Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use CarSoft cable with INPA and DIS

My Cars
    528, E53 4.4, E92, F86

After a long struggle INPA and DIS worked using carsoft cable. Free head shows in DIS. Thanks so much Randomy for your writeup. As joako mentioned it was necessary to remove and add network adaptor in SCO Admin for DIS to work- thank you joako for this tip!

Attached some pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by E39Only; 03-29-2010 at 04:05 AM.

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    Hello,

I'm from Holland, so if there are any typo's, my bad!

This is the Carsoft module i also use!

If being reading this topic because i found it to be very intresting.
    I installed VMWare and DIS by the article of Randomy, the i started reading this topic on how to use DIS with the Carsoft cable i got.

Tried different things from topic's i've read on the forum and in the end got it working for 1 go, then i rebooted the XP machine, or the GT1VMWare machine and now i can't get the IFSserver and DIS connected to each other.

Here are some screens about the settings and things that do work!
    -Carsoft works!

-INAP works!

-DIS boots

and i can get to de Calibrate touch Screen part and enter 1-->2 for the APITEST. Only thing is i get the Time Out error!

Here are some settings that where required:

I tried removing the network adapter from the EDIABAS screen option 7 and then adding it again with the TCP/IP protocol and that helpt me one time to let IFHService to show IFHService - 192.168.68.30

If the GT1 machine is running from Windows CMD i can ping the GT1 machine.

My Windows Firewall is not active, and there are no other firewalls running. The XP machine is a clean install and the only thing installed is the software for running DIS and the stuff around it!

Tried repairing VMware for maybe better networkadapter control or somethings like that, i just tried. After repair i changed the ip adresses back to the required values. Sometime when i checked the ip in the Virtual Networking Manager, VMnet1-->Subnet said that that ip adres was already being used by another VMnet controller, while VMnet8 is Disabled!?

I hope that this is understandeble for the one's reading this.
    I hope someone could help me, i'm desperate because it has worked this afternoon

TIA!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Return to the "Calibrating Touch Screen" Menu in DIS and choose Oprion 3 "Configure protocol translator", then choose Option 3 - Change to Fister then Option 9 - Exit. Next Choose Option 2 - "Configure processes", then Option 3 - "Set vm off", Choose Option 2 to Apply the new configuration, then Option 9 - Exit. Finally, choose Option 1 to re-start Ediabas, then try the APItest again.

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    David,

If you can not ping between hosts that setting will have no effect.

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    But i can Ping to 192.168.68.30 from my Windows Host to the GT1 vmware machine!

I'm going to try those options this week! It's easter tomorrow so i don't know if i have some time! Darn easter!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Joako, DIS is displaying LED network status indicators, since there is no indication of a diaghead emulator in use, vm is currently set to run and the system will fail an APItest.

My Cars
    520d
    Hey
    If someone would be so kind and put here step by step how to make carsoft interface show in inpa ignition and battery in on. It always shows off . Or this isnt possible?

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    Not possible for ignition. Can set Ubatt on by config file.

My Cars
    94 325is, 98 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by MaikelK View Post
    Tried different things from topic's i've read on the forum and in the end got it working for 1 go, then i rebooted the XP machine, or the GT1VMWare machine and now i can't get the IFSserver and DIS connected to each other.
    Same Issue!

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Return to the "Calibrating Touch Screen" Menu in DIS and choose Oprion 3 "Configure protocol translator", then choose Option 3 - Change to Fister then Option 9 - Exit. Next Choose Option 2 - "Configure processes", then Option 3 - "Set vm off", Choose Option 2 to Apply the new configuration, then Option 9 - Exit. Finally, choose Option 1 to re-start Ediabas, then try the APItest again.
    Did not fix mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MaikelK View Post
    But i can Ping to 192.168.68.30 from my Windows Host to the GT1 vmware machine!

I'm going to try those options this week! It's easter tomorrow so i don't know if i have some time! Darn easter!
    I can ping 192.168.68.1 from my machine so I know my host only network is working, for some reason I cannot complete the APITest, even with IFH-Service running

I get

Fehlertext : NET-0009: TIMEOUT
    M50 3.1L Stroker - TC Kline D/A

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    When you rebooted the host, the firewall program didn't re-start did it?

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    hay david i am getting stuck at the network setup my system keeps saying ip conflict
    and running the aptitest i get host not found
    any help
    thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Open but do not start your virtual machine then from the edit menu choose Virtual network settings. Click on the host virtual network mapping tab, then clock on the > to the right of the Vmware Network Adapter VmNet 1 line. Click on Subnet and make sure the IP address is 192.168.68.0, Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 then save the settings. Often these settings are altered by your computer during installation of DIS, and need to be corrected.

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    thanks David another problem i am having is when i am returning from the scoadmin calibration screen the system would hang and i can't return to the gt1 screen
    you been a great help

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Be patient, it can take a minute to return to DIS from the calibration screen. Try defragging the virtual machine before you start DIS by clicking the edit virtual machine settings, highlighting the hard drive, then clicking the utilities button to choose defragment. If you have defragged the vm and are still getting a black screen when you attempt to return to DIS, the option is to choose option 0 to close DIS, then re-start id rather than attempting to use option 9 to exit back to the main screen. I am fairly confident that defragging the vm will cure the problem.

My Cars
    E46 320i, E30 325e
    I tried those options and it did'nt work, im still getting the TIME-OUT error!

I removed my internet device from SCOADMIN like someone said on the forum, and added al three of the internet devices with ip numbers starten at 68.30 to 68.32.

I then got the leds in the top of the screen red, yellow, green, but still getting a APItest fail and no connection with IFHserv32.

Now the machine keeps asking for a root login and password. Entered those 2 values and after that tried init 6. Machine keeps rebooting but no DIS boot. Keep getting the login screen!

I don't no what to do next, i installed a compleet new GT1 system as i removed the old one and followed the Randomy guide! Still no succes!

Please help!

So, reinstalled everything, Again.......

Now online removed one networkdevice from SCOADMIN and added ONE! With IP 192.168.68.30. I can now ping it from XP. I changed the settings as told Post #103 from David MC. Tried an APITest and it succeeded! FINALLY

Now im going to try and install Diaghead, wil see if it works!
    Last edited by MaikelK; 04-06-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    man i am flipping this setup every which way and still can't get this APItest to work
    still with the time out
    help should I start all over ?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Kram328i, in order to help you, we need to know what OS is running on your host computer, what version of Vmware you are using and if you are using EasyDIS.
    APItest fails with EasyDIS and Windows XP are usually caused by:-
    1. Incorrect IP address for VmNet 1 (Should be 192.168.68.0)
    2. Incorrect or no modifications to EDIABAS.ini file 192.168.68.1, Interface type, port 6801
    3. Incorrect or more than one AMD network adapter in SCOAdmin
    4. Failure to correctly amend /etc/hosts file and/or /etc/EDIABAS.ini in scoadmin
    5. Firewall or Antivirus software running.
    6. Failure to start IFHSrv32 netserver before opening DIS
    7. Incorrect Translator (Use FISTER)
    8. Incorrect Protocol settings (set vm to not run and update configuration)
    9. Failure to restart EDIABAS from inside DIS after amending translator or protocol settings.
    10. Software incorrectly loaded.
    11. Using a diaghead emulator (seperate list of possible faults for this one alone!)

Apart from item 10., reasons for failure have not been listed in any particular order.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    thanks David
    I finally got i running today
    i was running easydis and xp
    my problem was #8 on your list
    i was doing this on an ibm t30
    why is using a diaghead emulator bad?
    thanks again you've been a great help

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Glad to see you are up and running. Use of a diaghead emulator is unnecessary (apart from enabling display of the signal indicators at the top of the DIS home screen), unnecessarily complicates installation (as you need to specify diaghead parameters, choose a head and connect it to your network) and introduces the need to run and monitor yet another program (diaghead emulator) whilst running DIS.

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    hay David a car question
    have ever had low idle on your 328i
    and can the dis be used on our e36 to do anything
    thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Only when the battery was on its way out, you can use DIS for great diagnostic info and repair guides but there are no codable modules on the E36 if that is what you mean.

My Cars
    97 328i-e46 323i
    thanks
    next mission trying to get the sss base up and running

My Cars
    BMW E36 316i (M40)
    From what i could see in the screenshots, dis and inpa do not cover E36 with the M40 engine, is it true ? I don't want to buy the cable for nothing...

My Cars
    E38 728i sixstraight

carsoft cables/interface on inpa

hi there

i am still trying to make it all work
    but i can't find the fifo setting anywhere
    i searched the whole advanced settings for comport an usb/serial converter but still nothing.
    i am running vista here and maybe that si the problem but who can tell me this
    carsoft is running perfect but i need inpa for some deeper work wich carsoft can't do

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by vimann View Post
    From what i could see in the screenshots, dis and inpa do not cover E36 with the M40 engine, is it true ? I don't want to buy the cable for nothing...
    I use the UK version but it only covers the E36 with M42 or M43 engine. Some of the very early cars didn't have too many electronically diagnosable systems fitted.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast