Thread: New to Me LS1 swapped 95 M3 e36

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1

New to Me LS1 swapped 95 M3 e36

So guys I am new here. I am coming from an 04 CTS-V which I sold as I wanted more of a toy/project to have fun and enjoy. The CTS-V was great as is with minor additions and I was getting bored. I picked up a swapped LS1 E36. Engine and transmission have about 75k miles on them out of a 2000 Camaro SS. It has been daily driven over the past few years by the previous owner. It needs some stuff and I have some plans for it but, it is a great driver as she sits.

I am new to the BMW scene as I have mainly been into mazdas and domestics. If you guys see things or want to suggest things I am all ears. Well threads are useless without pics. So on to the important stuff.

My Cars
    1997 LS1 M3, 2004 330xi
    Welcome!
    Was the car built by anyone on here?
    Mind asking what you paid?
    Any mods?

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    Built by BMWLS1. He only posted on here a few times. Will not disclose price in order to retain privacy of the seller/buyer. Mod wise it is pretty much a completely stock LS1. It will be a daily driver toy nothing too crazy. Plans would be to install and ls6 IM and prob a small cam. Nothing crazy.

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2
    How about some close up pics of that gauge pod? Looks like it's the Ortiz?

Tipsy

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    I will snap some pics tomorrow for you Tipsy. Not sure what the Ortiz is.

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbladr View Post
    Not sure what the Ortiz is.
    Click here.

Tipsy

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    I do not know for sure but, if not whoever made this definitely used his as a reference. I would have to assume that it is that pod though.

My Cars
    1999LSxSwapped 557i & X5
    Built by BMWLS1. He only posted on here a few times. Will not disclose price in order to retain privacy of the seller/buyer. Mod wise it is pretty much a completely stock LS1. It will be a daily driver toy nothing too crazy. Plans would be to install and ls6 IM and prob a small cam. Nothing crazy.
    You paid $8000 for the car. I saw it on ebay by mongergarage. Great deal for sure!

E53 LSX Swap Coming Soon!

My Cars
    1998 M3 - Lsx
    Hahahaha he said fuck your privacy

Anyways, good price for what you got. I'm at like 35-40k in mine.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    Haha that he did. How do you like yours Thee?I checked out your build thread cool stuff in there. The only thing as of now that I know I want to look into is wheels/tires and then also cleaning it up a little. Redye the drivers seat and maybe make the ride slightly less harsh. She is all SOLID mounts. And I mean solid!

Tipsy: I looked over the weekend I spent most of it working on my winter beater f150 however the center console for the gauges is most definitely the ortiz setup.
    Last edited by Xbladr; 11-04-2014 at 10:59 PM.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    I need to paint the front/rear bumpers as well as the side skirts. I was contemplating also painting the front/rear/side molding. What is everyones thought process on fully color matched M3's? Do you guys prefer the black trim?

My Cars
    '00 540 6.0/4L80e/S480
    I need to paint the front/rear bumpers as well as the side skirts. I was contemplating also painting the front/rear/side molding. What is everyones thought process on fully color matched M3's? Do you guys prefer the black trim?
    I think they look nice when color matched, but it needs to be done correctly. You get what you pay for.

My Cars
    1998 M3 LS3 powered
    Welcome to the club. You have the right car to have fun and a project. There's always something to do, improve change etc. The builder of the car I bought started with solid mounts and quickly changed over to soft. The car is very comfortable to drive daily now. Your opinion matters most regarding trim color. Build the car you want. For me it relates to how dark the paint color is. Painted molding has a larger impact on lighter colors since black already blends with a dark colored car. Mine is white and I wouldn't want it to look like a snowbal. Tons of wheel options and more photos on Google in order to gauge what yours will look like. Have fun with your new toy.
    KevinBN7

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    Thanks Kevin I have been doing a ton of research. I may look into something a little softer in terms of mounts but because everything is custom made due to the engine swap it wont be easy to fabricate something a little softer. The trim I have seen both black and silver and I am leaning towards silver at the moment. I need to repaint the bumpers and skirts and I think it will just look a little newer and slightly more modern.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    So new wheels and camber shims have been installed. I also installed a new mishimoto rad as the one that came on the car developed a pinhole leak. Still need to do a bunch of the small things like new clips for the door cards. Fix the sagging glove box. Also install a bass link.

The other day I left the lights on after getting home from a long shift. Needless to say the key I have doesn't work on the truck lock lol. So I had to jump from the front to unlock the trunk then get into it. Pulling the lock and getting it rekeyed is now on the list as well.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    Had my local tuner set up hp tuners on my car so I could get him to modify the tach signal. The PCM was sending a v8 signal to the Tach when it needed a 6cyl signal sent. Once he configured it properly the tach was SPOT on. I took the car to get aligned after I added the shims etc. When I got there the guy showed me that the two rear trailing arms were on the oppsoite sides. This is why my car has an 80's iroc z rake/stance to it lol. I need to swap them and get the shims/washers to stiffen up the bushings in the back while I am doing it. Gonna grabe a new pair of RS03's as well as the fronts are pretty worn from the previous owner having a crazy toe setup. I will then bring i back in for a proper alignment.