Thread: how much is the right price for 2004 M3?

My Cars
    2002 silver 325ci

how much is the right price for 2004 M3?

Hi
    I'm thinking to get 2004 M3 with 64k miles and clean title
    6 speed blk and blk
    what do you guys think? he asked me 24K cash

My Cars
    CB 03.5 ///M
    I'd say there's way more information needed in order for someone else to tell you how much you should be paying. On the face, I'd say that's a little high.
    Last edited by BumpinUglies24; 10-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.

My Cars
    2015 WRX, Bmw s1000r
    For 24,000, you can get a lower mileage M3. Think about it, 64k is almost at the tipping point of where most people get rid of cars, 75,000 miles. Don't get me wrong, it could be perfectly maintained and run to 200k. But you can easily get a great condition m3 with half the miles for that price. Offer him like 22k, otherwise keep looking.
    -Xtremsiege2-

My Cars
    03 m3 ragtop
    i just bought a 03 blk/red 19's smg hid's ragtop with 57k for $19,000 its in really nice shape

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Xterra S 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by robertyoke View Post
    i just bought a 03 blk/red 19's smg hid's ragtop with 57k for $19,000 its in really nice shape
    The car in question is one year newer, a coupe, on the west coast, and 6 speed, making it a more desirable and more valuable

My Cars
    03 m3 ragtop
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgeatdawg View Post
    The car in question is one year newer, a coupe, on the west coast, and 6 speed, making it a more desirable and more valuable

my point being 6k in difference is big!
    and desirable to whom? i wanted a rag top and the smg....i didnt even look at hard tops. so thats all in the buyer and since the nada and blue book put the vert as higher price im guessing more people want the drop top, also look on ebay because i just did and the verts demand higher $$ there also. as far as getting one delivered thats $500-1000 in cost or a $200 flight and some seat time. also the ragtop cost more to start with as many other options do like the smg, 19's, hid's, and any other options that the car may have like heated butt warmers or navi, all that influences the asking price.

My Cars
    1995 AW M3
    my point being 6k in difference is big!
    and desirable to whom? i wanted a rag top and the smg....i didnt even look at hard tops. so thats all in the buyer and since the nada and blue book put the vert as higher price im guessing more people want the drop top, also look on ebay because i just did and the verts demand higher $$ there also. as far as getting one delivered thats $500-1000 in cost or a $200 flight and some seat time. also the ragtop cost more to start with as many other options do like the smg, 19's, hid's, and any other options that the car may have like heated butt warmers or navi, all that influences the asking price.
    Dude forget it, vert's are now where near as desirable, which is why you got yours for the price you did. Yes, you got a smokin' deal, and I'm sure it's a real beaut', but it shoudl not be used a reference point when talking coupe/6spd prices.

And, the price of the options when new has absolutely nothing to do with anything, if the average buyer doesn't want said options. This is why you simply cannot use KBB/NADA when valuing highly saught after cars.
    Last edited by Eric98Sedan; 10-03-2009 at 05:26 PM.

My Cars
    03 m3 ragtop
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric98Sedan View Post
    Dude forget it, vert's are now where near as desirable, which is why you got yours for the price you did. Yes, you got a smokin' deal, and I'm sure it's a real beaut', but it shoudl not be used a reference point when talking coupe/6spd prices.

And, the price of the options when new has absolutely nothing to do with anything, if the average buyer doesn't want said options. This is why you simply cannot use KBB/NADA when valuing highly saught after cars.

i disagree, just because some guys on a forum want a coupe/mt its a small %, like less then 10% and of the total m3 sold its the 90% of the buyers that set the price.
    if this was the perfect car for this fella then why would he even ask? i would just slap down the cash. he never said this was the combo he wanted......did he?
    if your beaut' comment was to insinuate that the car i bought was less then perfect because of the price...youre wrong. the economy stinks and the guy wanted out from the payments..DEALS ARE OUT THERE!
    if you had two cars one with hid's one with out.....you would pay more for the one with hid's? options do make a difference.

you are acting like its some rare thing....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...=p4506.c0.m245
    thats one at a dealer, 1k for less $$ and 15k less miles.

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Kelley blue book says 24,190 for in excelent condition. Make sure the seller can prove
    they have had inspection 2 done. And check for oil change stampage.

Regards.

My Cars
    E46 Dinan M3 Vert
    Inspection II done = $21,500
    Inspection II NOT done = $20,000

that's what I'd offer with that mileage

E46 M3 Vert ::: Jet Black / Cinnamon ::: 6MT ::: HRE ::: Dinan ::: AC Schnitzer

My Cars
    2004 LSB M3 Vert
    i disagree, just because some guys on a forum want a coupe/mt its a small %, like less then 10% and of the total m3 sold its the 90% of the buyers that set the price.
    if this was the perfect car for this fella then why would he even ask? i would just slap down the cash. he never said this was the combo he wanted......did he?
    if your beaut' comment was to insinuate that the car i bought was less then perfect because of the price...youre wrong. the economy stinks and the guy wanted out from the payments..DEALS ARE OUT THERE!
    if you had two cars one with hid's one with out.....you would pay more for the one with hid's? options do make a difference.

you are acting like its some rare thing....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-BMW-M3-CARBON-BLACK-WITH-BLACK-LEATHER-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ280404357112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ Cars_Trucks?hash=item414966eff8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m 245
    thats one at a dealer, 1k for less $$ and 15k less miles.
    First off, the example you gave has been in an accident- look at the CarFax. Also, if you look at classified auto sites like Autotrader.com and Cars.com, dealers are still asking much more money than you find on KBB or here on the forums- and they are getting it! Deals are out there, but they are few and far between if you want something that's reliable with a clean history. The majority of the time an M3 driver loves his car and as we all know, love is costly