Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Tire Pressure recommendation

My Cars
    '96 328i; '13 X3

Tire Pressure recommendation

My car is a '96 328i. And the tires are Continental ContiExtremeContact P225/45/17. I'm wondering what tire pressure I should use on normal use.
    The car door pillar only indicates 33psi all around for 15" tires but never mentioned the 17" ones.
    So what do you guys use?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The same air pressure. The air pressure is to hold up the weight of the car and that hasn't changed.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    E32 & R1100GS
    Sorry to hijjack the thread, but mine is also a 328 & using the M3 rims staggered front 7.5", rear 8.5". Tyres are 215/45/17(front) & 235/40/17(rear). Will the tyre pressure be still 33psi all round?

My Cars
    No BMW for now
    You guys are thinking about the volume of air. That's what is throwing you guys off. To maintain 33psi it takes more volume of air in the tire, but that's still the same pressure as your 15" tire/wheel combo. Pressure is pressure, it's a constant, but to get 33psi in a 17" tire/wheel it takes more air volume.

My Cars
    E32 & R1100GS
    I'm using 35psi front and 36psi rear. Will this work as I've also lowered the car 35mm allround?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The air pressure is the same no matter what size wheel and tire you use. The air pressure is to hold up the weight of the car and that didn't change. If it is for racing then the answer is not as simple.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack