Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: What size are the door speakers ?

My Cars
    No car at the moment

What size are the door speakers ?

not the kick panels .. the door speakers .. every place i call tells me that they recommend using the factory ones ..
    does anyone know wut size they are ??

thanks

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    The upper door location holds a tweeter that's about 1". The lower door location holds a mid tweeter. Probably nothing you could buy aftermarket. You could mount a 3.5" or 4" in there with some modification. That's why you're being told use use factory, because there's no direct replacemant speakers made. A lot of shops haven't worked on E36s and don't want to get into custom stuff. If you're looking to upgrade your speakers and are willing to use an aftermarket amp, bag the door locations and put a set of 5.25" components in the kicks. You'll get better stage presence and imaging.

Jay

My Cars
    95 M3 and 03.5 M3
    Just to let you know MB Quart has a replacement for the speakers. I have them in my car and they sound great. They don't use the tweeter in the door, they are a combo woof and tweet in the lower opening in the door. If you want, I can get you a place what has great prices. You prob. wouldn't have to pay tax, just shipping.

Note- they Sound Great but aren't cheap. They look factory,
    which is what I wanted.

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    MB Quart used to make a direct replacemant for the E36, but no longer. My understanding is that their driver for the door location requires modification of the door. Jay