Thread: Touring roof racks - Can't find tutorial

My Cars
    94 525it?

Touring roof racks - Can't find tutorial

I know there have been many posts on this subject, I have searched. Whenever I click on a link to a write up, the link is dead. I'd like to put a yakima or thule roof rack on my touring, it currently has the factory rack but I've got no accessories for it, I do for a thule/yakima rack. If any one could explain how to get a rack to work in the existing rails it would be great. Members seem to suggest rail riders with a modification. will http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/1443034016.html work, what's the modification. Is anyone interested in doing a trade? Thanks much
    -Mike

My Cars
    18 Cummins 3500 00 330t
    Well I currently have a Frankenstein setup on mine. The rail riders needed to be modified with a dermel to fit in the rails for me. Not sure if I just didn't know how to install them or what. Anyways the mod takes about a hour to do you need to cut the metal black plates thinner to fit. Not hard to do and you will see what I mean if you get your hands on it.

That being said the rest of the setup, bars and accessories are going to run you a pretty penny. I got a good deal on some rail riders $5.00 and another good deal on thule bars with tons of accesories for $20. This is why I went through the trouble of modding my setup.