Thread: e36 M vs 5th gen prelude for $100

My Cars
    '87 325is, '95 M

e36 M vs 5th gen prelude for $100

I've been drinking so this is gonna have a lot more unrelated ramblings than your typical kill story.

I have changed the names to protect the innocent,

These are the new names and what car they brought.

Honda2, <civic si
    honda1, <prelude
    TheRedneck, <F250
    MPOWER, and <M3
    RapeMachine <e30turbo

VTak Monster (A mythical demon that honda owners can summon)

She Story

Tonight TheRedneck approached me with a proposition, "do you want to street race somebody to make 20 bucks?" Of course I do!

His coworker 'Honda1' had heard him talking about my car and challenged me to a race via TheRedneck. Honda1 has a 5th gen prelude with bolt ons, nothing too serious. Anyways Honda1 wants to race for money, and TheRedneck wants to bet on my car VS prelude.

I get to the meeting point but I guess I'm late. My freind RapeMachine, Redneck, and Honda1 is already there. He has some kind of little civic hiding behind one of his legs. Aww, its Hondaboy2! Don't be shy! Honda2 and Honda1 strategize amongst them selves. Their plan is to unleash the power of VTAK. I have heard of this monster, but have never seen one in action. I begin to be afraid. Rapemachine overhears honda2 say to honda 1 "Dude you are so fucked<--- [thread closed].".
    LOL

Okay so we head out west and we line up. For some reason he wanted to race from a dig. His stupid friend Honda2 wants to do the whole "stand between us and drop his hands." He points to me, points to the honda1 Then hands dddoOWWnNNNN!!!!!!

I have a more than desirable amount of wheelspin, I glance over, he's burnin em just like me. For those first few feet, grabbing for traction on 32% pavement, we were neck and neck even. Suddenly I'm planted, no wheelspin and quicky wrapping it up.a By the time I'm t the top of second gear, I'm a full car length ahead. His micro muscle fury is unleashed, I can hear him summoning the VTAK monster! At the top of third (90mph) I have a bus length between us. He has unleashed his Vtak magical powers, and for a second, I feared for my life. I'm pushing my old ass e36 harder than it ever has been. I can hear the Vtak monster growling somewhere behind me. I am racing to the top of 4th, I quickly put it in 5th (I don't screw around when there are monsters chasing me). I soon looked back and I realized, The VTAK monster was gone, there was only a prelude off in the distance. The prelude slowed down next to me. I suspiciously looked around his car. Maybe he put the VTAK monster back in its cage. Or maybe the monster flew away.

BUT I think he bit my car before he left!
    There is coolant pouring from my engine bay.

The guy gave me my $20 bucks and asked me if I wanted a ride back to the our mutual friend, TheRedneck. When we get there Honda1 gives him $80 bucks and I get out of the car.

TheRedneck says "well, thanks for playin" and walks away. Honda1 and 2 drive home with their tails between their legs.

Well the upper radiator hose (I still have a stock radiator) decided today was a good day to die. Mid race. Anyways we kind of got it on there and babied it home.

Cliffs:

I raped the prelude badly with the understanding that there was a $20 purse, but I got played because it turns out the bet was ACTUALLY for $100. Blew up radiator, and now I have to contemplate whether my $20 share of the winnings is woth a new radiator :shift
    Last edited by CMT; 11-19-2009 at 11:02 AM.

My Cars
    '06 4Runner| 77 930| E36
    buhahaha dude, wtf? vtak monster?

made me laugh but good story and that sucks about the hose. its just the hose right? not the neck of the radiator? if so then easy fix!

btw, your story reminded me of this one time when i called out this prelude to race because he was bagging my friends sohc turbo coupe(who NOW walks me good) but i was a little scared because he had a bunch of boltons including spoon cams and a tune i believe. All my friend were watching and i thought id get walked, but ended up putting 5 cl's on him two times in a row. when we pulled into a parking lot after and I asked the guy "you were really trying right?" ..lol i had to know. sorry for the OT!
    Last edited by BMWFanatic; 11-18-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Powertrain: Big Bore 87mm S50| Boost Logic Gen 2 Mani | BorgWarner S366 | CP 8.5:1 pistons | Eagle Rods | O-Ringed block | Tial 50mm | Precision 46mm | LINK G4 standalone | ZF| F1 stage 3 clutch/15lb ltwfw| UUC Black TM/E| Vorshlag MM's | 3.23LSD w/AKG race bushings| AKG race subframe bushings| 'Bear Motorsports' Re-enforced subframe | Walbro 525lp fp| VPD pulleys| 4'' DP into 3.5 straight pipe"||
    Handling: FK konigsports| '95 M3 strut mounts| Rogue Engineering RSM's| UUC RTAB's| 20mm front spacers| 2915lbs Full interior
    Aesthetics: M3 bumpers| 18''x 8.5/9.5 BBS LMs| ZKW's| 50w 6000k HID| Smoked Corners| 50% wndshld/5% all around| M3 sedan seats F&R| Black headliner| Black/Grey suede door panels| ZHP knob| M3 steering Wheel|

My Cars
    and bikes
    Way to turn a very typical race into entertainment. Well done.
    GSXR750T- Stock Motor, Junkyard 16G, Corn Fed.

Lowest Boost, one and only 60-130 VBox run = 4.10