BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 2003 e46 330i ZHP Cloth/6speed, lots of pics

My Cars
    2003 330i

FS: 2003 e46 330i ZHP Cloth/6speed, lots of pics

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Up for sale is my 2003 BMW 330i ZHP. I am the second owner of this car and before me this car lived its life in Florida. It has been stored winters and has no rust.

Silver Grey Metallic Exterior
    Cloth/Alcantara Anthracite Interior
    Mileage: 92215

Options:
    Sunroof
    Heated, Electric/Memory seats
    Fold-down rear seat
    Park distance control
    Xenon headlights
    Harmon/Kardon premium sound system
    Performance Package(ZHP) – includes more aggressive camshaft, lighter flywheel, 6800 RPM redline, 6 speed short throw transmission, 3.07:1 final drive ratio, higher speed limiter set to 155 MPH, firmer suspension, unique bumpers and trim, more aggressive exhaust, thicker alcantera steering wheel, sport seats, silver cube interior trim, unique 18”x8” wheels in front and 18”x8.5” in the rear

Maintenance:
    I have all of the maintenance records from the previous owner as well as my own. I have always used BMW Synthetic motor oil. Inspection II service was done at 84,741. This included an oil change, brake fluid flush with ATE Super Blue, microfilter replacement, new NGK spark plugs, new air filter, new fuel filter, changed transmission fluid to Redline and changed differential fluid to Redline. This car needs nothing and is great fun to drive.

I just installed four brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE01R tires. These tires have 0 miles on them as the car is tucked away under the car cover for the winter.

This is the most entertaining car I have ever driven. It works great as a daily driver or as a weekend fun car. Clean title in hand. Since there is now salt on the roads by me, test drives are available to buyers who bring payment. If you are not a serious buyer, I don’t want to take the car out of the garage.

According to the build sheet, this car sold for $39,605 when new.

Asking $14,500.00

Some wear on side bolster of drivers side seat:

Scratches to the clear coat where the XM antenna is mounted on the trunk:

Scratch to the bumper cover on the right-rear of the vehicle.

Scratch to the clear coat by the right-rear wheel.

Small dents/scratches by front-right wheel.

Right rear wheel:

Right front wheel (some curb rash near bottom-left of picture)

Left front wheel (some curb rash on the right side of picture)

Left rear wheel (some curb rash at bottom of picture)

Maintenance records:
    Last edited by 2003e46zhp; 01-01-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sold

My Cars
    2004 330CI

Zhp

Hi. Was wondering if the Clutch, Cooling System, or any other major service besides the Inspection 2 has been performed? Sounds like a nice car, you haven't had alot of action on it though because the price is a little strong for the mileage. I am local and might be interested. Thanks

My Cars
    2003 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Belt M3 View Post
    Hi. Was wondering if the Clutch, Cooling System, or any other major service besides the Inspection 2 has been performed? Sounds like a nice car, you haven't had alot of action on it though because the price is a little strong for the mileage. I am local and might be interested. Thanks
    The clutch and cooling system are original. The clutch holds strong and does not slip. The cooling system does not leak and I have not had any trouble with overheating. As with all e46's, it is a good idea to replace some of the components of the cooling system around this mileage because they are prone to failure. I think Turner has a kit for $3-400.

I'm at work now, but will review the maintenance records and post more information this evening.

If you'd like to come by and take a look, please PM me or give me a call.

I have reviewed the maintenance records as promised and found that the control arm bushings were replaced at 48890 and a new alternator and battery were put in at 77866. The records show that window regulators were replaced and the sunroof was also fixed at one point. There were no other major services performed except for the above.

Thanks for your interest.
    Last edited by 2003e46zhp; 11-30-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 330i
    Any interest? I am open to offers.

My Cars
    2002 330i, 2000 528iT
    Damn, I like it, but the mileage, price, and fact that it still has the original clutch makes me
    | 2002 330i 5-SPD - 101k | 2000 528iT - 146k |
    My E46 Maintenance Thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1124584

My Cars
    2003 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
    Damn, I like it, but the mileage, price, and fact that it still has the original clutch makes me
    I am open to offers on the price. Depending how the car is driven you can get the original clutch in these cars to last up to 160,000 miles. That's a lot of enjoyment before you'd have to worry about the clutch.

My Cars
    2002 330i, 2000 528iT
    Well, it would be depending on how you drove it
    | 2002 330i 5-SPD - 101k | 2000 528iT - 146k |
    My E46 Maintenance Thread http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1124584

My Cars
    Various
    Very nice car. I recommend the ZHP to a lot of people, it makes for a special car. In the used car market, there's very few cars that can compare to it in the comfort/performance and driving dynamics department, I've bounced between it and the e36 M3 sedan many times... What are you looking to replace it with?

PS: I've owned more than one car that I tracked with the original clutch up to and past 180k miles, I've also seen them worn by 30k miles, it really depends on how it's been driven.

My Cars
    '13 135is
    Why do some ZHPs not have the ZHP shift knob?
    Looking for a "drive to the track" car!

My Cars
    2003 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet View Post
    Very nice car. I recommend the ZHP to a lot of people, it makes for a special car. In the used car market, there's very few cars that can compare to it in the comfort/performance and driving dynamics department, I've bounced between it and the e36 M3 sedan many times... What are you looking to replace it with?

PS: I've owned more than one car that I tracked with the original clutch up to and past 180k miles, I've also seen them worn by 30k miles, it really depends on how it's been driven.
    I agree, the ZHP is a special car. It does lots of things very well. I bought an e36 325i that I am fixing up. I need the cash difference between these two cars to start a new business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet View Post
    Why do some ZHPs not have the ZHP shift knob?
    The shift knob on my car was replaced by the previous owner. It has the M logo on it but does not have the little piece of metal that I've seen on other ZHP's. I do not know what car this knob is from. Does your car have the ZHP knob?

My Cars
    '13 135is
    Yes, mine does. I thought the ZHP knob was shorter with some weight to it:

mb

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003e46zhp View Post
    I

The shift knob on my car was replaced by the previous owner. It has the M logo on it but does not have the little piece of metal that I've seen on other ZHP's. I do not know what car this knob is from. Does your car have the ZHP knob?
    It's a non-ZHP knob. Taller and lighter, no fun. The leather probably wore out on the old one...I'd get a ZHP one ASAP.
    -Denton

My Cars
    2003 330i
    mbcoops - That picture helps a lot. I agree that this car does not have a ZHP knob. I'd be happy to install a ZHP knob for the next owner.

My Cars
    95- 240sx SE 95 Trans AM 02- GSXR- M
    love the car... wish my position was different at the moment.

Goodluck with the sale.
    2006 Z4 3.0i with ugly mods.

My Cars
    '13 135is
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003e46zhp View Post
    mbcoops - That picture helps a lot. I agree that this car does not have a ZHP knob. I'd be happy to install a ZHP knob for the next owner.
    No problem. The prospective owner will have to decide I guess - some people have said that they prefer the longer one because it makes it easier to shift with the arm rest down. For the first few weeks of owning mine, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't comfortable shifting. Then I put the armrest up and it felt perfect - wasn't used to having it, and the lever isn't long enough to rest your elbow on it and comfortably shift (to me). I'd delete the armrest if it didn't stay out of the way so well without falling down. That's just the long way of saying a potential buyer might not even mind/notice the difference.

mb