Thread: Rear Defogger/Radio Problem

My Cars
    2000 328ci, 2002 Dakota 4X4

Rear Defogger/Radio Problem

93 325is, Had it for a month now. Rear defogger never worked, I checked everything and found no problem. Then I tryied putting it on while the radio was on and it works, but it screws up the radio antenna and the radio won't get any stations. Turn off the defogger the radio reception is fine. Turn radio off turn on defogger it won't work. Any ideas ? I see that behind the driver rear 1/4 cover the antenna and defogger come together into a white box about 4''x 2''. Does this thing ever go bad ?

My Cars
    1994 325is
    I have the same problem, when i turn on rear defrost it will make the radio go psssssssshhhhhhh fuzz, but not cds. and its not a bmw cd deck either..

this is a common prob, i know people around here know how to fix it, i never bothered reading how because the radio sucks anyways.

XOC is offline Existentially Confounded
    My Cars
    Ninety-Nine SuperCharged TechnoViolet Em Three
    The radio antenna is in the rear window along with the defogger. Beyond that , I don't why yours would interfere while others' don't. Maybe a grounding problem with your radio????
    Lee

My Cars
    1990/02 BMW 735iA M30B35
    I think it's antenna amplifier problem

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Annddrriy: on you E32 the amplifier for the antenna is behind the C-pillar(s). Check the fuse box under your rear seat of the E32, because there is also the fuse for the rear window defogger and that goes the same route via the C-pillar and this fuse is known to cause fire or blows.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...fire+rear+seat
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!