Thread: Update on my wife... and a new undertaking!

My Cars
    X5 4.4i

Update on my wife... and a new undertaking!

As most of you know my wife underwent a "procedure" this year in which they implanted a pacemaker. Since the surgery she has recovered beautifully and has become a poster child for what we can overcome. Now able to do things that she never thought possible she has taken up new sports and activities once thought impossible. Her cardiologist is elated with the breakthrough. She has recently taken up mountain biking and continues to rock climb and visits the gym at least 5 times a week! She has become a spokes person for the American Heart Association and speaks on behalf of survivors and people who have not made it to the next step.

What most of you do not know is that about 8 years ago she lost her father to Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and Acute Lymphocyte Leukemia. With her new found ability to enjoy life and participate in activates that once she only dreamed of she has taken yet another step. She has chosen to participate, with her sister, in conjunction with the Team in Training to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma association, in the Mardi Gras Rock N Roll Marathon! I don't have to tell you how big a deal it is for a person that couldn't go outside with the temperature was above 80degrees without passing out to tackle a marathon!

I am so proud of her and wanted to share all the news with all of you that have sent me messages asking how she was, and what you could do. Please visit her marathon page and read her story. Every little bit helps with the raising of money for research to save lives. Thank You

http://pages.teamintraining.org/la/mardigra10/pmegan

Last edited by spdu4ia; 10-11-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    -Travis-

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Hope you guys surpass the goal again this year

My Cars
    X5 4.4i
    I think she will. Since she raised so much money for the heart association last year that I think she will raise even more for an organization that means equally as much to her and her sister.

The Heart association saved her life... the Leukemia and Lymph association didn't get a chance to save his , but with the research they will be able to save so many more.
    Last edited by spdu4ia; 10-11-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    -Travis-

My Cars
    '76 CJ5, '13 Tacoma TSS
    I think what she is doing is great, especially who she is doing it with. I gave some but will give more down the road.

My Cars
    04 M3 'vert,98 323is
    Amazing.