Thread: Alpina B7 question?

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9l

Alpina B7 question?

Hey Guys

I am a M Roadster Dinan car guy, but the kids are growing and I am thinking to trade my 2000 M Roadster 17,000 miles only for a Alpina B7, but I am in SF – CA very hard to find, looking for a 2006 or 07.
    Just would like to know what you guys think about the car and how much I am looking in spend.

Thanks all for any info, George
    1997 1.9l auto

for all the info .......... George.....

My Cars
    '06 750Li, '06 HiHy
    The B7 is an EXCELLENT choice and a few members here do have them. I considered one before I bought my '06 750Li back in June. A fully loaded one (rear seat NAVI + all the "regular" stuff like comfort access, heated/cooled everything, etc) had an asking price of $54,900 (It had been reduced to that) but that included an extra set of winter tires/wheels for an 17K mile 2007 in (what appeared to be) superb condition with no accidents so it seems that street price is around mid 50's for the '07 and $60K for the '08's. In my opinion, that is a BARGAIN. Unfortunately, I also found my 750Li around that same time for about $13K less and simply could not justify (to the wife) the value of the difference.

You will likely have to travel to get the best deal on one as they are less common (in most places). After I gave up on getting mine, I learned that there are two others in my neighborhood (both ball player's wives cars). Be careful about some that are currently for sale though. A nice looking (on the internet anyway) white one is being marketed by a repair company and shows up on eBay about every week and has so for over the last 6 months. It has a SALVAGE title but they are asking street prices $56K. When pressed, they say that they "know what their car is worth" and won't negotiate down to what it is worth ($35K in my opinion). Not certain why they tend to think that they are going to get retail values out of it nor do I understand why they don't realize this after 6 months of 'trying" to sell it at the inflated price.
    Last edited by ndabunka; 11-23-2009 at 05:46 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9l
    Thanks for the info, still looking
    1997 1.9l auto

My Cars
    Yes!!
    Just bought one a few days ago,....absolutely SICK car! Love it so far!
    2007 BMW Alpina B7, 2007 Harley Davidson Road King, 2006 Toyota Tacoma

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9l
    Quote Originally Posted by usarugger67 View Post
    Just bought one a few days ago,....absolutely SICK car! Love it so far!
    Where didi you find? I am looking for months !!,
    1997 1.9l auto

My Cars
    2006 750Li
    Here's a link to a 2008 B7: http://www.momentummotorcars.net/det...7-4716087.html

It's located in Georgia but as hard as these are to find, every one is worth a look. I checked it out this weekend, and it appears very straight.

My Cars
    '06 750Li, '06 HiHy
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Here's a link to a 2008 B7: http://www.momentummotorcars.net/detail-2008-bmw-7~series-alpina_b7-4716087.html

It's located in Georgia but as hard as these are to find, every one is worth a look. I checked it out this weekend, and it appears very straight.
    That's a pretty decent price for a low mileage 2008.

My Cars
    Yes!!
    I got mine from a dealer in Illinois. Its a blue one with black interior and EVERY option. 6500 miles, factory warranty until 8/2011. Awesome. I also looked for quite a while. I found it on cars.com and I think it was on Auto trader too.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9l
    I got mine from a dealer in Illinois. Its a blue one with black interior and EVERY option. 6500 miles, factory warranty until 8/2011. Awesome. I also looked for quite a while. I found it on cars.com and I think it was on Auto trader too.

Thanks for the info.

Just curious to know the cost to bring the B7 from Illinois to Fresno?

George
    1997 1.9l auto

My Cars
    Yes!!
    1000 for truck

My Cars
    '06 750Li, '06 HiHy
    It looks like you ended up buying the one I was looking at before I decided to try to save a few $'s by going for a regular 750Li. That car was pristine! I wish I had not passed on it. If it is the same car, it was owned by a rich guy who lived in Madison Wisconsin who had something like 6 other cars and hardly ever drove the Alpina. When I was shopping it, he was fairly firm on a specific price but was insisting that the winter wheels/tires went with the package. Was it the same car and did you end up reselling the tires?

My Cars
    Yes!!
    Does not sound like the same car. This one was in Illinois and had about 6500 miles on it. Blue with black, all original....no tire issue as you have talked about. The car is pretty cool though, very pleased so far. I sold a 911 Porsche Turbo and three days later I got the Alpina!

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9l
    I never bought a car from out of State, any advice? I am in SF CA
    1997 1.9l auto

My Cars
    Yes!!
    I was raised in Marin myself, living in Fresno now. This is my second out of state car purchase. The first was an EBay 911 Turbo. I arranged a price then flew to Mississippi to see it. I paid cash (yes, really) and drove it home! It was a private party. The Alpina was at a dealership and I bought it sight unseen! Yea a bit nerve wracking but it worked out. I wasn’t too worried because it was still under factory warranty and it was from a dealer. It's been ok so far. I would recommend seeing it prior to purchase if it’s a private party.
    Last edited by usarugger67; 12-17-2009 at 04:44 AM.

My Cars
    850 ci

B7 desire

Hi guys,
    I am also looking for a B7. For those who have driven them can you offer a comparison to a standard 7 series in terms of handling, and performance.

Its one thing to read the specs another to drive the cars.

I live in Austin - I have only seen 1 B7 in town.

I was considering going the modification route to get close to similar performance but my 850 ci is sucking the bank dry at the moment.

Any thoughts welcome.

Also - on the mtc side does an one have a feel for the annual mtc cost of the B7?
    Last edited by hipshot; 12-16-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '06 750Li, '06 HiHy
    The difference is VERY similar to the difference between an "true" AMG (e.g. modified engine not just AMG plastic body parts) and a standard Mercedes. There are a LOT of both of them on dealer lots. If you are considering the B7, you should also include a "true" AMG in your evaluations anyway.

End result: Tighter suspension. "Significantly" quicker acceleration. Unique, Sportier body panels, dual exhaust, upgraded interior, etc... This is the same for both manufacturers. The B7 probably has a few handling benefits over even the AMG (the shock absorbing front stabilizer bar that is actually standard on the regular BMW is still there with the B7 and that feature alone make the BMW softer when it should be and also makes it's suspension stiffer as well when it needs to be.