Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Does the 2003 BMW 325iT have an alarm?

My Cars
    BWM 325i Wagon M56 Eng.

Does the 2003 BMW 325iT have an alarm?

Silly question, but I need to ask it. Just bought a 2003 BMW 325iT from a private party and when I asked them if the car has an alarm, they were not sure...

The car has keyless entry that works as described in the manual. The rear view mirror has the red nub on the bottom which the owners manual indicates to be part of the alarm system equipment. If I lock the car, wait a minute or 2 and try to shake/tilt it, no alarm is activated. In the manual I read that there are different acknowledgements that can be set when activating the alarm but I dont hear any. So I wonder if there is an alarm system on the car at all (I am sure it was standard equipment in 2003, no?) or if its deactivated.

Could not find the loudspeaker under the hood. Let me know if I can check for the presence of the alarm in other places besides the rear view mirror nub. Thanks for your help guys and gals!

My Cars
    chevy/bimmer/VW...
    Welcome to BimmerForums. You will find allot of info here.

Most E46s in the US came alarm ready. That is that half the alarm system is installed but the essentials are not. Also after installing the rest, you need to have the system activated. Check with the dealer on what parts are needed (parts ref). You might be able to get parts cheaper elsewhere but the hardest is to get it activated for free (only takes a few minutes with the right software). I saw a document somewhere on installing the alarm kit# 65739416520 (which I think will also work for your touring). Or try this or this
    Last edited by jayee; 10-31-2009 at 09:52 PM.

03 530i

My Cars
    BWM 325i Wagon M56 Eng.
    Jayee,

Thank you for elaborating on the alarm issue. Kind of odd that the car is alarm-ready to a certain degree, but not all the way. Will definitely talk to a dealer -- its nice to be armed with this information before I do! Thank you