Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yep, it's for sale...

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by mz.368 View Post
    I miss the NE contingent. I'm here for the weekend but head home on Sunday so I'll be hanging with pops. If I can sneak away, I'll call you - Zoran has a story to tell me
    Fingers crossed...

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe - gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinci View Post
    Zoran, were the seals around the glass left in place for the paint job? The pictures are a little small to tell, but it looks like they were there, but masked off.
    I believe they were left in place. I'm hoping Carlos will chime in.

I miss the NE contingent. I'm here for the weekend but head home on Sunday so I'll be hanging with pops. If I can sneak away, I'll call you - Zoran has a story to tell me
    We're getting together on Sunday, so if you have some time, give us a call. We'll either be at my sister's or in Fort Lee. I owe you an email....will get to it later today or tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by zoran; 10-09-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '00Z3MC,'10e91, 76-2002
    I miss the NE contingent
    ah the glory days.....

So tempting to get this beauty...but I just ordered a 2010 328iT M Sport thru Military Sales. Good vibes to Jenn

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    For autox yes for track no. Zoran and I rode/drove our cars back to back a few years back and the consensus was that they were both nearly equal with the powerband on his being low to mid and the stock S54 being mid to high. Very nice car though, very clean and well put together and one of the nicest interiors I've seen.

Then they started posting lot's of police officers at the homecoming hotel for the Saturday night reception.... for some reason.... I know not why....

Clint, I'm curious about what a car with the twin screw s/c feels like. When you say it's comparable to your car, do you mean with the stock S54 or post transplant S54?

I drove a stage 2 AA s/c S52 a few months back, the car had loads of torque, but what I didn't like was the way it redlined so quickly in 1st and 2nd compared to an S54. I noticed that this car has a 3.15 diff rather than the stock 3.23, is this the reason, to make the car more drivable around town?

Don't get me wrong, I love this car, I must of opened this thread a 100 times to just to look at it.

My Cars
    01 4.4 S3 X5 03 4.6is
    If it means anything at all...

I've driven both of Zoran's cars (Coupe and Mini), both are complete in every sense of the word. This Coupe especially, is in a league of its own...

It was during the 2007 LRP vintage races that Zoran, whom I just met, throws me the keys to his beautiful Coupe and says, "bring it back to the hotel, I'm going back with Rukman". I hesitated for a micro second and then piled in with Alpina for the trip back. What an absolutely sweet vehicle! Power like a V8 and handling like a slot car. Whomever gets to hang these keys on his or her keyring should count their blessings every day. Good luck with the sale Zoran. I think we had a better time hanging out after the races then we did at the races...haven't laughed that hard in a while! You, me, Jen, Rotorhed, Alpina, Rukman etc...what a blast! My avatar is actually from that event!

Jen, holy fark! You moved to Flo-Rida??? When???

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    That would be great Jen. Zoran's heading over to my 'rents house in Fort Lee where we'll continue on the "other" car. Call me if you can meet up.
    '01 M-Coupe

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by GB5416 View Post
    Clint, I'm curious about what a car with the twin screw s/c feels like. When you say it's comparable to your car, do you mean with the stock S54 or post transplant S54?

I drove a stage 2 AA s/c S52 a few months back, the car had loads of torque, but what I didn't like was the way it redlined so quickly in 1st and 2nd compared to an S54. I noticed that this car has a 3.15 diff rather than the stock 3.23, is this the reason, to make the car more drivable around town?

Don't get me wrong, I love this car, I must of opened this thread a 100 times to just to look at it.
    Zoran's car with the TS was awesome to drive, but our comparison was based on my car will all of the S54 bolt on's (pre engine swap). No doubt about it - it would have been a close race in a 1/4 mile he probably would have had me, in a half mile or on a highway pull I think I would have had him.

The TS makes boost instantly not like a CF charger that makes more boost/power at higher RPM's. These are VERY general statements but basically:

CF chargers tend to be pretty linear in their power delivery more engine RPM's more power.

Larger turbo's can sometimes have lag or smaller ones can run out of breath up top if they are pushed out of their efficiency range.

The TS charger makes instant boost and instant TQ at a relatively low RPM, just point the car in a strait line (this is key) and mash the gas. Bang - 11lbs of boost pretty much all the way to red line.

Zoran made the comment that that once you were going the cars felt about the same. My S54 ran to 8100 rpm and pulled hard past 4000 to redline where the TS still pulled but, not as hard (seat of the pants measure) after 5500 or so. The S54 felt a little lazy below 4k but the TS was very lively in the low RPM's.

I think we both tweaked the gearing for our needs, i believe at the time of the 'test' Zoran had the 3.15 and I had the 3.64, just enough to help him a little on the top end and me a little on the low.

This is why I made the comment of the TS being a freaking awesome Autox car, just put it in second gear and have power all day long and in just about any situation. On the other hand at a track event where you'd be running high RPM's all day long you wouldn't get the full benefit of the low end power and would probably prefer the S54.

YMMV.
    Last edited by clintjg; 10-09-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    Wow, very thorough write up. Thanks. (I had to look up YMMV though).

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe - gone
    Jen, congrats!

The coupe stays in the family .

Last edited by zoran; 11-16-2009 at 02:36 PM.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by zoran View Post
    Jen, congrats!

The coupe stays in the family .

My Cars
    E53 X5, E36 328i
    That's a beautiful car and I'm glad to see that it's going to another great owner.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I was about to say congrats.... but saw that it was posted already, and rightfully so from the previous owner.

I was informed this afternoon that she is taking it on the long journey home tomorrow. Where it will never the horrid idea of snow or street salt again! But maybe a lot from the beach!

Hope she has a safe trip, both the car and driver

Jen you need to find a new unofficial photographer...

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    e36/7/8's
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    I was informed this afternoon that she is taking it on the long journey home tomorrow.
    Have a safe trip, Jen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    Don't fret, love, you're still at the top of the weirdo list and I <3 you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
    I need to say something to get into einzlr's signature.

My Cars
    Dog Mover

Journey will be later this week, but I pick up my new baby tomorrow.
    Last edited by mz.368; 11-16-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    Things you might like to buy:
    Lots of Z3 stuff!

My Cars
    2003.5 M3 Coupe,99M Coupe,99 M3 Vert

I hope I get to see it tomorrow!

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M

Congrats! I'm glad everything worked out. Safe driving.
    -Phil

My Cars
    S54 e36/8
    South Jersey Coupe Meet at the Garage???? Ted is supposed to meet me tomorrow, you might as well stop by!

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I still have your magazine.... you should stop by to get that quickly too!

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Wow, some of the best coupes have changed hands recently. Congrats!

My Cars
    2016 535i

so i'd be happy to take those side flippers off your hands if they're not your cup o' tea....

...seriously

but congrats. that's one clean ride!

-OG

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Congrats Jen on closing two coupe deals in a week!
    Kelvin

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Congrats!
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    Dog Mover
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    South Jersey Coupe Meet at the Garage???? Ted is supposed to meet me tomorrow, you might as well stop by!
    suppose I should check my vm, eh?

Now I see why Ted may not be able to hang around

Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    I still have your magazine.... you should stop by to get that quickly too!
    I think you should have two for me, no?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBenz View Post
    so i'd be happy to take those side flippers off your hands if they're not your cup o' tea....

...seriously

but congrats. that's one clean ride!

-OG
    I am not opposed to parting with the side/rear pieces, we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Congrats Jen on closing two coupe deals in a week!
    I don't eff around

and thanks to everyone else for the well wishes.
    Things you might like to buy:
    Lots of Z3 stuff!

My Cars
    2003.5 M3 Coupe,99M Coupe,99 M3 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Jen owns me tomorrow, I have to drive up to Bloomfield in the afternoon. You good for Wed morning instead? We could play with Jen's 944

My Cars
    S54 e36/8
    Jen has a 944? WTF? And yes, why not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast