Thread: splitting auto tranny from engine??? please help

My Cars
    92 325i

Question splitting auto tranny from engine??? please help

hey guys who have done this, when the bolts are all out of the bell housing did your auto just slide out, mine seems stuck, can get a .25 in.gap around it with pulling on tranny jack, but no more seems to be stuck,anything need to be prided?? please help stopped for the night but starting up again early
    thanks
    Nick

XOC is offline Existentially Confounded
    My Cars
    Ninety-Nine SuperCharged TechnoViolet Em Three
    I remember a thread on this somewhere in the last few months -- do a Search.
    Lee

My Cars
    92 325i
    there is one bell housing bolt that seems to be our problem the one on the top, it just spins and spins forever, felt and felt for a nut can't find one seems to go straight into block, this is a real problem we spent 6 hrs today just on this and had to stop before someone killed someone!! anyway the bottom of housing is split about 1.5 in. and the top only .25 in. can see the bolt in the middle just spinning? really frusterating :

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    did you unbolt the flywheel from the torque converter?

If the flywheel isn't unbolted from the torque convertor, the tranny will side back about .25 of an inch just like you said.. Should be like 3 big bolts holding them together.. You have to turn the engine with a big wrench or something for each one.. There is usaully a hole in the block to put the socket extension thru..

Also, The top bolt on my 91 535i did have a nut on it but it was the hardest nut to get to.. I had to remove alot of shit to get my hands back there from the top thru the hood.. also try reinstalling all the other bolts then go back to the top..
    -Robert

97 BMW 328is - cosmos blk/blk - 2door - 5speed - sport package

Shark Injector - Cosmos Racing CAI - UUC Clutch Stop - UUC Underdrive Pulleys - UUC Delrin Shift Carrier Bushings - UUC SS Clutch Line - UUC TME Red - UUC Stainless Steel Brake Lines - MZ3 SSK - Bilstein Sport Shocks - Eibach Prokit Springs - 96+ M3 Offset Strut Mounts(swapped) - 96+ M3 Rear Sway Bar -
    96+ M3 Control Arms - 96+ M3 LCABs - E46 M3 RSMs - X-Brace - Turner RTAB Limiters - Turner Brass Caliper Bushings - Fan Delete - Rear Shock Tower Brace -

My Cars
    92 325i
    did the 3 on fly wheel we are going to try and cut the bolt with long hack saw?

My Cars
    92 325i
    bump