Thread: Just got my car back! Problem with airbag light?

My Cars
    95 Alpine White ///M3

Just got my car back! Problem with airbag light?

i just got my car back from the body shop today after over 1 month!!!

i'm so excited, but as I was driving home, I see that the airbag light comes on and stays on whenever I first start up the car. The light stays on for a short while of driving and then goes off. It does this evertime I shut the car off and turn it back on again.

any ideas as to what this is? any ideas as to fixing the problem?
    ///M3 Cc#65
    95 M3 Alpine White Acquired 6/17/03
    Cosmos Racing 3.5" CAI / AA Stage II Euro HFM Kit / UUC Stage II Flywheel / M5 Clutch / AA Gen III Exhaust / Bilstein + Eibach Prokit / OEM X-Brace / AA Strut Brace / ZKW + OEM M5 Projectors / Philips 85123 upgrade

97 Integra LS-Turbo Sold 6/14/03
    10 psi of boost

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    From my FAQ page, www.understeer.com/faq.shtml ....
    My air bag light stays on for two minutes, what the hell?
    Pretty common. Usually it's because the SRS system detected a fault in on of the seat belt latches. Even if it never detects another fault the light will not reset itself, only the dealer can reset it. Some refer to that light as the "give BMW $75 light". The latches are junk. You can either replace them after a fault is detected or take your chances at just having the light reset and waiting for it to trigger a fault again before spending the money. Regardless, your SRS system will still work in an accident. If your SRS light stays on all the time and never shuts off then you may have a major fault and your system may not work in an accident.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!

My Cars
    95 Alpine White ///M3
    awesome!
    thanks for the quick, concise answer.

my seat belt retracting things don't work well on the passenger side ever since i got it back today
    the seat belts don't retract, they just stay stuck unless you like manually feed it to the "retractor'
    ///M3 Cc#65
    Cosmos Racing 3.5" CAI / AA Stage II Euro HFM Kit / UUC Stage II Flywheel / M5 Clutch / AA Gen III Exhaust / Bilstein + Eibach Prokit / OEM X-Brace / AA Strut Brace / ZKW + OEM M5 Projectors / Philips 85123 upgrade

10 psi of boost

My Cars
    m3
    Glad to hear you got your car back. What are your thought on the quality of the job? Do you have any pics?

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    The inertia reel may be damaged, you may need to replace it completely.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!

My Cars
    95 Alpine White ///M3
    quality is ok, i found a slight difference in gaps above the tail lights

pics are here:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...hreadid=131332
    ///M3 Cc#65

10 psi of boost

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    mmmmmmm............the paint looks different.......what do you think about that!
    I'm worry about my car, still at the body shop afet 1 month and 1/2
    How much was your total?
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.