Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Vorshlag $2010 GRM Challenge car - BMW E30 V8

Fair is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318

Vorshlag $2010 GRM Challenge car - BMW E30 V8

...or "How to build the perfect autox/track car for $2K"

Starting the build thread for this project here on BF.com, but it will be mirrored on several other forums, including the Vorshlag Forum. I'll post the same "weekly" update to each. Feel free to ask questions in this thread, but PLEASE BE CONCISE and don't quote the entirety of one of my gigantic posts, or we'll have to read my long winded BS more than once. Also: you don't have to post to simply subscribe, just click on "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe". Thanks.

Inspiration for the look we're striving for on the Vorshlag "$2010 GRM Challenge car" (Yes, these E30s both look hot)

Project Update # 1 - The Project Idea + Buying the Car: So I was on the phone with our ad guy at GRM recently and we got to talking about the various GRM hosted competition events. We discussed their UTCC event (Ultimate Track Car Challenge), which Vorshlag entered in 2008, and how extreme the entries have become (a $220,000 600hp GTP car won the 2009 UTCC event). I wasn't too keen on entering that again, but then he suggested the GRM $200X Challenge. Why doesn't Vorshlag build a car? I didn't think you guys wanted "shop built" entries? Sure, as long as you follow the same budgetary rules as other teams. Hmm...

What is the GRM $2010 Challenge? A team builds a car with a budget of $2010 or less, then enters it in the Grassroots Motorsports annual event which consists of an autocross, a drag race, and a car show. Your best times in both competition events + your car show placing are factored and the winner is the team with the most points. Labor doesn't count against you so most teams use considerable fabrication, home brew engineering, and cleaver eBay buys to make for cool car concoctions. Every year the budget cap goes up by $1. Here's the 2009 rules: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/eve...allenge/rules/

The Dirt E30 Team placed 3rd at the $2009 GRM Challenge in their turbocharged, box flared E30

So... I started brainstorming some ideas with a few local gear heads and we came up with an outline that could potentially be a lot of fun: BMW E30 + V8 + wide wheels/tires/flares. We're already known for BMW's with V8 swaps, so why not do another one on the cheap? The Vorshlag LS1 powered E36 "Alpha car" also sold last week, and I already miss that car, so this E30 V8 project is a good way to begin the healing.

Honestly, I've always wanted to build a GRM $200X Challenge car, but only if it could be fast as hell. We always had some crazy fast race car around the shop until now, so the timing is finally right. This ain't going to be like 24 hours of LeMons here... we wouldn't be wearing funny costumes or dolling up the vehicle like some clown car (although some GRM Challenge teams do "get in the spirit" like this - that's just not my bag, baby). GRM has recently updated the Challenge rules to avoid tube framed cars and have even closed the "Zamboni loophole", and the teams themselves can protest other teams for BS overspending now. They also allow for a few select safety upgrades that are outside the budget, such as a 4-point roll bar, harnesses, and even new OEM brake hoses to replace the old/rotted junk.

Again, I only want to build a GRM Challenge car if it could be a legitimately fast track/auto-x car, and somehow tie-in with the Vorshlag business (maybe another V8 swap kit, based on things we learn in this project?). Hell, I'd even consider taking it to UTCC if it survives the $2010 Challenge. We already know that a lightweight BMW 3 series with a cool motor swap is fast, and with the right bits and tweaks it even handles and stops very well. We will have to build it on the cheap to meet the extremely low Challenge budget, using a lot of home built ingenuity and fabrication. That sure works for this crazy economy!

The rules/points are somewhat biased towards the autocross results, but the drag strip times and car show results are still important. We'll focus mainly on the autocross performance and get it done early enough to test the crap out of the setup. Then we will "make it light", then "make it pretty", and at some point get it to the drag strip to test the standing 1/4 miles times, too. Reliability will be a very high priority task - I hate race cars that break!

L: Cleaning underhood. R: "Uhh... we're gonna pass on this suggestion"

This array of events and skills needed to build a GRM Challenge car fits my personal background (drag racing/autocrossing/fabrication), as well as many on the talented crew of volunteers we've assembled for the Team.

Here's the rust-free $500 Craigslist find we are starting with:

L: McCall, Amy and I looked at and paid for the car in the dark (never smart). R: We dragged the car to the shop the next morning

Its a 1986 BMW 325 coupe that doesn't quite run (fuel leak and dead battery), which looks a little raggedy, but has a partially restored interior with new carpet, seats, door panels, even a new dash. That's a lot of work, and it looks so nice that we're leaving much of the interior in place - which was not what we had intended to do. We were going to gut the car to the bone to get the lightest weight possible, but now we might leave it semi-street worthy, unlike the Alpha car. The stock 2.5L motor and 5-spd will be sold off to recoup some room in the budget, and we've already had some interest in that. This little gem was located about 8 miles away (sometimes you get damn lucky on CraigsList!), and team member, long-time Vorshlag Tester, and Z3M-LS1 builder Jason McCall and I dragged it to the Vorshlag shop using his truck and trailer.

L: We lucked out with this pristine/restored interior and cool seats. R: McCall fixing the hood release cable (so we could finally see the engine!)

L: Much of the car is disassembled. R: It cleaned up OK, but the paint is totally fried and the body is banged up

In the next thread update I will detail the drivetrain choices we're looking at using in the E30. Its not going to be the typical V8 we're known for here at Vorshlag, as the $2010 budget does not allow for an LS1 swap, not even close. Instead we're looking at lower cost V8 motors from 1990's sports/luxury cars. Don't try to guess what we'll use, because we don't even know for sure yet, but the 3 potential engine choices we've narrowed it down to are all very cool engines. I will also explain some of the other non-V8 motor choices and cars we explored, but dropped, and why. Just wait for Project Update #2, later this week.
    Last edited by Fair; 11-12-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Terry Fair @ Vorshlag Motorsports

My Cars
    1998 540i
    That looks like a lot of fun, good luck!
    Rob
    Prior projects:
    1998 540i with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy Power
    - pictures and details
    1992 325i with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy power - pictures and details
    1995 M3 with 6.6 LS2/T56 Chevy power - pictures and details

My Cars
    2010 335i
    looks like a shit ton of fun, i wish i was in the texas neighborhood
    2010 - BMW 335i M-Sport - Lemans Blue Metallic
    BMW PPK2, JB4 with NLS, Backend Flash, BMW PP Exhaust, Misc Appearance Mods, Boost Addictions Diff Brace, BMS DCIs, BMS Clutch Stop, VRSF Catless DPs

Previous:
    1995 M3
    1998 323is

My Cars
    2E36,E34,E38,Dak,780,V
    Excellent Terry!! Good Luck
    -=PJ
    Strike Zero's Garage
    ==================================================
    2006 SCR-SCCA Street Mod Champion
    1982 Toyota Corolla
    1988 Volvo 780
    1993 BMW 318is: Gas Sipper
    1993 BMW 325is => 350is: Track Rat
    1994 BMW 530i + 5spd
    1997 BMW 740i: Hwy Killah!!
    1998 Honda VFR800FI: Gear Driven Cam Goodness
    2000 Dodge Dakota: V8 + 5spd = Smokey Fun
    2000 Lincoln LS V6 5spd
    2004 Pontiac GTO - RIP
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V
    "If not under warranty, live with it, or bend over and grab ankles."

My Cars
    318is,Impreza,Rabbit
    Looks like a good start! I have my own $2010 project going, VW rabbit 2.0t, hope to see you all there!
    Dignity, Charm, and Contentment... The joys of happy pipe smoking
    Car List:
    1995 318is- daily #1
    1995 Impreza- daily #2
    2010 Prius- Wifes daily and road tripper
    1984 Rabbit- autocross weapon
    2008 IS350- sold
    1995 Grand Prix- sold
    1988 Integra- dead

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    People have asked us what V8 we're using (and it will definitely be V8 powered), then made several suggestions, and here's my first response:

How about a Lexus V8? 1UZ-FE to the R150 (?) transmission
    This is a motor we seriously considered. And there has been an E30 1UZ done (RHD car in New Zealand). I'll post a video of this thing - it sounds SO nice. The problem with the Lexus motor is that the early 1UZ V8 was pretty anemic. The early 1UZ makes a good bit less hp than the later ones.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_UZ_engine[/ame]:
    In its standard, original trim with 10:1 compression, power output is 256 hp, torque of 260 ft·lbf. The engine was slightly revised in 1995 with lighter connecting rods and pistons and an increased compression ratio to 10.4:1 resulting in peak power of 261 hp and torque of 268 lb·ft. In 1997, Toyota's VVT-i variable valve timing technology was introduced along with a further CR increase to 10.5:1, bumping power and torque to 290 hp and 300 ft·lbf. In the GS400 application, output was rated at 300 hp and 310 ft-lb of torque.
    The 1UZ seems to be gaining power through the years and 1997-up is the year to get. The problem that brings is cost - the newer the motor, the more expensive it gets. That's the beauty of the Infiniti Q45 motor (VH45DE). It has more displacement at 4.5L and made 280 hp through the entire run of the 1989-1996 model years. You can find them cheap since they are older. $300-500 is hard to argue with. I even found one locally for under $100!

This VH45DE motor is big, and might not fit the car easily. The 1UZ might not fit, either. No, these DOHC V8s don't have the absolute potential of the LSX motors, but we cannot afford to use a built LSX anything in this project anyways ($2010 budget). An all aluminum DOHC V8, with 4.5L and 280hp stock, with 6 bolt mains and 7000 rpm stock rev capacity, all for under $500 complete, is hard to ignore.

L: VH45DE motor from 1989-1996 Q45. R: VH45 motor with Mustang T5 attached

As much as I love the M60/62 BMW DOHC V8, after extensive searches we could not justify the nearly 4X used engine cost (compared to the VH45). This crazy $2000 budget just doesn't allow for this potential V8 swap - sorry folks.
    Last edited by Fair; 11-12-2009 at 02:35 PM.

My Cars
    2E36,E34,E38,Dak,780,V
    Terry:

I think the VH45DE is an awesome motor . . .they litter the salvage yards around here . . . and like you said CHEAP!!!

I would love to use that motor in something one day!!
    -=PJ
    Strike Zero's Garage
    2006 SCR-SCCA Street Mod Champion
    1982 Toyota Corolla
    1988 Volvo 780
    1993 BMW 318is: Gas Sipper
    1993 BMW 325is => 350is: Track Rat
    1994 BMW 530i + 5spd
    1997 BMW 740i: Hwy Killah!!
    1998 Honda VFR800FI: Gear Driven Cam Goodness
    2000 Dodge Dakota: V8 + 5spd = Smokey Fun
    2000 Lincoln LS V6 5spd
    2004 Pontiac GTO - RIP
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V
    "If not under warranty, live with it, or bend over and grab ankles."

My Cars
    E36 Turbo, E39 M5
    I hope you consider a ford 5.0 HO swap from a fox body. They can be had for $500 or less and with explorer heads, ported explorer intake, and a tune can make 300whp all for under 1k with mods if you shop around.
    Last edited by E36 328is; 11-12-2009 at 01:59 PM.

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    Sweet. Good luck and have fun.

It will be nice to see a "professional" approach to an e30 and a V8 swap.

Matt
    Wreck Racing alumni
    No PMs. Email through forum please.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    Project Update #2: The first Team Meeting last week went great (5 of the 7 initial team members were able to make it) and we fleshed out a good plan for the entire project. Costas and others on the team talked me out of even more "crazy" (like Lexan, custom intake/throttle bodies, E36 5-lug spindles swap, and some other unnecessary mods I had talked about early) and its going to be a very reasonable, and much more believable build now. 8) We're aiming for an honest-no-bullsheet! street car, which should still be a very capable track, auto-x or drag strip terror, and hopefully much easier on the eyes and engineering brain than some other low cost swaps out there.

The guys did the gearing and tire height calculations and we settled on a final drive ratio (3.23), tire (275/35/15 Hoosier), wheels (lightweight steel 15x10"), and transmission (T5). Came up with a motor plan, suspension plan, autocross test plan, aero plan, and agreed upon the flares and some other subtle body mods. We're are also keeping the full interior, fully functional doors, and all OEM windows. Why not do all the weight savings possible? Well, for one, this car's interior is too nice, and for two, the damn thing is already lighter than we had expected.

Here's the first bit of useful tech for the project - the starting weight:

This 2436 pound weight is with everything stock, at full weight, A/C installed, full interior, heavy stock exhaust, etc. Well, it does have a lighter than stock battery, and the radio is missing, but that's it. Big cast iron straight six isn't super light, and we've got several weight savings mods in the works, so we think we'll meet or exceed our target weight even with the interior and glass.

Next, after two weeks of hounding him via phone and email, I finally got a local guy selling a complete VH45 motor on CraigsList to meet us last week. Got lucky again, and it was only 15 minutes from Dave's house. We rolled up, unloaded the engine hoist, grabbed the motor and the wheelbarrow full of parts (which included all of the accessories, ECM, full harness, and everything he had partially disassembled), paid the guy $60 cash, and off we went! He said he only paid $90 for the entire package from a local "U-Pull-It" discount salvage yard, so he didn't lose much money when he canceled his VH45 + 240SX swap.

L: VH45 longblock + alt + intake was 430 pounds (not bad). R: Complete motor + accessories was 514 lbs (sprockets, covers, balancer, and accessories were heavy!)

L: Exhaust manifold was a bit portly. R: Entire engine is 28" wide, but I think we can trim that considerably by relocating the oil filter.

Worst case - this motor has some terminal flaw, or ends up being too big to fit this chassis, and its only used for mock-up purposes. At $60 it was well worth it, and the harness and ECM are a big bonus if we end up going the VH45 route. This week we're focusing on weighing several other major components from the car and getting the old motor running. Then we'll yank the stock drivetrain (to sell it) and mock-up the VH45 for the first time.

We have several other motors as "fallback options" if this VH45 plan goes awry. The team is working on the E30 again tonight, so check back for another update soon.

My Cars
    97M3.4.5,EG,YZF
    Cadillac northstar, can be found fairly reasonable these days. Can fit t-5 transmissions with bellhousing mod for starter.
    Ford 302 sounds like a no brainer though. Even a basic one would be kick ass with a smaller single turbo.

Nevermind, you already have a motor. WTF is up with that intake manifold?
    Last edited by hefftone; 11-12-2009 at 02:59 PM.

My Cars
    '97 M3 sdn, '00 528 sprt
    Very cool Terry. I used to own a '96 Q ship, loved that car. Torque Freaks Chassis dyno put down over 242 HP at the wheels through the automatic, car was bone stock dirty air cleaner, etc. We figure approx 300 at the crank, which most guys find vs the factory rating of only 278.
    That car did the best foggy burnouts ever, except for our 36' Winnebago Chieftain burnout of course.

Some one rear-ended the car a couple years back, bought the car back from insurance and sold the engine after deciding to go LSx for the "then" V-8 project.
    The VH45DE is a great power-plant, like any of the other multi valve V-8's, BMW, Yota, etc, it has lots of potential for its displacement.

Couple of links to tons of VH45DE info;

http://www.vh45de.com/

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroforum?id=193

One of a few different manual trans adapters for the VH45DE, this one is for the 300-ZX 5 speed;
    http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=273682&page=4

And thank you for the wheel studs and lug nuts I today.

'97 Sedan, Cosmos Meconium, Click ME for the build thread.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4 Cosmos
    Wow, I wish I lived somewhere you could find that car for $500. It would be about as strong as a rotten fish up here.

My Cars
    e36 M3
    Please make a kit for this.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Wow, I wish I lived somewhere you could find that car for $500. It would be about as strong as a rotten fish up here.
    Hehehe.... yea, we are totally spoiled here in Texas. Nothing rusts here (we get snow or ice in Dallas on average ~1 day a year - they sand the roads, but nobody drives those days), unless it followed one of the many northern immigrants here when they moved to our state.

The summers do get a tad bit warm, though...

My Cars
    95 M3 Coupe, 00 C5 Vert
    How much are the LS-based truck engines? I think I've heard stories of them like the lq4/9 going for pretty cheap, with LSx potential.

My Cars
    01 740iL, 87 325es,
    This is going to be a great thread for me as I just picked up a 87 325es for the total cost of a workgroup switch and networking 2 computers togther so the shop could print from both computers to one printer, THANKS CIA Auto. My plans are a LT1 383 6 spd swap but my interest here is the body and suspension mods. I love the looks of these with the wider fenders, body kits and the large tires front and rear. The other thing I am doing to set it apart from the rest is right hand drive.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfphelps View Post
    How much are the LS-based truck engines? I think I've heard stories of them like the lq4/9 going for pretty cheap, with LSx potential.
    That truck LSX has been discussed on other forums, at length. Its still a remote possibility but the budget for this GRM event precludes the use of an LSX and T56. That motor is so good, so popular, that even the truck variants are too costly. And I've checked. Yea, you might find a cheap long block somewhere but that's not a running, complete motor. Once you add it all up, a complete LSX truck 5.3L motor costs considerably more than the avg $375-$500 price of a complete VH45.

My Cars
    95 M3 Coupe, 00 C5 Vert
    Good deal, I just thought I'd throw it out there. I thought I remembered hearing about people pickup up junkyard pull outs for the ~400 range, but that must have been before they became so popular. Plus you'd still need a t56 from somewhere too I guess.

Either way it will be interesting to see what you guys come up with. Good luck on the project and the competition itself.

My Cars
    97M3.4.5,EG,YZF
    I take great interest in this thread because I have always wanted to build a GRM Challenge car. Get the most bang for the buck appeals to me.
    I've never really thought about the VH45 engine. Honestly, I was'nt even aware of it's existence. It certainly is an interesting engine, and they are surprisingly cheap considering how much engineering went into it. I would imagine this engine could be pushed to some pretty healthy numbers,...but at what cost? I would think cams are out of the question (except maybe regrinds), then of course you'll have headers, and what else?a CAI, perhaps a larger or ported TB? I'm sure there is some good power available through computer tuning. It also looks like it will take up a LOT of space. Certainly would be a cool swap though.

A LSx 5.3 makes sense, but I could see that adding up pretty quickly. I've seen aluminum block 5.3's from Trailblazers and Raniers go for around $600. If that could be made to work using the truck intake and accesories you'd save a bunch of money and already be passed 300hp. Of course you still have to get a trans, but could probably get by with a T5 WC at moderate power levels (mild cam, headers, tuning, cai). Ford 302 would probably be cheaper.

This does not coincide with your V8, nor DOHC, requirements but there are a couple engines that are cheap and can make good power. The L36 (90º, V6, 3800) from 95+ f-bodies can make strong power, and is readily available with a 5-spd (T5 WC.)

Lastly, I think the GM LZ9 is really cool. The LZ9 is the 3.9L 60º V6 that comes in the garden variety 06 Impalas (plenty of those). It's pushrod with VVT and Ultra compact, "produces 240 hp and 240 ft·lbf torque, with 90% of the torque available from 1500 rpm to 5500 rpm" [wikipedia]. 6400 rpm max engine speed, although i believe Z06 valve springs can be used.
    GM LZ9 spec sheet--http://archives.media.gm.com/us/powe...0%28LZ9%29.pdf
    GM LZ9 dyno--http://archives.media.gm.com/us/powe...LZ9_Impala.pdf

There is a GM 60º FWD V6 to Ford T5(WC) bellhousing out there. The f-body 3800 T5 WC and bellhousing should also fit this motor (correct starter location, and bolt pattern).This motor would would be super short, and is extremely narrow. The entire oil pan may even fit entirely behind the bmw crossmember. There is a good bit of info for this motor here, concerning swapping this motor into an MG http://www.britishcarconversions.com...4-lz-procedure
    Headers would be so simple for this motor, and there would be tons of space to go turbo. There is also a flex fuel version of this engine (LGD), which would be a wicked way to go with a turbo, since E85 is 105 octane.
    Last edited by hefftone; 11-15-2009 at 03:59 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    Project Update #3: I worked for about 6 hours on the E30 Saturday and got a lot of little stuff done. Beautiful weather, nicest day of the year to date. Measured the starting ride height & camber at each corner, track width front and rear (63" and 63-1/2" from outer sidewall to sidewall - that's narrow!) and then measured a bunch of other random stuff. Once it was on the lift I cut off the rotted OEM muffler to keep from banging my head on it, as it was hanging down about 20 degrees from horizontal.

Yummy - a diff leak we'll surely have to address. Looks like fairly new Voughtland springs and KYB shocks

The goal became "get some weight off" and we did. Thanks to Paul M for stopping by from 1-3 pm to help - we got the front and rear bumpers and supports off, all of the bumper trim pieces, and both horns. I also swept the bottom of the car free of cob webs (there were a LOT!) and blew out pounds of dirt and mud from the bumper areas.

~78 pounds of crap removed

Just for grins we test fit the 18x10s to the car, but I will say this one time: we cannot afford to use the 18x10" wheels on the car for the GRM Challenge. Just wanted to get an idea of what a 10" wide wheel would look like. We're looking at lightweight steel circle track wheels for our final solution. So this was hardly the technical test fit that the car needs, just a quick "lets take a look" picture or two of the 18x10 D-Force wheels with 265/35/18 tires slid under the fenders of the E30 with the suspension near ride height. It looks like the flares we will end up with should only be 2-2.5" wide, which is manageable. This would put our track width on 10" wheels at around 67" wide - which is still pretty narrow (that's about what the E36 M3 is on stock wheels, which is a narrow car).

And here's a quick comparison of the E36 non-M 5-lug brakes to the E30 stuff.

Our selection of cheap 15x10 steel wheels in 4x100 is "zero". The potential E36 5-lug swap opens up our wheel (and strut!) options considerably

Once I got the old 14x6" E30 wheels back on I rolled it outside, washed the whole car including the newly revealed areas under the bumpers, and claybarred the hood, trunk and a fender (didn't help - that paint is dead!). Rolled it back in, stored all of the removed parts, and put the 1 full pound of nuts and bolts that were removed today in the "used bolt box".

The bumperless look isn't terrible, but we'll still cover these areas up with some smooth sheet metal - aluminum or steel

All told we pulled nearly 80 pounds out of the car today. Each aluminum bumper was 15-18 pounds each, the bumper shocks were fairly heavy, the muffler was over 10 pounds, and it just all added up. Weight is now down to 2359 lbs (that's already 15 pounds lighter than the 4 cylinder '91 318is was when fully prepped for STS), so a 2300 pound goal should be achievable. Good stuff.

We re-weighed the car for all of the doubters...

Until next time,

My Cars
    2JZ FD3S, 2JZ M3, 95 M3
    wow!!! nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously just became one of my favorite builds.
    -Andrew Mensah

My Cars
    e36 M3
    and claybarred the hood, trunk and a fender (didn't help - that paint is dead!).

One word: Wetsand. You only need it to look good for 1 weekend right? Strip the old stuff to 1mmm above the primer. I bet that is shiny. Claybar takes everything to the paint off. If the paint is faded/damaged, etc, you need to strip the actual paint off (which is what an agressive polish does, but sounds like you need more than polish or rub bing compound). That is what 1000 grit sandpaper and water is for. Very dangerous for a persons car, as you can only do that 2 times and then it needs a paint job. but for a magazine kleenex car, strip the old stuff off. The next owner will paint it when the 2010 budget is over right?
    Last edited by gamman; 11-16-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: engrish.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36 LS1, E30 318
    Update for Nov 16, 2009: Got bored and yanked the hood off, plus all of the associated crap that goes with it. I had a feeling that the hood would be heavy so we have an alternative solution in the works. My guess was 45-50 pounds for the stock hood. I know, that seems crazy, right?

Stock hood and brackets/hinges/bolts came in at 44 pounds (39 + 5).

Yesterday morning Costas found a smokin deal on a new set of circle track 15x10" "lightweight" steel wheels in the right bolt pattern and offset and those should be here next week, along with a free 275/35/15 Hoosier that Chris rummaged up for us (it was a throw away - heat cycled out). I'll mount that tire and we can start doing wheel and tire mockups in the next 1-2 weeks, then I can cut the fenders and get started on the flares.

Next up - getting the stock drivetrain to run and then yank it out...

My Cars
    e28, Spec3, M3, M3, ZHP
    Terry,

work faster! the suspense is killing me!
    Andrew Elmore

Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast