Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Red Monster MS1

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by thesixerkid View Post
    Dan/Brody can you show where the Meth is being injected?

I have a modified TCD set-up on my car but not sure the best place is for the nozzle:
    In the charge tube right before the throttle body.

My Cars
    lots
    Brody, how does that work with injecting meth after the MAF? Doesn't that screw with the IAT readings?
    '95 M3
    '90 325is
    '90 535i
    '89 635csi
    '87 635csi

http://myautodesign.wordpress.com/

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    Here is a pic of where its installed on my car:

As far as intake temps, no this is not a problem, as the IAT is in the MAF and it is always adapting for ambient temps, so if its hotter out side it pulls some timing, if its cooler it adds timing. Doesn't matter so much whats going on in the manifold, it more about how you tune the car in the setup stages. if the water cools the air a certain amount at 10 degrees, it will still keep a relitive cooling ratio at higher temps.

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    So I took a drive down to seattle again, only difference is that this time I had an extra 80 WHP! So I was driving this thing and runs from 60-130MPH is Amazing. If you start at about 3K rpm and run to 4500 RPM and then shift into 5th and run it up to 130ish, its amazing, the pull is so smooth and hard! Its accually scarry how nice the car is to drive, its all around nice. I am a firm believer in building cars that not only accelerate fast but also feel the part. BMW cars were meant to be the ultimate driving machine, and all of those companies out there that are modifying these BMW`s are just trying to bring us an even more ultimate driving machine! If I could give anyone who is looking do build their car into somthing like what we have done here, I really suggest you give us a call and we will help you in any way we can to give you sound advice as to what will help you meet your goals in a affordable and effective way.
    www.millerperformancecars.com

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    Unicycle
    On the first page of this thread Dan posted that I had come up with a better name than "red monster" for his car. Optimus Prime. Then today, I was just admiring something and noticed MEGATRON!

I thought this was quite funny, and rather appropriate. Looks like BMW knew what they were doing.

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)

Badge Updated!

So I have updated the badge on the car to match its new HP, the car is truly a Miller stage 2, hence the MS2. We have re-tuned the car with a new experimental MAF Sensor, and it is working great! The cars power delivery is so smooth now that it doesn't feel as fast as it is. But with all our street cars, this is our goal: Smooth factory like power and drivabilty.

And here is the latest dyno graph, as you can see it really is smooth power.

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    E30 m30 turbo
    400hp is great daily driver goal. Congrats!

So you're not going for the 500 ?

My Cars
    BMW 325is Turbocharged - Jeep Cherokee 4.6L Stroke
    At first (looking the tittle) I thought it was something with the MS I, I mean with MegaSquirt I and MS II as well....lol

Stunning job guys, your kit looks lovely and the response of the whole engine/output power must be hella fun to drive looking at the dynographs
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    Not for this engine, internally it can sustain that kind of power, I will eventually build a fully built motor for my car, but for now this is very good!

Quote Originally Posted by diegom6 View Post
    At first (looking the tittle) I thought it was something with the MS I, I mean with MegaSquirt I and MS II as well....lol

Stunning job guys, your kit looks lovely and the response of the whole engine/output power must be hella fun to drive looking at the dynographs
    Thanks MAN!
    Last edited by Dan Miller; 12-22-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    E36 M3 TURBO COMING
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Miller View Post
    Here is a pic of where its installed on my car:

As far as intake temps, no this is not a problem, as the IAT is in the MAF and it is always adapting for ambient temps, so if its hotter out side it pulls some timing, if its cooler it adds timing. Doesn't matter so much whats going on in the manifold, it more about how you tune the car in the setup stages. if the water cools the air a certain amount at 10 degrees, it will still keep a relitive cooling ratio at higher temps.

Where is the intake temp sensor mounted at on your M30's? The only way that the meth kit is going to affect readable intake temp drops is if your put the nozzle upstream of the temp sensor. This is what i have noticed with LS1 cars due to the temp sensor being in the maf. But it isnt that hard to mount an external temp sensor on a ls1 and wire it up and have it function. Just wondering is all, and if you could get a temp sensor mounted seperate of the maf and still have it function due to mafs dont like meth being sprayed thru them.
    Bilstein shocks, H&R Race springs, Racing Dynamic sway bars, SS lines, Turner LTW flywheel, TRM chip, S52 Manifolds, 3 inch no cat exhaust, 21lb injectors, Custom intake, Euro oil cooler, Fan delete, 16 inch SPAL Electric fan on a switch, Redline Fluids, VIS CF hood, Black out grills, DEPO 8k HIDS with angel eyes

FastTrack Performance
    "Home of the fastest stock short block LS1"

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    sweet sweet build
    extremely well-excuted and purty
    Garrett

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 Eurotrash View Post
    Where is the intake temp sensor mounted at on your M30's? The only way that the meth kit is going to affect readable intake temp drops is if your put the nozzle upstream of the temp sensor. This is what i have noticed with LS1 cars due to the temp sensor being in the maf. But it isnt that hard to mount an external temp sensor on a ls1 and wire it up and have it function. Just wondering is all, and if you could get a temp sensor mounted seperate of the maf and still have it function due to mafs dont like meth being sprayed thru them.
    Spraying water Pre MAF is never a good idea. Yes, the TEMP sensor is in the MAF, and relocating it just to "trick" the engine isn't the proper answer. With proper tuning, you see great benefits from the water injection right where it is in this case.

My Cars
    E36 M3 TURBO COMING
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Spraying water Pre MAF is never a good idea. Yes, the TEMP sensor is in the MAF, and relocating it just to "trick" the engine isn't the proper answer. With proper tuning, you see great benefits from the water injection right where it is in this case.

How are you tricking the endine if the intake temp is actually that with the meth spraying? Intake temps will go down with meth. Am I wrong? Therefore why not benefit from it and actually let the computer see that.
    Bilstein shocks, H&R Race springs, Racing Dynamic sway bars, SS lines, Turner LTW flywheel, TRM chip, S52 Manifolds, 3 inch no cat exhaust, 21lb injectors, Custom intake, Euro oil cooler, Fan delete, 16 inch SPAL Electric fan on a switch, Redline Fluids, VIS CF hood, Black out grills, DEPO 8k HIDS with angel eyes

FastTrack Performance
    "Home of the fastest stock short block LS1"

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 Eurotrash View Post
    How are you tricking the endine if the intake temp is actually that with the meth spraying? Intake temps will go down with meth. Am I wrong? Therefore why not benefit from it and actually let the computer see that.
    Your point is very valid, it just that there is so much change in air temp after the compressor, and the way that this ecu works its not super beneficial to have it read such big changes in Air temps. For instance when its been heat soaking after sitting it will be a huge dog for the first little bit of driving because the intake manifold is so warm.

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    So I have now completed my door panels, I went down to the local BMW Wreckers and stumbled across some super mint door panels from an 1995 530i. As you may know, the interior colors in the later years changed, well some of them did anyway. My car is a 1990, and it has the early beige color interior, this car has the later beige interior. Its a darker color and the tops of the door panels and dash are a darker version of the rest of the interior. So What I did was remove the grey uppers from the new door panels and then I got the lowers died to match my beige. I then glued the black uppers on my new door panels from the original ones that came in my car. I also painted all the wood trim in the car the same color as my wheels (Smoked Copper). As you can see from the picture below, the center piece that is glued in the door panel is leather in the later e34`s, and has a different, more luxury look! So Ya I pretty pumped that I was able to put together new door panels for about $300 and have them look as good a s new.

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    '01 Mcoupe / '16 Golf R
    That trim looks GOOD!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3

Top Notch Performance

Miller your tune's are so smooth. Outstanding work on your car. How far away is the WAR chip on the E36? IS the software easy to learn so after the engine is tuned and we add upgrades we could adjust it ourselves or is it for experienced personnel only. I can't wait for you to come down to CarbConn and work your magic.
    Rohan

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROHANs99M3 View Post
    Miller your tune's are so smooth. Outstanding work on your car. How far away is the WAR chip on the E36? IS the software easy to learn so after the engine is tuned and we add upgrades we could adjust it ourselves or is it for experienced personnel only. I can't wait for you to come down to CarbConn and work your magic.
    Rohan
    Thanks Rohan

Finally we Got to the paint, here are some pics of the paint process that my E34 MS2 went through just recently...

There will be more Pics to come as we have some time to get all the videos and pics together, we are very busy right now getting ready for Bimmer Fest, so we will see you soon!

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    Finally, some Pics of the car with the new Exhaust manifold, Exhaust system and intake tube. This car is now officially a MS2 Plus, reason being is that the only thing it doesn't have is a built bottom end, forged internals.

Last edited by Dan Miller; 04-27-2010 at 04:56 AM.

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    BMW 325is Turbocharged - Jeep Cherokee 4.6L Stroke
    ^^

Uber mint. Good taste, all perfect,nice colors, etc...overall excelent job!
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

My Cars
    E34 Miller MS2 (M30)
    Quote Originally Posted by diegom6 View Post
    ^^

Uber mint. Good taste, all perfect,nice colors, etc...overall excelent job!
    Thanks for the positive input, I appreciate it! BTW the car is making 452 WHP and 445 WTQ

Turbo? What Turbo?

My Cars
    381 whp 93GS300 gte
    I just love how your work looks so clean and factory like, and your results are incredible.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo, 07 650XChlg
    If I ever get an E34 I know where to send it.

WTB: E36 ZKW Headlights, ACS Rear Diffuser,E36 M mudflaps front + rear

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    I want to know how that exhaust sounds! Great looking car, so so nice!
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by stanksbeamen View Post
    I want to know how that exhaust sounds! Great looking car, so so nice!
    If you are in the LA area, you can hear it. We were down for bimmerfest and Dan is still down there with his car. Maybe go for a ride in it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast