Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Turn off demo mode? Sony headunit

My Cars
    94 325is

Turn off demo mode? Sony headunit

The stereo that came with my car is a Sony CDX-GT520 and it is in demo mode and really annoying. It works fine, just after awhile it starts scrolling all the "great" features it has across the screen-preouts, 52W power, etc, etc.

Anyone know how to turn this off? Tried the manual and looking on Sony's website to no avail.

Also, anyone know what the model # would be for the HD tuner to go with this headunit? Found two different ones and no explanation between them.

Thanks

My Cars
    E91 xiT CA Navi BT
    Have a remote? I recall some of the units in my old shop wouldn't exit demo mode unless you pressed menu on the IR remote...
    VP Electricity

2007 E91 328xi T Premium Nav BT CA - PnP custom audio system by musicar northwest

My Cars
    E39: 01 530i
    I used to have a sony that defaulted to Demo Mode when the power was removed (disconnect batt, etc.) IIRC, you had to go through the settings, like you would for the clock,beep on/off, loud on/off, etc. It was a setting in there.

My Cars
    bf.c e34 contour
    IIRC last one I messed with had to be OFF, with key power ON nad then you had to hold a button down to access the extra features and thus turn Demo mode off.

annoying flashing little bi-a isn't it?

My Cars
    94 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by attack eagle View Post
    IIRC last one I messed with had to be OFF, with key power ON nad then you had to hold a button down to access the extra features and thus turn Demo mode off.

annoying flashing little bi-a isn't it?
    Yes it is. I'll try the various ideas on here and see what happens.

Thanks

Success!!

Head unit must be off, and then press and hold the volume dial. It comes up with clock first then just click thru until DEMO appears. Rotate knob counterclockwise and bam it turns it off! Also turned on the dimmer so the thing is not like a disco at night in my car.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Last edited by randeh2; 10-20-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    e36, e90
    Awesome! I've been staring at my friends headunit on demo mode for the last two hours of this road trip and I was going to lose it.
    Current: 95 M3 Turbo | 08 335i

My Cars
    Silverado, Freestar, exp

Omg thank you so much

Best post EVER!!!

My Cars
    2004 Toyota Avalon
    Open the menu, under "General", there is a "Demo Mode - ON/OFF" setting.