Thread: Agenda for Nasa SuperComp School

My Cars
    GTS2 M3, B6 A4, F350

Agenda for Nasa SuperComp School

Does anybody have an agenda or a list of exercises that Nasa covers during their comp school. I am going to sign up for their Feb 19-21 school at VIR, but was wondering what sort of things they review. I've read the agenda for BMW CCA and I can only assume that it is similar, but wanted to be sure.

Thx.

My Cars
    E30/6/9
    I'd like to know in detail too

Anders Skandsen - http://www.skandsenmotorsport.com - NASA MA Spec3 2011 Champion & Rookie of the Year

My Cars
    E36/8,E36/7,E36,E30,E23
    The NASA comp school that I did included:

• Track awareness - Just time to learn the track
    • Passing in Turns Drill - Three cars rotate position by the last car passing the other two in each turn
    • Three Wide Drill - Drive the entire track three wide rotating positions each lap
    • Standing Starts
    • Rolling Starts
    • Mock Race

During each drill, there were instructors on track monitoring and watching from off track too. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that gives you an idea.

-bj

2002 M Coupe | 2000 M Roadster w/ LS | 1998 328i w/ S54 | 1987 325is w/ M52 | 1985 735i Turbo

My Cars
    76 2002 "tii"
    That's how mine went, too.
    Kyle Burkhardt
    NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director
    76 2002 "tii"
    14 Mustang GT Track Pack

My Cars
    E36 racer _ sold
    And the "off line" drill, drive 3 laps on the outside of the track as fast as possible. Then switch to the inside of the track for 3 laps, repeat, repeat, repeat.

And in NASA-SE, they have experienced races harass you the entire time...tail-gating, sliding in front of you, passing you as you perform the drills..generally screwing with you in every way they can...this sounds bad but it really just mimics real race conditions.

They stressed NOT going off-track during any exercise or mock race. Sounds easy but it isn't. I had two guys crash out of my class! They FAILED!

Note: Study the Flags...know them well.
    Last edited by Laze1; 11-29-2009 at 08:37 AM.
    Laze Fox Racing

My Cars
    GTS2 M3, B6 A4, F350
    Wow helpful. Thanks guys.

I can't say I'm crazy about having people screw with me but I think its great practice. What better way to handle a real situation than to have already practiced it?

My Cars
    E36 racer _ sold
    the drills are very helpful, very much like the real-deal!

I took the comp school on a Friday, and then raced Sat & Sun.

I just finished my Rookie period and now have my regular national license

My advice is to just drive @ 8/10 in school and during your Rookie period to avoid mistakes, then crank it up when you get the regular license.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimax View Post
    Wow helpful. Thanks guys.

I can't say I'm crazy about having people screw with me but I think its great practice. What better way to handle a real situation than to have already practiced it?
    Laze Fox Racing

My Cars
    GTS2 M3, B6 A4, F350
    Great advice, thx.

My Cars
    BMW's
    I did the Mid Ohio comp. school and couldn't recommend it enough, if you can get over to Ohio that is! They do it every weekend NASA has an event there.

My Cars
    SpecE30, Mini Cooper JCW
    Each region runs their own comp school pretty independently I think. You need to talk to folks about the MA region comp school.

I went to both the BMWCCA CR school and the NASA SE region school. Both had their charms. The NASA school put us under more pressure on the track.