Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ***8er Spotting Thread*** Was that you??

GimmieSumMo72 is offline That's my BOY!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E60 E31 Past: E38 E36

Thumbs up ***8er Spotting Thread*** Was that you??

I was in Alexandria, VA this morning around 10:30 and saw a black/dark gray 850ci with a csi nose and 19" wheels on the corner of Rt 1 and King St.

Also saw the same car going westbound on I-66 in the afternoon around 12:45pm had a VA plate "AAPX" or something of the sort.

I tried to wave him down 2x but had the earphones on.
    1991 850i diamantschwarz metallic w/ 2 toned black/light silver grey interior: Mods: 20% Tints, OEM Style 37 rims (Winter), 18" BBS RG-R's Diamond Black (Summer), M3 Style Lip Spoiler, Wokke V2.0 Chips, Magnaflow 14833's, Dinan Performance Transmission Chip, CSi front spoiler, 3000k 35w Fogs, 5000k 55w Lows, Custom Randy/Dinan Suspension, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, Goodrich SS Brake Lines

2004 530i schwarz-2: Mods: 20% Tints, Powdercoated Black OEM Style 122's (Winter), LED Fogs & Sidemarkers, Staggared Style 166's, Apexcone 55w 3000k lows, LED 20w Angel Eyes

My Cars
    05 LS430
    His lost, could have met the legendary "Mo".
    Bankswood

My Cars
    Ducati 916
    I'll add to this thread with a few NorCal spottings within the last couple weeks...

1. I was coming back from Sonoma & Napa on Oct 27th and was on the 280 freeway northbound by downtown San Jose. I saw a red 850 with the license plate "Ultra GT".
    2. Saw a black 850 with a "for sale" sign in a parking lot right off Lark Ave by Winchester Blvd in Los Gatos last week.
    3. I was driving my 8er today southbound on the 17 freeway by Campbell and saw Alec Cartio's Dakar Yellow E31 across the centre divider going the other way. I called him and he said he also saw me coming the other way.

The end...
    Last edited by moomba; 11-08-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    When in doubt, drive flat out!

My Cars
    1987 325is
    8 I spotted here in Scottsdale recently was a silver 850i automatic with 850csi badging and 18" MK1's. He wasn't a very social guy, either.. can't win em all.
    The object of war is a more perfect peace.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Most of them are buisness Men/Women and have no idea of Fourms like this or they've been "Spotted"!--)

My Cars
    420G SPEED 6
    Damn moomba you got a better eye than me you must be out more.

My Cars
    911 + E31
    The past few days...

I see a lot of 8s in LA lately. I saw a black 840 that belongs to a gent who lives somewhere near me. I've seen him before. His car is clean with some sort of unknown chrome wheels in 18. We always say 'wutup' when we cross paths.

Saw a red/tan 850 on Pico in West LA, car was dirty. Rollin' on basketweave 16s. Senile driver, should have his driver's license revoked due to his geriatric condition. This dude (more power to him, he's got great taste in cars) is ooooold!

Saw a black 850 on Wilshire in Koreatown. Car was super clean, tinted windows like a hearse, blinged out chrome mystery 19s. Zoomed by me while riding in the E92.

Saw a black/black 850 on Pico turning left onto Beverwill in West LA. Not so clean, all stock, 16" baskets. Driver was wholly engrossed in fixing his cheeseball hairdo in his rear view mirror.

My favorite sighting is this lovely older tall thin lady with long grey hair, a real classy elegant beauty--riding in her oxford green + tan '40 in Cheviot Hills. We've crossed paths numerous times. She is a stunner. The car is too.

Last but not least, there's a light tropical green or aquablue (forget the official color name, but it's the same color as Chillax's ride) 850 parked on Motor Ave in Cheviot Hills. The car has T-stars with painted black centers, a CSi nose and CSi trunk wing, along with an ///M badge stuck onto the trunk in front of the 850 emblem.
    Last edited by Koizumi; 11-08-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GimmieSumMo72 is offline That's my BOY!!! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E60 E31 Past: E38 E36
    I did see 2 8er's that are kept in storage here in Edison. Both off of Rt. 1 South, one in the storage place behind Open Road Honda, and the other off of Old Post Road across the street from Wendy's.

The one by the Honda Dealer is a Black one with chrome wheels, and the one by Wendy's was red and debaged (guessing 840).

those are 2 of the 4 in the area, the 3rd being mine.
    1991 850i diamantschwarz metallic w/ 2 toned black/light silver grey interior: Mods: 20% Tints, OEM Style 37 rims (Winter), 18" BBS RG-R's Diamond Black (Summer), M3 Style Lip Spoiler, Wokke V2.0 Chips, Magnaflow 14833's, Dinan Performance Transmission Chip, CSi front spoiler, 3000k 35w Fogs, 5000k 55w Lows, Custom Randy/Dinan Suspension, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, Goodrich SS Brake Lines

2004 530i schwarz-2: Mods: 20% Tints, Powdercoated Black OEM Style 122's (Winter), LED Fogs & Sidemarkers, Staggared Style 166's, Apexcone 55w 3000k lows, LED 20w Angel Eyes

My Cars
    bmw
    Hey guys, I own a 5 series (don't hate) but I LOVE the look of the 8's! DAMN nice cars! There are 2 for sale in the Lynnwood, Washington area on Hwy 99. One is a bright red and another one is more of a maroon or blood red. Both are VERY nice looking!

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    We dont hate.

We are trying to grow the ranks. Get urself one.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    91 850 95dinan s/c m
    Saw a very clean all blacked out 8 series on Bayshore off the 101 in San Francisco. Super clean car!

My Cars
    Bmw 520i m50 1995
    Is this an 8'er in Get Smart. Its driving me nuts...it really looks like one.

Third time i watched this movie, first time i spotted it and was like "omg". I rewinded about 20 times and compared it to some google images (i dont own an 8er myself). I just cant tell for sure. If you zoom in really close i swear you can see the BMW logo and those thin headlights and kidneyish grills do make it look like an 8er.

If it is, its the first 8'er ive ever seen in a movie...especially one made since the 8'ers discontinuation.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...capture1-3.jpg
    Last edited by Adderz; 11-10-2009 at 06:35 AM.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Check the expiration date!!!

My Cars
    96 850ci
    It is an 8 of its own right. It appears to be a Lincoln continent mark VIII... Kinda ironic it's an VIII in the same eara.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mark_VIII.JPG

peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Adderz View Post
    Is this an 8'er in Get Smart. Its driving me nuts...it really looks like one.

Third time i watched this movie, first time i spotted it and was like "omg". I rewinded about 20 times and compared it to some google images (i dont own an 8er myself). I just cant tell for sure. If you zoom in really close i swear you can see the BMW logo and those thin headlights and kidneyish grills do make it look like an 8er.

If it is, its the first 8'er ive ever seen in a movie...especially one made since the 8'ers discontinuation.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...capture1-3.jpg
    Last edited by motorisym850; 11-10-2009 at 01:03 PM.

My Cars
    95 BMW 850
    Why does it matter if the car is clean or not?

My Cars
    Bmw 520i m50 1995
    Quote Originally Posted by motorisym850 View Post
    It is an 8 of its own right. It appears to be a Lincoln continent mark VIII... Kinda ironic it's an VIII in the same eara.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mark_VIII.JPG

peace!
    Take a look at the car in the background, not the foreground.

My Cars
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderz View Post
    Take a look at the car in the background, not the foreground.

both cars in the pic are certainly lincolns.

My Cars
    Ducati 916
    I saw a red E31 on the 85 freeway northbound by Los Gatos, CA today. Not sure if it's the same red E31 that I saw previously. I was going the opposite direction.
    When in doubt, drive flat out!

My Cars
    911 + E31
    I saw a red E31 today, too... In Pasadena. Driver was exiting The Hat (Pastrami spot) onto Lake. I had to laugh because I ate there for lunch today.

My Cars
    1995 E38, 2010 G37S
    Hey guys, I'm not an E31'er, but I did see a very clean red E31 while taking a cruise. The car had some chrome turbine looking rims going on, looked like 17's and was completely stock otherwise. This was just outside South Salem.
    2013 M3 Coupe
    2000 750il

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    I saw a red E31 today, too... In Pasadena. Driver was exiting The Hat (Pastrami spot) onto Lake. I had to laugh because I ate there for lunch today.
    uuuuUM, Pastrami!-) There Hat yellow as well?

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    uuuuUM, Pastrami!-) There Hat yellow as well?
    It's gotta be the same Hat. I know there's one in Alhambra, another next to East LA College, etc. They all have the same look, and tasty pastrami

but the best Pastrami hands down west of the Mississippi is at Langer's on 7th & Alvarado in Los Angeles. When I mean "the best", I ain't joking.
    Last edited by Koizumi; 11-11-2009 at 11:00 PM.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Me going to Langers by the weekend, 7Th & Alvarado, Thankiez!!!

My Cars
    95 540/6
    Man, wish I could find an 8 in IN. I'd get it in a heart beat.

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    Me going to Langers by the weekend, 7Th & Alvarado, Thankiez!!!
    Order the #19. Check out Langers on the web. It's a true LA landmark! There's free parking in their secured lot 1 small block away. Very highly recommended!

Check out this article written in the NewYorker... Even Manhattan folks agree it's the best.
    http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...020819fa_fact4
    Last edited by Koizumi; 11-11-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast