Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Z3 2.8 Roadster from Europe (Poland) - small gallery :-)

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Quote Originally Posted by myredzed View Post
    Are z3's rare in Poland or is it just parts that are hard to find?
    It's rare car in Poland . Maybe not VERY rare but rare . Z3 here catch eyes of 90% men pedestrians and some drivers . When I bought that car I feel big discomfort because of that, not is starts to be normal for me . Generally people think it's more expensive car than it's in real which is also bad .

My Cars
    '96 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by piotres View Post
    It's rare car in Poland . Maybe not VERY rare but rare . Z3 here catch eyes of 90% men pedestrians and some drivers . When I bought that car I feel big discomfort because of that, not is starts to be normal for me . Generally people think it's more expensive car than it's in real which is also bad .
    I hear you, same here. People think it's a new car, that it goes 180mph, does 0-60 in 4 seconds and is worth 5x what I paid for it. In places where security is an issue, it's not a wanted side-effect. For instance, I would never even consider driving it through any of the Mexican border cities or Mexico City, that is just an accident waiting to happen. Also unlighted backroads at night are no-go over here. People here just assume you are loaded, which I am not.

Last friday at 11pm, I was walking to my favorite taco place, which is 2 blocks from my house on a well lit avenue, full with restaurants and bars. People in the street, very good neighborhood, you name it. I see a jag parked in the street by the valet parking of a restaurant maybe 30 yards away. Van stops, people jump out break off the side mirrors, jump back in the van with the mirrors and blast off. What are you going to do? There is no insurance against that. Owning a luxury car in many parts of the world comes with additional sets of problems.

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Hello

Msuspension rear springs :

When I open pack ...

Cleaned

Painted

Left - pair of "msuspension" springs - right : stock spring from mine car . Difference is visible .

Fast photo during washing. Now rear is 20mm lower (measured), so it's perfect for me now . Front and rear is exual .

NOW ...

New seats : from Z3M roadster, 2001 year, after 60k miles, perfect condition - I bought seats, door panels (not for airbags ) , plugs to seats, and I got for free fit "tabs" for M steering wheel.

Plug is different in new M seats . One central plug not 5 or 6 plugs like for old seats . I solder new plug and hide "old" plugs under carpet . That way I have both .

Compare . More pics when weather will be better here .

Side panels - I'll mod them for version for side airbags . I got luck and buy in good price rear panels for M3 e46, same leather color, I need those because that won't be enought leather for airbag flaps . Also they have nice armrests with leather pads , so guess what I plan . With those panels I will be having much work , but I'll do that during next few mounths .

Left panel from m3 e46 (bit damaged but that isn't important for me ) :

I got also with new door panels : coin holder and ...leather door pulls :

Best Regards
    Peter
    Last edited by piotres; 11-11-2009 at 06:39 PM.

My Cars
    BMW X3, BMW 5
    WITAMY!

beautiful Z3. and nice to see someone able to take care of it.

czy jest tez jakis klub bmw z3 w twojej okolicy?

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Hey, that's my evil twin! (minus the M interior then).

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrowi View Post
    WITAMY!

beautiful Z3. and nice to see someone able to take care of it.

czy jest tez jakis klub bmw z3 w twojej okolicy?
    Klubu nie ma, ale jest dobrze rozwiniety dzial forum poswiecony Z3 . Za malo Z3 jest w Polsce zeby stworzyc dobry klub .

Quote Originally Posted by luciano136 View Post
    Hey, that's my evil twin! (minus the M interior then).
    Hehe yes, our cars are simillar . Give me compressor please .
    Last edited by piotres; 11-11-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    M E36/7 325Ci .:R32
    You are awesome.

My Cars
    BMW
    can u please take detailed pictures of your glove box? in the u.s. we have a big bulky glove box.

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by spider310 View Post
    can u please take detailed pictures of your glove box? in the u.s. we have a big bulky glove box.
    You wouldn't want a euro one. It's pretty much a direct 'line' down with very little room for anything. I like the design of the US one better (minus the metal plate ).

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    97 1.9l Z3
    WOW, awesome work!!!

You inspired me some
    Always in progress!

My Cars
    1996 Z3 1.9L

Impressive

That is all I can say. My hat is off to you for loving and taking care of that car. It has found a lucky place to call home.

The Hankster

My Cars
    97 1.9l Z3
    If you ever sell it, (DONT) but if you do, just show the buyer this thread.
    Always in progress!

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmel89 View Post
    If you ever sell it, (DONT) but if you do, just show the buyer this thread.
    hehe thanks for tip BTW topic about mine car on polish forum is longer and have much more pictures showing various work over mine Z , if anybody want to see it :

http://www.bmw-sport.pl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28369

My Cars
    '96 Z3
    I'm scrolling through the polish link you posted and although I can only see the photos you posted on your website http://www.piotres.boo.pl/z3 , I cannot believe how much you have done to your car. What strikes me the most is the perfection and eye to details, I mean, painting the spare wheel rim? Amazing dedication.

The new rims look very good and I see your top looks like brand new, I like it alot. One of the pictures shows you applying some spray on it, is it just a water repellant like it says or does it include some sort of a dye to make it look so deep black?

Did you run the tube on the cold air intake right beside the radiator without putting some insulation tape inbetween? I know Poland has enough cold air, but you might want to consider some insulation since the tube is metal and will absorb the heat like crazy.

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Quote Originally Posted by mabakker View Post
    I'm scrolling through the polish link you posted and although I can only see the photos you posted on your website http://www.piotres.boo.pl/z3 , I cannot believe how much you have done to your car. What strikes me the most is the perfection and eye to details, I mean, painting the spare wheel rim? Amazing dedication.

The new rims look very good and I see your top looks like brand new, I like it alot. One of the pictures shows you applying some spray on it, is it just a water repellant like it says or does it include some sort of a dye to make it look so deep black?

Did you run the tube on the cold air intake right beside the radiator without putting some insulation tape inbetween? I know Poland has enough cold air, but you might want to consider some insulation since the tube is metal and will absorb the heat like crazy.
    Spare wheel was so rusty that I can't live with it any longer !

Yes softop in mine car is in mint condition. Spray on picutres is impregnat (water repellent) . No it don't have dye, it can be used also for another top's colors so it can't have black dye .

That's such small space in place where CAI come that for sure I won't be able to put any heat insulation there ...

Thanks for comments

Regards

My Cars
    '96 Z3
    Haha, I can't even remember what my spare tire looks like. It's just one of those details that clearly illustrates how serious you are about the project. Hope to see more pics coming soon!

On the CAI, I was referring to this photo:

I fogged my airbox and use the same duct. I used insulation tape to shield the duct from the radiator fluid tank like so:

Ok, it's a crappy pic but it's all I have now. The point is the insulation tape is not that thick and pretty flexible. Maybe it's worth a try to try and fit it, just in the places where there is direct tube to radiator contact.

My Cars
    '96 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by spider310 View Post
    I had these on my Mac, since another member asked me the same thing a few weeks ago..

1996 BMW Z3 1.8 Roadster
    1999 Volvo V40 (DD)

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Now that is truly just a "glovebox" Can't see putting much else in there. Interestingly, you don't have an OBDII port on your console
    Kelvin

My Cars
    '96 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Yup.. I only have some insurance papers in there.. I think the port is on the other side, near the steering-column, however I'm not sure.

1996 BMW Z3 1.8 Roadster
    1999 Volvo V40 (DD)

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    OBD2 is a North America thing, they don't have such things in Europe

edit... hey i saw in your Polish thread that you replaced the broken seat belt guides... how is that done? I attempted at taking the seat leather off to give me access but it felt like i was going to have to start tearing to go deeper. Thanks
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 11-23-2009 at 06:38 AM.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    hehe that euro glovebox isn't that small - I fit big map, asus pda, charger for pda, kit of plastic fork and knife, and sunglasses easily there .

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    OBD2 is a North America thing, they don't have such things in Europe

edit... hey i saw in your Polish thread that you replaced the broken seat belt guides... how is that done? I attempted at taking the seat leather off to give me access but it felt like i was going to have to start tearing to go deeper. Thanks
    Mine Z3 have OBD port but it's under steering column . Mine Z3 have both - round 20pin socket under hood, and OBD inside . But I've never used that OBD , all the time round plug .

Yes, I've replaced one (right) seat belt guide . I've used Vinci's topic a bit as a help :

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=479280

I've not removed leather completely of the seat, just unfasten it from back side, and then ...it's tricky job for hands . As You can see I've cut out old holder, for new one metal clips I've pushed using 10mm cooper pipe.

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Hello

Camber/toe set :

Light in glovebox (using orginal lamp from E46)

I got unmounted wheel arch trims so I decided to apply some anty-rust wax/spray on rear fenders .

thanks
    Best Regards
    Peter
    Last edited by piotres; 05-18-2010 at 08:23 PM.

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Hello

23.12.2009 - Body waxing for winter - Dodo Juice Lime prime lite prewax cleaner and collinite 476S wax .

only ONCE I drive it in snow - for fun .

Leather boomerangs - package from US

Brembo 4 pot callipers from BMW E38.

I hope I'll be able to finish that carbon...it's not easy I must say .

Regards
    Last edited by piotres; 01-24-2010 at 08:16 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    Piotres - I respect your work ethic, work skills and the way you care for your car.

Your car is lucky to have found you.

Great work.
    2000 Z3 MCoupe, '01 LSB E46 M3, '99 GTI VR6, '06 Audi A4, Andrew '95 Avus M3

My Cars
    Z3 2.2i Roadster Individ
    Impressive work...yours is a very "barzo wadna" car

Boy, you worked on that car more than the Spartanburg guys.

What did you do with headlights?Swapped lowbeams with highbeams?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast