Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: How to use CarSoft cable with INPA and DIS

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Hello guys
    I'm sorry to pester here adding to such a long thread
    I have the easyDIS v1.0 base 44 from www.b,wecu.org (the one that has an e30 as a background)

It was working fine on my 32bits XP computer. That computer did everything but KFP flashing, for some reason. It had a K+D can cable with a switch on the side.

Long story short, I was replacing the ABS/DSC module and I ran over the 32 bits coding laptop. Unsalvable. I removed the disk and copied the virtual machines. I took ownership of them, both run fine, but I cannot get them virtual machines to communicate with my other computer.

I have a working install of STD tools there, I can code using NCS, flash using KFP and use INPA.

I revised the 21 pages worth of very helpful posts in this thread and tried everything. My DIS v44 VM just won't have free diag heads.

vm is set not to run and the other 2 to run
    apitest inside the "calibrating touch shield menu fails", error net-0009: timeout
    it's set on fister mode
    IP configuration is 198.168.68.1 now I've tried several variances, restarting ediabas and shutting down DIS to make changes stick.

Apitest outside works (the one inside the EDIABAS folder)
    I have a diag head emulator that I tried changing protocols to softing and use but's the same, I can't get a diaghead to show inside the DIS Virtual machine
    I would greatly appreciate any help, and I'm willing to hire somebody that could remotely solve this problem for me.
    Last edited by jicaino; 06-16-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    Diehard E39 driver.
    I'd rather die or take a walk before driving an E60 or any BMW made after Y2K.
    ​"Your momma's so ugly she makes Bangle cars look nice"

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    IP address on Administration System configuration should be 192.168.68.30. Ditch the diaghead emulator and try connecting again.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    IP address on Administration System configuration should be 192.168.68.30. Ditch the diaghead emulator and try connecting again.
    Thanks so much for replying.

I don't seem to be able to store that setting. I type it

And then the OK button does nothing. If I try to save it with the save button it displays this message

Enviado desde mi HTC One_M8 mediante Tapatalk
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Update I just hit the OK button like a gazillion times and then it saved it!!! Off to the car I go to see if it's working

Enviado desde mi HTC One_M8 mediante Tapatalk
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    My fault - I should have told you to enter the IP address then hit the back button instead of the OK.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Thanks for the support, David.

Saved it, had signal from the DIS side

But I still haven't free diag heads listed

Tried to reconnect to a diag head

But nothing happened

So double checked all and found that the IP on the scoadmin was 192.168.68.29

Thought I'd struck gold with the finding, edited the protocol and changed it to match the master connection

Rebuilt the kernel and environment and had it booting by default

Still no free diag heads up for establishing a line with the car.

What could I be missing?
    Cable works on the native side.
    INPALOAD.exe works
    Ifhsrv32.exe was shut down and up again every change I made.
    My VM Ware adapter is properly set (I think...)
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    And now it seems like I eff'd something up, asks for login

Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Your installation is not correctly configured - the fact that DIS displays the coloured signal strength bars on the home screen indicates that either the translator is not set to Fister or that vm is not set to off/nsw & dsm are not set to run. Have a look at post #800 on page 32 of the DIS Success thread to check your settings. You don't need to be able to view the free diaghead screen - this is for DIS running multiple diagheads on a workshop network - not for an installation like ours where the diaghead is linked directly to DIS via a virtual network.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Your installation is not correctly configured - the fact that DIS displays the coloured signal strength bars on the home screen indicates that either the translator is not set to Fister or that vm is not set to off/nsw & dsm are not set to run. Have a look at post #800 on page 32 of the DIS Success thread to check your settings. You don't need to be able to view the free diaghead screen - this is for DIS running multiple diagheads on a workshop network - not for an installation like ours where the diaghead is linked directly to DIS via a virtual network.
    So I shouldn't be expecting to actually see the diaghead?
    The bottom signal is for the DIS GT1 machine, right? I shouldn't be seeing neither? (Not the top nor the bottom signal bars?)
    vm is set off, the other 2 are set on. Translator is Fister. Shouldn't SCOadmin menu #7 IP for the network adapter match DIS system connection parameters?

When I try apitest in the configure matic menu it says net timeout error 0009. Apitest works outside.

Thanks so much for your enormous help and patience.
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The APItest from the configure-matic menu is the one that tells you if the virtual network is working or not, check your PM's.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    The APItest from the configure-matic menu is the one that tells you if the virtual network is working or not, check your PM's.
    Thanks!!
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    E34 535iS E38 735i
    Is anyone able to link me too the version referenced in this thread? I cannot seem to find a working link anywhere.

My Cars
    E30 M3 S50B32
    inpa is working using the carsoft interface, but it only shows digital, analog1, analog2 under readings, is this normal for e36 s50b32 (euro m3) ?
    is there any other software that can show vanos readings or do a vanos diagnostics that works with the carsoft interface?
    thanks
    1987 BMW M3 S50B32 engine swap

My Cars
    320i M-Sport 2003 E46
    Hi, speaking of diagnostic tools, I need a link to download INPA files. The ones that come in 'steps' 1, 2, 3...

The one I have has ZIP folders of Ediabas, Expert... It came with the cable but it's difficult to follow the installation videos because I don't have the folders 1,2,3 which are used in the video. I had installed PA soft 1.4 which I found to be fairly useful but now it is giving me a 'faulty' response when I run it. It seems easy but installing these programs is complex. I have the VMware installed on my Windows 10 and the installation videos for INPA but now need the link to the INPA files.

Thanks

My Cars
    E30 M3 S50B32
    How did you get the DIS to work with carsoft? I got INPA working fine, but unfortunately it doesnt show vanos for the s50b32 so i want to try DIS.
    I've installed and followed everything, but when i choose the DME it hangs for a while then returns "Diagnostic bus error Fault 200.133" im using com1 as i can only initialize carsoft using that (and not com5 like some suggested). It's passing the API test and stuff. Im trying today to use an obd.ini file and setting the buffers to 1 in port settings in case that helps. Any ideas? Thanks

edit: nevermind for DIS to work with carsoft, it worked after setting the buffer to 1 and adding an obd.ini file on com1
    Last edited by liquidtension; 06-30-2019 at 12:43 PM.

My Cars
    E30 M3 S50B32
    Does anyone know if it's safe to try to DIS -> export mode -> test modules. i found there's a ton of tests from valve timing to MAF etc etc etc i wonder if i can run those stuff safely, kind of worried i might bork the DME or something especially since this is a swapped car with the DME reprogrammed with 'superchip', has anyone tried these tests? are they useful? thanks

My Cars
    1996 E36 M50B25NV
    Hi. I use a carsoft 6.5 cable. Unfortunately I have a problem with coding in the NCS, at KMB (compact after swap with M43 to M50NV, there is no EWS) error appears vin is faulty IFH-0009. INPA, DIS, carsoft does not connect to the instrument cluster. What should I do?

My Cars
    325i
    I have had INPA working for a couple of years. Still have the capability to diagnose and read live data. However, if i enter the functional jobs page and then select UIF, INPA has a problem and immediately closes. No error, just closes.
    I have noticed that WINKFP will not open, had been working. Both issues may be related. Anyone else have this issue

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122