Thread: My road to 200k

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus

My road to 200k

Well it finally happened, I rolled over 200,000 miles last night on my drive back to Merced from Gilroy, CA.

I feel a little obligated to share my story in this post about the zed commemorating it's coming of age. As some of you may have read in the other post about when you first knew you wanted a Z3, my passion started at 8 years of age when they first came out. Now I wasn't a fanatic, but was always somewhat drawn to the styling. I got my car in 2003 when I was 15 1/2 years old and just got my drivers permit. It was my first car, so I remain to have that passion that I think we all have for our first car. The car had 94,000 miles on it at the time, which was quite high, but they were mostly highway commute miles and the previous owner had taken immaculate care of it and had complete records.

A few months later I decided that I was driving like Juan Pablo Montoya hunting down Michael Schumacher and spun it backwards into a metal fence nearly ending the zed's life. There was $14,700 worth of damage done to the car, and insurance paid for it to be fixed. Everything rear of the rear suspension was replaced, but no not a new differential mount.

After this incident I was introduced into the world of modding and I caught the disease. It wasn't until late 2006 that I was introduced to this fine forum. I have to say that this forum has provided me with a wealth of information and has made me quite educated on not only the Z3's but on cars in general. I would like to thank every one of you for first of all putting up with my sometimes simple and obvious questions along with the wealth of knowledge that is collectively here. I only hope that I have given back enough information to warrant my questions.

Now, the zed is modded and will hopefully live much longer under my care. I hope you all have the same fun road that I have had

And for the obligatory picture:
    Last edited by The ZED; 09-26-2009 at 01:56 AM.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster, 95 Ford Ranger
    Confgratulations and may you get 200000 more.

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Congrats! What's up with the lights on the dash? LOL
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. Now why are your ABS and ASC lights on?
    Last edited by KBH22102; 09-26-2009 at 05:06 AM.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    My car is sitting at 88k. I can't imagine where I will be with it at 200k.

Congrats. And thanks for the history.
    Last edited by rocknroad; 09-25-2009 at 11:42 PM.

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Congrats. I'm at 180K. I figure I'll keep the car until I hit 200K before I start looking for a new car. Now I have to join your club.

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    I think the lights are from a bad/dirty/unplugged wheel speed sensor. I haven't really taken any time to look into the problem mostly because I like the traction control being off and I have had experience threshold breaking and feel comfortable enough doing it. In fact I have already done it in a panic situation and it didn't surprise me. I'll fix it this winter when it gets a little cooler here so I'm not sweating profusely while I'm working. Plus it's kind of an on and off problem, probably on 50% of the time now.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Now why is your ASC light on?
    pft, why is yours not on?!

3.73 | TCK S/A w/ H&R Sport | M50 manifold | IE Subframe Bushings, RSM, & SS brake lines | Shark Injector | UUC Evo3 SSK & DSSR | Cosmos Strut Brace | ASC, Resonator, CDV Delete

My Cars
    99 z3 2.3, 85 500SEC
    congrats, and your car looks great!

and +1 on the dash lights
    Jonathan Green