Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M3 vs Dodge Challenger SRT8?

My Cars
    95 M3

M3 vs Dodge Challenger SRT8?

So my cousin just started working at a Nissan/Dodge dealership and he thinks that the Challenger SRT8 will absolutely smoke my 95 M3.

A quick look at Car and Driver shows for the Challenger:
    0-60: 4.8
    0-100: 11.4
    1/4: 13.3 @ 108 mph
    4189 pounds

Sure, that 6.1 liter Hemi V8 will take my car on a drag race; but I'm not so sure that it'll stay ahead once the roads start turning.

On a side note, will a 3.5" HFM, 3.5" CAI, Dinan throttle bodies, OBD2 midpipe, aftermarket exhaust, and TMS chip (or similar) get my car to do 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds?

My Cars
    99 Estoril Blue M3
    U will get humiliated.
    I need (1) 18" CSL Replica Wheel PM me if you have!

Thinking of buying from BAV TOYS... Think again...
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1179527

My Cars
    99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom951 View Post
    U will get humiliated.
    This.

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3
    that ^ x2

My Cars
    BMW-Less
    Drop some sort of FI on your car instead if you are planning all of thos mods.

My Cars
    '98 Estoril M3/4/5
    Don't even bother.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by aultman7 View Post
    So my cousin just started working at a Nissan/Dodge dealership and he thinks that the Challenger SRT8 will absolutely smoke my 95 M3.

A quick look at Car and Driver shows for the Challenger:
    0-60: 4.8
    0-100: 11.4
    1/4: 13.3 @ 108 mph
    4189 pounds

Sure, that 6.1 liter Hemi V8 will take my car on a drag race; but I'm not so sure that it'll stay ahead once the roads start turning.

On a side note, will a 3.5" HFM, 3.5" CAI, Dinan throttle bodies, OBD2 midpipe, aftermarket exhaust, and TMS chip (or similar) get my car to do 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds?
    It has twice the displacement of your car's power plant and less than 1/3 heavier.
    No, yours won't get under 5 sec with those mods.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    95 M3
    No, yours won't get under 5 sec with those mods.
    Ahh, that's what I was wondering.

BradR127 is offline Drip Loop Squad BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '98 M3, '20 A4
    Wow, BREAKING NEWS! A 2010 6.1L V8 car is faster than a 1995 3.2L I6 car in a straight line!

Why do people insist on comparing new cars to a 15 year old car? (Without even bringing up handling...)

My Cars
    99 Estoril Blue M3
    Even with handling its a far superior car.
    I need (1) 18" CSL Replica Wheel PM me if you have!

Thinking of buying from BAV TOYS... Think again...
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1179527

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bdr127 View Post
    Wow, BREAKING NEWS! A 2010 6.1L V8 car is faster than a 1995 3.2L I6 car in a straight line!

Why do people insist on comparing new cars to a 15 year old car? (Without even bringing up handling...)
    OP brought up handling.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Can't believe this is a serious question. Add those mods and you will gain MAYBE a tenth on 0-60mph times. No one races 0-60 anyway man
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    '98 Estoril M3/4/5
    ^ People do, but this is the wrong scene for that!

AutoX/Track or get lost.

Those mods alone won't do much for you, sub 5 seconds can't be done unless you pour money into the car.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bdr127 View Post

Actually it's 3.0L

I compared it because my cousin works at a dealership and he wants me to buy a new car from him.

Can't believe this is a serious question. Add those mods and you will gain MAYBE a tenth on 0-60mph times. No one races 0-60 anyway man
    Sorry for being new. Maybe a 10th of a second...ok thanks, I didn't know (hence the question). 0-60 was just for comparison.

AutoX/Track or get lost.
    No venues nor money for that. Well actually Barber Motorsports park is an hour or so away, but still, on the street (a secluded, private, closed street of course ) is easier for some of us.

those mods alone won't do much for you, sub 5 seconds can't be done unless you pour money into the car.
    Yes, like FI. Maybe one day.

My Cars
    99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by desynch View Post
    Those mods alone won't do much for you, sub 5 seconds can't be done unless you pour money into the car.
    And lose a ton of weight from it.

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom951 View Post
    Even with handling its a far superior car.
    im not so sure i understand this. are you saying it would even handle better than the M?

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    You'd kill him on a Track or Auto-X...the Challenger is the biggest pig of the 3 Retro Muscle Cars. Straight line unless he's a bozo he'll get you, but they can't turn or brake compared to you if you know how to drive your M.

Recent C&D comparo and both the Camaro (3800lbs) & Dodge (4200lbs) with independent rear ends lost on the track to the Mustang GT (3500lbs) and it's solid axle. Thats how well engineered and implimented their designs are...

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    95 M3
    You'd kill him on a Track or Auto-X...
    That's what I figured.

My Cars
    M3

Apples to Apples

Go down to your friendly neighborhood Nissan dealer- plop down $32K for a 370Z and then you can spank him in the quarter, to 60, and through the bends. Plus you'll get better gas mileage.

Don't have an extra $32K to spend? Okay, just enjoy your fine handling, plenty fast enough, more than likely fully paid-off M3.

My Cars
    94 b3 3.0 96 b8 4.0
    the mods u have planned with some gears and lose 300 lbs off your car and u will stay right with that challenger . add a set of drag radials and while the guy in the challenger is sitting there smoking his tires from not being used to all that power u are waving bye bye

My Cars
    E90 335i
    Cams or FI or you'll be left in the dust

M5 vs. Maserati!!
    2011 335i sedan 6MT, JB4 w/FlexFuel wires, AA 4" DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, AA turbo-back exhaust, UUC DSSR+SSK, BMS CDV, ER CP, BMS OCC, Arkym CF trunk
    Previous:
    2000 M5, LeMans Blue, H&R coilovers, custom exhaust, & assorted aesthetic mods.
    1995 M3, Schrick cams, Euro HFM, 24 lbs injectors, AA exhaust, Conforti chip, UUC LTW flywheel, UUC performance organic clutch. Assorted aesthetic mods.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetzle View Post
    FI or you'll be left in the dust
    Fixed. Cams won't do crap
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    E90 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedsBlue View Post
    Fixed. Cams won't do crap
    ~260whp and weight reduction could put you in the mid-low 13's

M5 vs. Maserati!!
    2011 335i sedan 6MT, JB4 w/FlexFuel wires, AA 4" DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, AA turbo-back exhaust, UUC DSSR+SSK, BMS CDV, ER CP, BMS OCC, Arkym CF trunk
    Previous:
    2000 M5, LeMans Blue, H&R coilovers, custom exhaust, & assorted aesthetic mods.
    1995 M3, Schrick cams, Euro HFM, 24 lbs injectors, AA exhaust, Conforti chip, UUC LTW flywheel, UUC performance organic clutch. Assorted aesthetic mods.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetzle View Post
    ~260whp and weight reduction could put you in the mid-low 13's
    Just weight reduction can do that. Cams and weight reduction and it would definitely be a race, agreed. Or just FI
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    E46 M3, Pro Street W-30
    Quote Originally Posted by desynch View Post
    Don't even bother.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast