Thread: A/c & defroster flaps not working..

My Cars
    2000 BMW 328i

Post A/c & defroster flaps not working..

Good afternoon Forum! I recently bought a 2000 328i 4 doors with 36,000 miles, it was a great deal for me. As I was driving the vehicle back to his new home I noticed that when I turned on the front defroster switch, air was coming right into my face instead of going up to the windshield to clear the moisture out. Today, I had someone trouble shooting the car and a "short to ground error" came up every time the defroster was turned on, furthermore, the switches for air to circulate up, front and down had the same error as well.
    My questions are: Are the flaps damaged or stuck? Is there a module or deviced that activates the flaps up and down shorted? Before I take the vehicle to the BMW dealer, I would like to know has anyone here in this Forum had a similar problem? Are there any easy or not so costly fix besides rolling down the windows?

BMW,3 [E 46],3 [E 46],Gasoline,2.8,04/1998 - 08/2000 BMW connector configuration 1, pin 20 Air conditioner 1.0

1. Error memory Number of errors: 9 12:28 AM

0102 Servomotor for defroster flaps short to earth
    0202 Control motor: footwell flap (FW) short to earth
    0002 Servomotor for ventilation flaps short to earth
    0302 Recirc.-air flap servomotor, left short to earth
    0402 Recirc.-air flap servomotor, right short to earth

Anyone has encounter the above errors? It seems there must be a common source that is causing the problem? Or all stepper motors flaps are bad?

Thanks so much...

My Cars
    2001 330CI
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW328iofMTGRO View Post
    Good afternoon Forum! I recently bought a 2000 328i 4 doors with 36,000 miles, it was a great deal for me. As I was driving the vehicle back to his new home I noticed that when I turned on the front defroster switch, air was coming right into my face instead of going up to the windshield to clear the moisture out. Today, I had someone trouble shooting the car and a "short to ground error" came up every time the defroster was turned on, furthermore, the switches for air to circulate up, front and down had the same error as well.
    My questions are: Are the flaps damaged or stuck? Is there a module or deviced that activates the flaps up and down shorted? Before I take the vehicle to the BMW dealer, I would like to know has anyone here in this Forum had a similar problem? Are there any easy or not so costly fix besides rolling down the windows?

BMW,3 [E 46],3 [E 46],Gasoline,2.8,04/1998 - 08/2000 BMW connector configuration 1, pin 20 Air conditioner 1.0

1. Error memory Number of errors: 9 12:28 AM

0102 Servomotor for defroster flaps short to earth

Anyone has encounter the above errors? It seems there must be a common source that is causing the problem? Or all stepper motors flaps are bad?

Thanks so much...
    Hello;

Did you ever find what went wrong with your AC? i have the same issue here, any info will be helpfull.

Thx

My Cars
    2002 bmw 520i
    I have same issue did you solve it ???

My Cars
    2002 bmw 520i
    But only flaps
    Ac and heater
    Defogger
    All working except flaps
    Shortened to ground on scan