Thread: i want the lounge back!

My Cars
    /// 95 M3

i want the lounge back!

Hey, where did our lounge go? i really miss it!!!!! can we get it back?
    A sports car isn't a car unless you know how to drive it!

Come and visit my part of the web.http://nathanhodge.homestead.com
    BUY MY ///M

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    ditto! I loved the lounge in the fact that questions/comments posted were still BMW oriented. After the lounge was taken down...I was trying to figure out where I would put up a post that affects all 3 series drivers (e30,36,46). With the lounge down I now would have to post in all three forums, and it'd kinda look like I was "spamming" the boards to either get attention or get my question answered faster. Please reconsider the lounge!...I'm bored without it :

My Cars
    The lounge was strange though, sometimes it moved real fast, and at other times it was at a stand still for days. but I think a general discussion area for the 3 series was just a good idea, otherwise we are going to be flooding the general discoussion area.

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus
    Before combining the 3 Series Lounge forum with the General Discussions forum I ran a study to see what amount of activity the Lounge had. For example, in one 24 hour period of time the Lounge only had six new posts! It was felt by me, and others that were consulted, that the Lounge and General Discussions forums were so very similar that most members didn't know which one was the appropriate one to use. The General Discussions forum was heavily used and the Lounge had become a forum that was not. Therefore we decided to combine the two forums together.

I understand that there are times when a thread concerns issues, questions or a discussion not related to a specific model that we already have dedicated forums for. Most members cross check the diffent forums on a regular basis and probably 90% of the time the issue or question concerns the two E36 models which narrows it to only two forums.

Since the threads from the Lounge forum were combined with the General Discussions forum it is not possibe to return those threads back if we decided to re-create a Lounge forum again.

We could always start a new Lounge forum again, or better yet, call it a different name that would be more appropriate for what it is intended for. If we did decide to add another forum for the purpose of handling discussions for the 3 Series (that are not related to one specific model), I'm not sure there would be much activity in this new forum...or any more than what was in the old Lounge. The name "Lounge" suggested a place for members who owned a 3 Series model to discuss different things concerning the 3 Series that was not related to a particular model. It seems that 99% of that type of use has been carried out in either the General Discussions forum or one of the model forums.

Hopefully you understand why we elected to do away with the old Lounge forum...and I'm not so sure it is really necessary to add another forum to replace it.

I'm open for discussions on the matter.

Bob ///M3