Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement of the CCV on M54

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by henryki View Post
    I just replaced mine (M54B30) and it ran with a slightly rough idle for a little bit, but it was just as bad as it was before. I'm thinking it to be the o rings on the intake manifold distribution piece (11611440318) any other things that I should be looking out for?
    Have u tried simply cleaning the idle control valve under the throttle body? It sticks with carbon deposits over time and make operation on the little valve/piston inside stick causing irregular/rough idles. Clean with brake parts cleaner

My Cars
    None
    Hi all.

I have a 2000 528i with the M52 TU and the existing (non-cold weather) CCV has a port where a 3mm vacuum hose leads to the fuel rail. On the new cold-weather CCV I bought, there isn't a port to connect that 3mm vacuum hose. Has anyone run into this issue and how was it solved? Thanks.

My Cars
    01 525iT 88 535is 76 '02
    So, this DIY has been here quite some time. Can we talk about Genuine BMW parts vs assorted manufacturers' kits that Bavauto or ECS sell. Substantive difference? I am willing to pay for the BMW stuff if the other brands are crap, just wondering if it's worth the extra change.

My Cars
    '03 M-Sport 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny bananas View Post
    So, this DIY has been here quite some time. Can we talk about Genuine BMW parts vs assorted manufacturers' kits that Bavauto or ECS sell. Substantive difference? I am willing to pay for the BMW stuff if the other brands are crap, just wondering if it's worth the extra change.
    If you enjoy doing the same task repeatedly, use an aftermarket replacement. If you want to do the job once, do it right and go OEM. Just based on my personal experience...

I had to change mine 3x because I was trying to save money...

'00 540iA Sport w/235k+ Original TCG's, Vanos and transmission.​*Trans failure at 244k+...FS Now

My Cars
    Two of them
    I have a 2002 540i/6 and I did this repair about a month or so ago. I am curious how to block the second vacuum line port that leads to nothing. It is currently just wide open and I just do not think this is right. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Going to attempt this tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad, I bought an OEM CCV with small gaskets off FCP Euro, and a Rein Insulated hose kit off Rock Auto (first experience buying from them). I also invested some money into some smaller ratcheting wrenches 6-10mm for hard to reach areas like some of the hose clamps.
    Will update with exact parts lists and pictures if possible.

Thank you for all the advise in the thread!
    genesis.

@kill_genesis

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis. View Post
    Going to attempt this tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad, I bought an OEM CCV with small gaskets off FCP Euro, and a Rein Insulated hose kit off Rock Auto (first experience buying from them). I also invested some money into some smaller ratcheting wrenches 6-10mm for hard to reach areas like some of the hose clamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis. View Post
    Will update with exact parts lists and pictures if possible.

Thank you for all the advise in the thread!

Results?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12