Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA Turbo M3 vs Corvette Z06

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

AA Turbo M3 vs Corvette Z06

Heh heh... I have no details yet, but from the video I saw... the AA Turbo M3 whoops the Z06 by like 3 car lengths. The guys raced like 3 times and each time the M3 walked away from him.

If I can get my hands on the video I'll post it up
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    88 M5 FOR SALE, E92 335i
    I would LOVE to see that! HURRY UP AND FIND THAT VIDEO! I'm getting a stiffie!!

:roll:

JamesM

My Cars
    F10 M5
    Quick dude! One of the guys here at work has one. I need to show him this. Where did you see this?

Please inform us!!!!

Greg
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII, 2005 Chevy Z51 C6
    Yeah, dude, I need to see that!
    Rel
    1999 Titanium Silver ///M3 (SOLD)
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

2003 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Borla cat-back, AEM SRI, GReddy TT, Sony CDX-CA810X

2005 Lemans Blue Chevrolet Z51 Corvette

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3

Find the Video Please

Kevlar it would be nice if you can find and post the video. I wonder if it's a Stage 1 kit as a Stage 2 should be able to easily pull away from the Z06.
    I drove in a friend 2000 Vette that has been mod by caravaggio in Toronto here and supossed to have atleat 420hp.(www.caravaggiocorvettes.com) The car was fast but I think I can take him. Next time I will ask him to run. I gave him a ride in my car and he was very impressed. I told him I would be going to the dyno again as soon as I remove the cats and resonators and replace it with 3.0" system and also change the flywheel from a M3 3.2L and told him he should bring his car too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Stats that I know...

The Z06 spun the dyno at 355 @ the wheels.

The Turbo M3 was running 13psi.

Both drivers left the plaza, and hit the road. The came back about 20 minutes later and the camera car came back as well. The vette driver admitted (reluctantly) that the M3 driver beat him. The M3 driver had the whole story. Somebody with a camera caught the entire 3 races on tape.

I saw one of the races on the camera... They both lined up and by the end of the race, the Z06 was about 3-4 car lengths behind, so much so that the Z06 changed lanes into the M3's lane behind him and there was plenty of room for cars in between.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    F10 M5
    Now we are just being teased...
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    Would 13psi be a STG 2 with the boost turned up a little or custom?
    -Joe

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3

At 13lbs hope so

Definately a atleast a Stage 2 kit.

At 13lbs the M3 should be putting out close to 420-450hp and tons of torque over 400lbs. I would be embrassed if he did not take the vette.

Would be nice if you can get the video posted. I can imagine how upset the vette driver was to have a small M3 beat him 3 times. But he admited his defeat which is always hard to do.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

My Cars
    F10 M5
    M3turbocar.,
    Where did you have the AA work done? You didn't go down to Miami did you? What do you do when things break?

Greg
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    M3turbocar,
    Does your BOV make the same hissing noise as all the other turbocharged cars? I keep hearing that it's not possible for BMW's to have that...although on the AA site the STG 2 comes with a HKS BOV.
    -Joe

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3

Here In Toronto

Greg
    I had my regular mechanic install the turbo 2 years ago and so far everything ok. For the past 2 year all I really do is add gas and then 1/2L of oil every 3000-3500 miles. Hopefully it stays that way. He does not specialize in Bmw mostly Honda but then he also did all the work ona 86 Jetta that I had a Callaway turbo running 17lbs on the stock motor with no problems for 10 years the active kits are straight forward for any good mechanic.
    Personally I think things should not really break unless you abuse your car. The only think I figure can go wrong is if I run too much boost and then it detonates and I don't lift off the throttle and then that my fault it would blow the pistons.
    I use to run 12lbs all the time when its cooler below 70 with out any detonation on the stock compression 10.5:1 and that what I still run I did not lower the compression so I get very little lag. Karl said what will happen is one day it will blow the piston apart as it was not designed to run with that much compression if it's cool which it is getting here it will go to 11lbs and I let it run.

Quest325is
    The Active kits the reason that you don't hear the blow off is that Karl design the blow off to enter back into the intake before the turbo. That way all the air is metered to prevent the car from leaning out when you go back on the throttle. The sound is sure nice when it blow off into the air. Even the HKS goes back into the intake. I know most of the import kits blow off into the air I don't think they have a lean out problem.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    So you can't hear anything when you let off the throttle then? I know when you floor it you can hear the air rush into the engine right? I'm sorry for all the questions...I've just never heard or seen a turbocharged BMW in person.
    -Joe

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3

Don't worry about the questions

Quest325is

No you dont really hear any blow off sound when you lift off the throttle.
    You can definately hear the turbo spooling up when you go on the gas even on part throttle and the sound of a turbo spooling up always sounds nice to me.
    Hopefully one day soon you will get to see one and drive in one. What really stands out is the torque the motor make and it pull hard it will push you back into the seat and that what I like.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    Well I'm hoping to put a STG 2 in my 325is...but then again I might just get a M3 or something..I dunno...but I want to go FASTER! Thanks for answering the questions.
    -Joe

My Cars
    '98 M3

Yeah, I had an encounter with a ZO6....

and I can definitely uphold the truth to the story. My max boost is 12psi and I had 2-3 car lengths on him, but if we would have kept on going, he would have had the advantage cause my gearing wouldn't have let me go past 160mph (we cut it short at around 145mph).

Kev,

Get that video ASAP. Do you know who's turbo M it was that made this kill (name, color of car, etc.)?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Re: Yeah, I had an encounter with a ZO6....

Originally posted by ///MCubed
    Do you know who's turbo M it was that made this kill (name, color of car, etc.)?
    Alex - White Turbo M3 w/ LTW wheels.

My Cars
    '98 M3

Yes, I know who you are talking about...

I had a race with him and his car is faster than mine. His diff. makes a world of a difference on the highway. He raced each other and were even off the start, but for every shift on my car, he still had about another 1k of rpms left in boost zone to pull on me.

where did this occur?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Re: Yes, I know who you are talking about...

where did this occur?
    Last thusday night @ best buy on 40th. They took off... not sure what highway they were on...

My first time there... holy crap. Can you say 'The Fast & The Furious?' All the cars there made my car looked slow... I think out of all the BMWs there, I was the only one not boostin'.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    You showed up,

What a shame, I was going to show up, but was dead tired from work. Maybe next time we will catch each other there, that place is getting crazy. We need more bimmer representation there.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    What a shame, I was going to show up, but was dead tired from work. Maybe next time we will catch each other there, that place is getting crazy. We need more bimmer representation there.
    There were mad cars there... 6 or 7 E36s probably 10 BMWs total. I think Prestige and I were the only one's not boostin'. If I can swing it, maybe I'll go back down this Thursday. That's the largest turnout... I've never seen that many BMWs in the same place at once... I guess it's AA's home turf.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    yeah,

Last time I was there, there was 4 boosted M's. It is kinda of scary how many cars are coming out boosted these days. I even saw a Corolla with a turbo last time I was there. There is only a couple of cars that show up there that you have to look out for, and one of them is a Blue Si Civic that "looks stock" but can really hurt you if you are not careful.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    There is only a couple of cars that show up there that you have to look out for, and one of them is a Blue Si Civic that "looks stock" but can really hurt you if you are not careful.
    Yup... according to Prestige, that's an 11second Civic. I put my tail between my legs that night and figured I couldn't play with the big boys. Everybody is boostin' there... If they aren't boosting they are running 5.9L american power or something.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Yeah, that Si is scary.

My gf brother hangs out with him, and the guy has had a guy I know pretty well do a lot of work on that car. He is shooting for 18psi pretty soon, but every time he runs that car hard, something happens to it (no replacement for german engineering). We have to get a meet going one of these days with all the people who show up at Best Buy (they are kinda of clueless to these message boards).

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    We have to get a meet going one of these days with all the people who show up at Best Buy (they are kinda of clueless to these message boards).
    Ya... I got plenty of questions about the bimmerforums.com decals I have all over my car that night. We'd have to organize something somewhere... this way the cops didn't come and break it up.

The cops showed up last Thursday at midnight... Everybody scattered as soon as they saw the lights. I jumped on the highway and headed north.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast