is $4,750 you are already loosing money! Not to mention the trade in value when your ready to get rid of it. I had 140k on my 99 528 put lots of money into it and the dealership gave me 1500! But like Vipsa said it's a plain 528 it has nothing with it so your probably going to put money into the car to make it look how you want it to look. I just had this car and its great for my first bmw but if there's engine problems RUN AWAY!!! its not worth the money. Oh and if your looking for speed this will definitely not meet your standards.